Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's YouR Best Draft Story?

I loved Lynch's reaction to getting picked.  Real emotion, the culmination of years of work, a dream come true.  It looked real and raw and honest, which was great to see.  His road will be so hard, so much to learn, but I hope he succeeds.

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

Mine is Boehringer, the kid from Germany, you just have to pull for this kid that has never set foot in America until the draft. Good Luck MoBo and welcome to America!!

I am rooting for him too. He seems like a nice, humble guy who loves football. He already signed his contract with the Vikings, making him the first player drafted this year to do so. 

The other feel good story was that of Mackenzie Alexander.  ESPN did a feature on him yesterday, showing him working the fields in a farm town in Florida to help his parents who are from Haiti. It shows where he developed his work ethic and how hard he works at becoming a better football player. It was nice to see. 

Mine comes from the Lions....

At the Senior Bowl they interviewed safety Miles Killebrew....    to his face they told him they didn't like him...   told him he was out of shape,  and that they wouldn't draft him.

He was stunned....    didn't know what to say....     asked if anyone else had anything to say and when no one did...     said goodbye....

Then the Lions turn around and draft him....    said they were testing him to see how he'd react.    And they're glad they picked him.       For his part,  Killebrew says he takes no offense and is happy to be picked....

19 hours ago, Jason_S said:

watching Brady Quinn and Gino Smith check their watch every 5 minutes wishing they were anywhere but in the Green Room. lol :76evil:

Good ones indeed! How about Johnny FB drinking water every 30 seconds? Lol.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My favorite draft story is the story of when we drafted Andrew Luck over RG3, and I did a fist pump.

It was a pretty epic fist pump.

you know there was never any actual doubt that Luck was the guy, right? lol

18 hours ago, Jason_S said:

you know there was never any actual doubt that Luck was the guy, right? lol

This is just not true our former GM said RG3 was a once in a life time cant miss prospect . There was a lot of debate over who was the better QB even a year after the draft with most people saying RG3 > Luck

2 minutes ago, B~Town said:

This is just not true our former GM said RG3 was a once in a life time cant miss prospect . There was a lot of debate over who was the better QB even a year after the draft with most people saying RG3 > Luck

LOL...that could have been the final straw that got that former GM fired.  BTW that same former GM also said that Trent Richardson could be the most talented player in that draft so....yeah.

Sure, there were many in the media that thought RG3 might get taken instead of Luck, but as far as Irsay was concerned, there was never any doubt.  There was never even the slightest chance that Irsay would have drafted RG3 over Luck.  I am 100% confident in that.  

9 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Sure, there were many in the media that thought RG3 might get taken instead of Luck, but as far as Irsay was concerned, there was never any doubt.  There was never even the slightest chance that Irsay would have drafted RG3 over Luck.  I am 100% confident in that.  

Even though they had a personal workout with RG3 before the draft, and didn't tip their hand before the draft?

I was like 90% sure Luck was the guy, but there was enough doubt that I was nervous.  Huge sigh of relief when the pick was Luck.  Then, the fist pump. :yahoo:

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Even though they had a personal workout with RG3 before the draft, and didn't tip their hand before the draft?

I was like 90% sure Luck was the guy, but there was enough doubt that I was nervous.  Huge sigh of relief when the pick was Luck.  Then, the fist pump. :yahoo:

Yes.  IMO that was Irsay letting Grigson do his due dilligence, even though Irsay's had already made his decision.  

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Except the Colts didn't workout RG3 before the draft.   He refused to attend it