Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How could we pass on Whitehair in the 2nd round?

7 hours ago, SP_21 said:

Grigson and Pagano seem confident in Morrisons health. Many of the reports I've read about him are positive. Analysts seem to think that while he's not an amazing athlete he's a very good football player. 

Only time will tell but writing him off before we even get to Rookie minicamp is absurd. 

Just out of curiosity, have you seen him play?

I'm not writing him off. I don't think he was good value at 125. He was projected to go much later and he doesn't have a very high ceiling. 

18 hours ago, evilleseniorfan said:

I like a lot of what we did, but we could have hit a grand slam by fixing the core of the OL.  Mewhort/Kelly/Whitehair could have formed a comfortable core for Luck's entire career.  Instead we opted for a S, a LB with bad knees and character problems, and a back up C.  WHY?  Is it the GM or the scouting staff?

They drafted 4 offensive linemen.  Just because they didn't draft the one guy that YOU wanted them to draft doesn't mean they didn't solidify the interior of the OL.  

10 hours ago, Gavin said:

I wont get into this back and forth with you. To you an analyst is always right over a fan even if that fan has shown grades on a prospect by PFF (Who's backed up by the combined 400+ years experience of the Coaches Network) and does his own research on what to look for when watching tapes/film/games on a prospect. The kid was not projected near the 2nd round till he ran his 40. Then he ran the 40 and his stock soared. I believe he will develop and hopefully play very well or even great for us when he gets the chance but right now he is more of a projection based on measurable and some good but a lot of bad film

Well the problem is that you think that YOU are always right and you take it very personally any time someone questions your opinion as compared to that of a pro scout...or when someone makes a comment about pro scouts being pro scouts for a reason and fans being just fans for a reason.  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/t.j.-green?id=2555537  - Round 2 projection

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=129534&draftyear=2016&genpos=FS - Round 2 projection

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016S.php - Scroll down...Round 2-3 projection

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/FS - Round 2 projection

In less than 5 minutes, I was able to find multiple sites all projecting him in the round 2 area, but you call him a "day 3 safety" and then wonder why someone might question that?  

2 hours ago, Jason_S said:

They drafted 4 offensive linemen.  Just because they didn't draft the one guy that YOU wanted them to draft doesn't mean they didn't solidify the interior of the OL.  

Well the problem is that you think that YOU are always right and you take it very personally any time someone questions your opinion as compared to that of a pro scout...or when someone makes a comment about pro scouts being pro scouts for a reason and fans being just fans for a reason.  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/t.j.-green?id=2555537  - Round 2 projection

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=129534&draftyear=2016&genpos=FS - Round 2 projection

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/FS - Round 2 projection

In less than 5 minutes, I was able to find multiple sites all projecting him in the round 2 area, but you call him a "day 3 safety" and then wonder why someone might question that?  

Gavin watched the film on Green and formed his own opinion. IMO he has way more credibility than a poster who just listens to scouts opinions. Scouts are wrong just as much as us "wannabes". 

2 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Gavin watched the film on Green and formed his own opinion. IMO he has way more credibility than a poster who just listens to scouts opinions. Scouts are wrong just as much as us "wannabes". 

And that's fine...he's entitled to his opinion...everyone is.  However, not everyone takes it so personally when their opinion is questioned. 

As for scouts being wrong "just as much"...I highly doubt that.  If they were wrong just as much as us "wannabes" then they would be watching videos on youtube and draftbreakdown.com like the rest of us "wannabes".

11 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

And that's fine...he's entitled to his opinion...everyone is.  However, not everyone takes it so personally when their opinion is questioned. 

As for scouts being wrong "just as much"...I highly doubt that.  If they were wrong just as much as us "wannabes" then they would be watching videos on youtube and draftbreakdown.com like the rest of us "wannabes".

Someone on the interwebs should keep track of analysts grades, mock drafts, etc. 

They miss on prospects quite often IMHO

19 hours ago, evilleseniorfan said:

He was available before the trade!

With the trade we were able to Haeg and Green two for one. We still got good value from the draft. Perhaps we didn't get the second best guard in the draft but we got a very highly rated lineman in the 4th to go along with a guy our defense and coached really wanted in Green to help our backend. Besides...there will be another draft next year and guess what...we can take more OL if we want if some of the guys we got this year don't work out. Sometimes a player comes along (Green) once every few years...and you have to jump on them when you can...a guy like Whitehair...those interior lineman are around every year. 4 picks for the OL was a very big investment...we needed help in the secondary to replace Adams and hopefully we got it.

