Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What I Would Have Done Different

Overall I like this draft the most since 2012. I would have preferred Bell over Green as being more pro ready but Green does offer a lot of upside, especially with Pagano as a coach. I would have taken Jordan Howard in 4the instead of Morrison and Scooby Wright in the 7th. 

I would of strongly considered moving up in the second and losing a fourth to go

Ryan Kelly

Myles Jack

Andrew Billings

Billings in the third could be considered a "reach" because he went so late in the fourth, but moving up in the second we lose our fourth rounder so I'd take him there.

We lose out on a project OT, but I think Myles Jack is a premier ILB talent that would anchor the defense for the future. Reminds me of Patrick Willis.

22 hours ago, Stillen said:

I would of strongly considered moving up in the second and losing a fourth to go

Ryan Kelly

Myles Jack

Andrew Billings

Billings in the third could be considered a "reach" because he went so late in the fourth, but moving up in the second we lose our fourth rounder so I'd take him there.

We lose out on a project OT, but I think Myles Jack is a premier ILB talent that would anchor the defense for the future. Reminds me of Patrick Willis.

I like what you did there. I wouldn't be mad if that were to happen. (Wouldn't want Billings though)

On 03/05/2016 at 1:56 PM, Stillen said:

Ryan Kelly

Myles Jack

Andrew Billings

To be fair, the Colts did try to trade up into the early second, just didn't happen. Also for the trade to go through you would be giving up more than a fourth. 

On 03/05/2016 at 1:56 PM, Stillen said:

Ryan Kelly

Myles Jack

Andrew Billings

To be fair, the Colts did try to trade up into the early second, just didn't happen. Also for the trade to go through you would be giving up more than a fourth. 

Used our 2nd and 2017 3rd and 5th to move up to the top of the 2nd. And......This......

1 Ryan Kelly Center

2 Noah Spence EDGE (Trade Up)

3 LeRaven Clark T/G

4 Hassan Ridgeway DT

5 Christian Westerman G

7 Scooby Wright ILB

Notable UDFA's

Jeremy Cash

Curt Maggitt

Ron Thompson

Jhurell Pressley

Josh Ferguson

David Perkins

Keyarris Garrett

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Used our 2nd and 2017 3rd and 5th to move up to the top of the 2nd. And......This......

1 Ryan Kelly Center

2 Noah Spence EDGE (Trade Up)

3 LeRaven Clark T/G

4 Hassan Ridgeway DT

5 Christian Westerman G

7 Scooby Wright ILB

Notable UDFA's

Jeremy Cash

Curt Maggitt

Ron Thompson

Jhurell Pressley

Josh Ferguson

David Perkins

Keyarris Garrett

So you made a trade that nobody would take and took the UDFAs you wanted without competition. Got it. 

On May 3, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Let's all be glad that it's not actually up to any of us.  Armchair QBs are sitting in an armchair instead of the executive office for a reason.

Watch Morrison the undersized slow ILB that lacks insticts play and you may change your mind. That was a terrible pick. It's the only one I have real issue with

I would have prefferrd Davis in the 2nd  with the trade down but I understand the thinking on Green. I think it could pay off.

Morrison I flat out don't get most places I saw had him as 6-UDFA. There was top 40 talent press CB Robinson from LSU. I would have rolled the dice on him. We had our choice of RB's pass rushing rotational DL. Why trade back if this is the pick 

I would have gone:

1) Shaq Lawson

2) Nick Martin

3) Justin Simmons, S, Boston Co.

4) Joe Haeg

5) Tyrone Holmes, OLB, Montana

7) I don't know...maybe, Austin Blythe.  Seems like a really good value.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If that is all the thought you can think of your lame. Your broken record mentality is old and stale.

It's not your lame.  It's you're lame.  As in you are lame. 

"you're" wrong a lot in this thread 

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

completely understandable.....because it takes a bigger man to admit he was wrong

keep chopping wood!

Tell me where have you been positive about much of anything Colts related? Also you were off topic with the thread because of your need to make negative comment. You are more than likely going to be bummed out over the next few years being Grigson and Pagano will be here for a while. Just keep on being negative, it suits you well.