3 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Yet you ignore the Fact that the kid jumped to the 2nd Only because of his combine numbers, and not because of his play. Why is it important for you to do that?

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Yet you ignore the Fact that the kid jumped to the 2nd Only because of his combine numbers, and not because of his play. Why is it important for you to do that?

how did I ignore that?  I never went into detail about how or why he was projected as a 2nd round safety, only that he WAS projected as 2nd round by more than 1 reputable site.  That's it...that's the only point I made.  

22 hours ago, evilleseniorfan said:

I like a lot of what we did, but we could have hit a grand slam by fixing the core of the OL.  Mewhort/Kelly/Whitehair could have formed a comfortable core for Luck's entire career.  Instead we opted for a S, a LB with bad knees and character problems, and a back up C.  WHY?  Is it the GM or the scouting staff?

Maybe it was Chuckies turn to pick? Anyway, it is all on Chuck to turn this kid into a top safety.

And i have no problem if the kid takes it into late season 2 or his 3rd season to play at a above average level.
  But Chuck`s new toy better be excellent given time!!! He has to develop a DB sometime!!!

I also wanted the Colts to get Whitehair, because of the rating he was given by the draft analysts I am basing my knowledge off of, but to the question of "how could the Colts pass on him?" , the answer is simple, because the Colt's management (GM, Coach, Scouts, Owner) were obviously of the consensus opinion that trading back for the extra 4th and 7th rounder picks, combined with the 2nd rounder in the Packer's slot, would better enhance what the team can take away from this draft, for it would give them 3 players where they would only get one.

If (that being a big IF) Whitehair is who the Colts were looking at before the trade, then they pulled the trade trigger because they deemed him not being as much value to the team as the three players they would instead come away with.  Alternatively, perhaps they were not even interested in Whitehair (despite the ranking of him by talking head analysts) and they figured they could get who they wanted anyway, later in the round, but in the process also pick up two additional players (via the 4th and 7th rounders they were given to make the swap).

In making the trade, if Whitehair is who they wanted, maybe they also thought that he might still be there and they could get him anyway, but that if he didn't last (which he did not, with him being picked in the slot just before the Colts pick), that they were okay with that because of who else they figured they would get should Whitehair not be available.

I think that with the above explanation, the reason as to how could they pass on him is definitively answered.

One is free to be of the opinion that Whitehair was (will be) worth more than the three players the Colts instead received (T.J. Green, Antonio Morrison, & Austin Blythe), but alas, the powers that be do not agree with your assessment.  Also throw into that equation Le'Raven Clark, whom they may have figured on being able to get in the next round, just like they did, with their thought being that perhaps he will more aptly fill the team's needs in combination with the other three aforementioned players, as compared to Whitehair and one other 4th round player that they may have instead chosen in place of Clark.

Three or 4 years down the road if the three players the Colts instead got all turned out to be non factors, along with Clark also being a non factor, while Whitehair went on to become a top notch, Pro Bowl caliber OG, then today's dissenters can recall this thread and gloat that they were so much smarter than the Colts' regime at the time.  For now, though, dissenting opinions are simply dissenting opinions.  Dissenting opinions that I consider to be far less credible in source, for they are fan opinions from the outside, not from the INSIDE expert circle of knowledge that the Colts rely upon.

There, end of thread. :)

9 hours ago, akcolt said:

I don't have a problem with Green. I think he will see the field sooner than many on here think. I thought we would come out of this draft with a S. I felt like we needed to. I said before the draftt I thought S was an underrated group. We worked out enough Safties  I trust Pagano and Co.got it right.

I think Clark has a very high ceiling too. He was great value in the 3rd. I think he could play either T spot eventually. He's not ready right now. I just don't get the inderstand the pick. We signed Castonzo to a big contract. Reitz was ranked in the top 15 by PFF and we supposedly love Good.

All that being said we draftt Clark with Jenkins and Fackrell on the board. Keep in mind our only 3 OLB's are all over 30. I would have taken Jenkins. He's ready to contribute now. I think he's underrated as a pash rusher and sets a strong edge. 

Morrison is the pick I really have a problem with. Yes I have seen him play. They guys knees are shot. He's had 2 surgeries already. He is undersized, struggles in space, lacks strength,vision and is a liability in coverage. I did not see anyone who had him going early day 3. The 6-7  round is where most projected. He makes a huge hit once in a while and plays with an attitude. 

There were a lot more talented players there at 125 without the injury history. I have never been a fan of drafting a player who couldn't stay healthy in college.

If we wanted to gamble Robinson CB from LSU was the perfect gamble.The kid is a day 2 talent that slide because of off the field problems. He is a long atheltic corner with a ton of talent who excels in press coverage. If this kid matures and gets his off the field issues squared away he could be a #1 CB for someone. I think Robinson maturing is more likely than Morrison suddenly staying healthy. 

If we wanted a safer pick Booker/Dixon were both there. I think Booker will end up being the second best back in this draft. Judon was their along with a few other guys. I don't see the value in Morrison at 125. We probably could have got him in the 7th with his injury history and off field issues.

For whatever it's worth,  Grigson was asked about Morrison's knees and he said the doctors passed him easily....     no problems currently....    

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For whatever it's worth,  Grigson was asked about Morrison's knees and he said the doctors passed him easily....     no problems currently....    

Even if his knee is as good as it can be after multiple surgeries. He is still undersized and lacks strength needed at ILB. He isn't very good in coverage. He has poor vision and insticts according to scouting reports. 

I didn't see anything to get excited about when I watched him play except a big hit occasionally and a mean streak. I don't see him backing up the nastiness up at the next level. 

There were players to get excited about at 125. I don't think it was a very good pick. No value. As I said earlier I think Robinson would have been a great gamble in that spot. There were better players at 125. It looks like a reach for a position/player there was no reason to reach for to me. 

18 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Even if his knee is as good as it can be after multiple surgeries. He is still undersized and lacks strength needed at ILB. He isn't very good in coverage. He has poor vision and insticts according to scouting reports. 

I didn't see anything to get excited about when I watched him play except a big hit occasionally and a mean streak. I don't see him backing up the nastiness up at the next level. 

There were players to get excited about at 125. I don't think it was a very good pick. No value. As I said earlier I think Robinson would have been a great gamble in that spot. There were better players at 125. It looks like a reach for a position/player there was no reason to reach for to me. 

Well....    Grigson and Pagano are people whose job is literally on the line.      They have access to much more info than what you and I have.    

And they LOVE the guy.

I've made a post today,  but since you haven't seen it,  I'll basically say it here.....   

I'm not entirely comfortable with how optimistic are staff is with this draft.

They believe that Green was a 1st round caliber player.    That Clark was a borderline 1st/2nd round player.

They believe that Haeg in the 5th round was a 2nd round player.       They appear to love Ridgeway and Morrison.

If those guys play to expectations,  then the Colts will be alright.

But if we missed on those guys,  if those guys fail to live up to expectations,  then Grigson and Pagano will be unemployed in two years.

4 hours ago, rockywoj said:

SI also wanted the Colts to get Whitehair, because of the rating he was given by the draft analysts I am basing my knowledge off of, but to the question of "how could the Colts pass on him?" , the answer is simple, because the Colt's management (GM, Coach, Scouts, Owner) were obviously of the consensus opinion that trading back for the extra 4th and 7th rounder picks, combined with the 2nd rounder in the Packer's slot, would better enhance what the team can take away from this draft, for it would give them 3 players where they would only get one.

If (that being a big IF) Whitehair is who the Colts were looking at before the trade, then they pulled the trade trigger because they deemed him not being as much value to the team as the three players they would instead come away with.  Alternatively, perhaps they were not even interested in Whitehair (despite the ranking of him by talking head analysts) and they figured they could get who they wanted anyway, later in the round, but in the process also pick up two additional players (via the 4th and 7th rounders they were given to make the swap).

In making the trade, if Whitehair is who they wanted, maybe they also thought that he might still be there and they could get him anyway, but that if he didn't last (which he did not, with him being picked in the slot just before the Colts pick), that they were okay with that because of who else they figured they would get should Whitehair not be available.

I think that with the above explanation, the reason as to how could they pass on him is definitively answered.

One is free to be of the opinion that Whitehair was (will be) worth more than the three players the Colts instead received (T.J. Green, Antonio Morrison, & Austin Blythe), but alas, the powers that be do not agree with your assessment.  Also throw into that equation Le'Raven Clark, whom they may have figured on being able to get in the next round, just like they did, with their thought being that perhaps he will more aptly fill the team's needs in combination with the other three aforementioned players, as compared to Whitehair and one other 4th round player that they may have instead chosen in place of Clark.

Three or 4 years down the road if the three players the Colts instead got all turned out to be non factors, along with Clark also being a non factor, while Whitehair went on to become a top notch, Pro Bowl caliber OG, then today's dissenters can recall this thread and gloat that they were so much smarter than the Colts' regime at the time.  For now, though, dissenting opinions are simply dissenting opinions.  Dissenting opinions that I consider to be far less credible in source, for they are fan opinions from the outside, not from the INSIDE expert circle of knowledge that the Colts rely upon.

There, end of thread. :)

Have you looked at the interior OL players the INSIDE circle of knowledge has brought in via the draft and in FA?  It's not a glowing endorsement. I can see why they would be questioned. 

Mewhort has been fine at LG but let's not forget a lot of us wanted Gabe Jackson as our G at that spot in 2014. Who do you think got that one right?

That being said I think they made the right move here. What they did with extra picks is a different story. I think we blew it on the extra picks. I don't see anything in Morrison. I don't understand the Blythe pick. He doesn't  have the size or the strength to play G and we took a C in the 1st. I think he goes undrafted if we don't take him.

There were some who had a 4th round grade on Whitehair. I didn't like the fact he was rarely in a 3 pt stance, arms were kind of short and the weak bench press number he put up at the combine. I have no problem trading back and taking Green. I wish we had done something different with the extra picks. I don't see how Clark has any part in this trade. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....    Grigson and Pagano are people whose job is literally on the line.      They have access to much more info than what you and I have.    

And they LOVE the guy.

I've made a post today,  but since you haven't seen it,  I'll basically say it here.....   

I'm not entirely comfortable with how optimistic are staff is with this draft.

They believe that Green was a 1st round caliber player.    That Clark was a borderline 1st/2nd round player.

They believe that Haeg in the 5th round was a 2nd round player.       They appear to love Ridgeway and Morrison.

If those guys play to expectations,  then the Colts will be alright.

But if we missed on those guys,  if those guys fail to live up to expectations,  then Grigson and Pagano will be unemployed in two years.

I think they got it right with Green. There was a lot of 1st round buzz. Clark Ridgeway and Haeg were all good values where they were taken.

Clark has the skill set to play LT. He probably needs a year but don't most Olineman?  I'm not sure why we went OT with our hole at OLB with Jenkins and Fackrell there but we did.

Haeg should be a good G. I would have taken Billings but Ridgeway if he stays motivated he will be a great pick. Morrison I don't get but we have spent enough time on that. 

I like what we did. Give me Jenkins/Fackrell in the 3rd only because of need. Clark has.the higher ceiling I would have looked at need. I liked Jenkins in the 3rd from day 1. 

Robinson instead of Morrison and I would love it. That seems so easy to me. I'm not going to complain about Blythe in the 7th though it's confusing.

51 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Have you looked at the interior OL players the INSIDE circle of knowledge has brought in via the draft and in FA?  It's not a glowing endorsement. I can see why they would be questioned. 

Mewhort has been fine at LG but let's not forget a lot of us wanted Gabe Jackson as our G at that spot in 2014. Who do you think got that one right?

That being said I think they made the right move here. What they did with extra picks is a different story. I think we blew it on the extra picks. I don't see anything in Morrison. I don't understand the Blythe pick. He doesn't  have the size or the strength to play G and we took a C in the 1st. I think he goes undrafted if we don't take him.

There were some who had a 4th round grade on Whitehair. I didn't like the fact he was rarely in a 3 pt stance, arms were kind of short and the weak bench press number he put up at the combine. I have no problem trading back and taking Green. I wish we had done something different with the extra picks. I don't see how Clark has any part in this trade. 

-Blythe put up 29 reps at the combine. For comparison Travis Frederic...One of the better Centers in the league since being drafted put up 21.

What he lacks:

- bulk

-Long Arms.This is why he gets out over his feet sometimes on the move and slips off blocks in an attempt to reach his man in my opinion. He is quick enough however. Savvy NT's with long arms could seriously give him a hard time

-Dominant jolt in his hand punch...Which to me his hand punch is a bit slow. He also prefers to catch his man to often. These things have to change or I don't think he has much of a future in the NFL outside being a journeyman or sitting a big chunk of his career as a FA line

What he does well in my opinion:

-Good knee bend

-Good hand placement

-Strong enough to anchor

46 minutes ago, akcolt said:

It seems that you are trying to debate or argue for the sake of arguing, all on the premise that you have a different talent evaluation opinion.  Such is off topic.

The O.P. asked the question of how could they pass on Whitehair, and as I responded, the answer is obvious, that answer being because it is THEIR opinion that doing so was the right thing to do.

Your disagreeing with the evaluations of tptb within the Colts organization strays from the O.P. question as posed, and would be better served being put into a thread entitled "Questioning or disagreeing with draft prospects evaluations and drafting strategies of the Colts Organization".

23 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

It seems that you are trying to debate or argue for the sake of arguing, all on the premise that you have a different talent evaluation opinion.  Such is off topic.

The O.P. asked the question of how could they pass on Whitehair, and as I responded, the answer is obvious, that answer being because it is THEIR opinion that doing so was the right thing to do.

Your disagreeing with the evaluations of tptb within the Colts organization strays from the O.P. question as posed, and would be better served being put into a thread entitled "Questioning or disagreeing with draft prospects evaluations and drafting strategies of the Colts Organization".

OK Capt. Obvious you answered the question as posed. Do you want a little star next to your name?  If you don't like the direction the thread went in the move on to the next thread. Let's see how many stars you can get tonight. 

Because we liked TJ Green better.

Because using your first pic on an interior olineman is okay but using your first 2 picks on interior Olinemen is going a bit far.

Because we had some gaping holes elsewhere.

Pick your favourite.

Also, can I just stand up for Antonio Morrison here? Dude was ridiculously productive on on an SEC defense. He was the defensive playcaller for Clemson. As for being 'slow', he had a staph infection so couldn't attend the combine, but went against doctor's advice to attend his pro day after weeks in bed. You try running a 40 after spending a few weeks in bed and see if you feel on top form. I have watched his film and his play speed is pretty great.  

As for the character issues, he was arrested for barking at a police dog that was barking at him. That's just a police officer looking to boost his arrest numbers.

I'm rooting for him to come up big and start next to DQ this year.

10 hours ago, akcolt said:

OK Capt. Obvious you answered the question as posed. Do you want a little star next to your name?  If you don't like the direction the thread went in the move on to the next thread. Let's see how many stars you can get tonight. 

Yes, very clear your intent is to beat a dead horse that is purely opinion based.

Continue your belaboured off topic hi-jack, child.   Beyond the captain obvious refuting of your dribble, I won't be drawn in further by your flame. Welcome to my iggy.  

4 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Because we liked TJ Green better.

Because using your first pic on an interior olineman is okay but using your first 2 picks on interior Olinemen is going a bit far.

Because we had some gaping holes elsewhere.

Pick your favourite.

Also, can I just stand up for Antonio Morrison here? Dude was ridiculously productive on on an SEC defense. He was the defensive playcaller for Clemson. As for being 'slow', he had a staph infection so couldn't attend the combine, but went against doctor's advice to attend his pro day after weeks in bed. You try running a 40 after spending a few weeks in bed and see if you feel on top form. I have watched his film and his play speed is pretty great.  

As for the character issues, he was arrested for barking at a police dog that was barking at him. That's just a police officer looking to boost his arrest numbers.

I'm rooting for him to come up big and start next to DQ this year.

Antonio Morrison-Florida

"As for the character issues, he was arrested for barking at a police dog that was barking at him. That's just a police officer looking to boost his arrest numbers."

He was actually arrested twice within 5 days....June 16th.....June 21. The first for punching a bouncer. The second for barking at a police dog. That was back in 2013 and I have not found any other incidents since then. No the police officer wasn't looking to boost his arrest records. Again though that was 3 years ago and shouldn't be held over him since he hasn't done anything since

On 5/1/2016 at 5:53 PM, evilleseniorfan said:

Follow me here.

When it was time to draft in the 2nd round, they thought another player was better.  That is how they passed on Whitehair.  

I removed a few posts here and raised my eyebrows at a couple more.  Could you guys please make an effort to allow people to express their thoughts without namecalling and/or telling everyone they've got no right to have an opinion?

Thank you

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:45 AM, crestmount said:

I would have loved to see Whitehair here, but Grigs and Pagano didn't--maybe they know something that we don't.  And that is why they are doing their jobs, earning the big bucks, and I'm just a bus driver earning the scraps from under the table.

Yeah, a lot of people give Grigson and Pagano a lot of guff, but I don't think anyone would really want their jobs, much less be good at it.

There's no "GM union" or "coaches union" demanding shorter work weeks and less hours for coaches like the players union does for the players.  These guys work way more than 40 hours a week.  Sometimes, probably double that, and they are well compensated for it, but there's a reason for the sayings about being a coaches wife/family.

I don't think I could have a job where I work so late that I sleep on the couch in the office, shower at the office, and then get right back to work in the morning...

49 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Follow me here.

When it was time to draft in the 2nd round, they thought another player was better.  That is how they passed on Whitehair.  

Get outta here with that crazy talk.

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Your starting to become aware to the fact that Ryan Grigson isn't good at his job. 

Just cause im curious, what would it take for you to actually like Grigson? Not like approve or be whatevs about him, but actually advocate for the guy?  Is it beyond reconciliation at this point?

24 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Just cause im curious, what would it take for you to actually like Grigson? Not like approve or be whatevs about him, but actually advocate for the guy?  Is it beyond reconciliation at this point?

I honestly dont know. Probably 3 drafts in a row the quality of 2012 (which I know is completely absurd, but that's the best I can think off of the top of my head).

On 5/2/2016 at 0:50 AM, SP_21 said:

Grigson and Pagano seem confident in Morrisons health. Many of the reports I've read about him are positive. Analysts seem to think that while he's not an amazing athlete he's a very good football player. 

Only time will tell but writing him off before we even get to Rookie minicamp is absurd. 

Just out of curiosity, have you seen him play?

He is ours now anyway. A Chuck kinda player! We have been littered with a bunch of these.

27 (125). Indianapolis Colts: Antonio Morrison, LB, Florida

Antonio Morrison had negative PFF grades in run defense and coverage this past season at Florida. He did grade positively as a pass rusher with 11 total pressures. His 2014 season was better, but barely scraped above average in grading terms.

And

"Those numbers are ... well, they're not great. And while most figured Morrison wouldn't test off any charts, from the response I got on Twitter, people also didn't think they'd be that damning.

The thing about Morrison, and something I've tried to tell people who thought he was a possible third- or fourth-round pick, is that his violent style makes him seem more athletic than he really is. He flies into tackles, but only when he has a straight lane to the ball carrier. If you ask him to go sideline-to-sideline, it's just not there.

There's a label given to some linebacker prospects: "Phone booth linebacker." In short areas, such players can make an impact. But if you ask them to track faster players in coverage or a ball carrier outside the tackles, they're often left empty-handed — something our memories tell us is true of Morrison, and was true even prior to his torn ACL and freakish recovery.

Change of direction is a necessity for full-time linebackers in today's NFL, and it helps rotational LBs get more snaps. To me, with those numbers on paper, Morrison's a situational linebacker who can be used to plug gaps. I'm not sure what he is beyond that at this point."

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

I honestly dont know. Probably 3 drafts in a row the quality of 2012 (which I know is completely absurd, but that's the best I can think off of the top of my head).

I figured at least him being right more than you are (equally absurd, I know!) Was a good starting point. LOL

I'm just yanking your chain a little, but I know you aren't the only one that feels that way about Grigs. I went from trustworthy to skeptical. So it's not like I'm gleaming with reckless trust.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

Just as long as you're being reasonable... ;)

I liked the trade down and I'm good with the Green pick, provided he gets coached up, and the staff has a decent track record with DBs. I don't like that they used the 4th on Morrison, but that's another angle. Ultimately, while I like Whitehair, I'm fine with passing on him. I liked a lot of guys in this draft, can't get them all.

Finally!  You don't build a quality OL with FA's & late round picks unless you're very, very lucky. 

We have a young, round #1 LT, a young, round #2 LG, a young, draft round #1 C, why wouldn't you go for a young RG, the 1st or 2nd best available, in round #2 this year, and pick up a young RT in round #3 (which we did)?  

Let's connect the dots and protect the franchise.  Hopefully we've found the missing pieces.