Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Player you're most excited about

CR91

For me it is Curt maggitt. Yes I like all the olineman and im sure andrew does too, but im telling you this kid is special. This was the reason it didnt bother me that the colts weren't taking pass rushers because I knew if we got maggitt, we would be fine. Who are you excited about?

Ryan Kelly and Joe Haeg.  Some think that Haeg was some kind of redundant pick after Clark, but I think he's a great ZBS guard (who can also be a swing tackle) that we got a round later than I thought possible...

'Excited' is an interesting word.

To me, every once in awhile in the NFL, you have to have a dull, unexciting draft where you take a lot of linemen.

Not pass rush stars or tight ends but big, strong interior linemen.

You don't 'win the draft' and nobody is excited about your picks because you are picking )linemen in low rounds

But if you get lucky, you set your team up for years to come.

For our Colts, this may have been that draft. If we get one offensive line starter immediately and  two or three offensive line starters eventually out of this draft, we've set up our high priced skill players to excel for the forseeable future.

TJ Green. Dudes an athletic beast. He's just super raw. Fortunately Pagano is a DB whisperer, plus, there's enough bodies at CB I think for Green to be able to sit back and learn for a while. We just gotta be patient with him, and we might have a gem 

Well I think Ryan Kelly will be a very good NFL center from day 1 and will make our line a lot better so I am most excited for him right away.

As for the future, I think T.J. Green will be an absolute beast in a year or two. He has all the intangibles to be one of the top safeties in the league. I'm not sure if he is a starter here or not from day 1, but in the future I think he'll be an absolute stud.

I am also excited about Curt Maggitt as an UDFA, He can get after the passer, but he has a lot of off the field baggage, hope he doesn't ruin his career before it starts with stupid decisions. 

TJ Green pick came outta left field for most here but after hearing how high the coaches are on him I am intrigued . Kid has measurable the are off the charts if the staff can help him reach his potential kid could be a super star . There is always bust potential as with any pick but the possible upside really draws my interest .

After listening to the post draft interview,  I'm really excited about Antonio Morrison and Hassan Ridgeway..something tells me that those two players will become a key part of the defense..especially Morrison!! Just go listen to the way pags and grigson talk about the guy,  not to mention they talked about him longer than any other player, which gave us more of their view on him and his potential..also excited about TJ Green.

Green, i didnt know much about him early on, but recebtly i heard about him shooting up draft boards fast, and also saw how excited our staff was to get him, so he must be something special, we'll just have to wait and see

47 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

TJ Green. Dudes an athletic beast. He's just super raw. Fortunately Pagano is a DB whisperer, plus, there's enough bodies at CB I think for Green to be able to sit back and learn for a while. We just gotta be patient with him, and we might have a gem 

I think they plan on playing him at FS. Take over for Adams next year ?

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

patient...I didn't think that word existed anymore!

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

'Excited' is an interesting word.

To me, every once in awhile in the NFL, you have to have a dull, unexciting draft where you take a lot of linemen.

Not pass rush stars or tight ends but big, strong interior linemen.

You don't 'win the draft' and nobody is excited about your picks because you are picking )linemen in low rounds

But if you get lucky, you set your team up for years to come.

For our Colts, this may have been that draft. If we get one offensive line starter immediately and  two or three offensive line starters eventually out of this draft, we've set up our high priced skill players to excel for the forseeable future.

Can't like this post enough times! 

In the "safety zone" I'd clearly go with Kelly.  I just think he's as easy a pick as Grigs has had since drafting Andrew.  His floor is at LEAST a very solid starter in this league, and his ceiling is future ProBowler.  He just looks like a big ol country boy yet he is smart (got his Master's degree already) and looks all business.  I think he and Luck could be a tandem for the next decade.  

In the risk department, how can you not like Green?  Yes, his skills are questionable but he is a freak athlete and a thumper and plays with some nasty.  I don't know about you but I like some nasty on my defense.  If it is even possible when you watch his tape he almost plays even FASTER than he timed in the 40.  He just flies around out there.  If Pags can work with him a bit he could be a steal in this draft and at worst I think he is gonna be an immediate contributor on ST.

In the UDFA dept, Maggitt is the guy for me.  Injuries are what kept him out of the draft.  I guess he was injured in like week 2 or 3 this past season and he was dropped off of most teams' boards for that.  But if healthy this guy is a monster and can rush the passer.  Almost every year we have at least one UDFA make the roster and he is definitely who I've got money on......provided he can stay healthy.

I'm excited for a lot of players Kelly being number 1 Clark and be a potential starter of Right Guard or right tackle in a little time. I'm not big on Ridgeway I think he's  not big enough for NT unless he plays defensive end. Morrison sounds like a thumper so excited for him.  Haeg and Blythe are rotational and back up guys. UDFA running back to Ferguson outside linebacker Maggit, l read good  things about that kid

I say Green mostly because I know what to expect from Kelly and O-lineman aren't playmakers lol, so it's hard to get excited there. You just hope they block well and open up holes in the run game. I think Green has huge potential.

54 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

I'm excited for a lot of players Kelly being number 1 Clark and be a potential starter of Right Guard or right tackle in a little time. I'm not big on Ridgeway I think he's  not big enough for NT unless he plays defensive end. Morrison sounds like a thumper so excited for him.  Haeg and Blythe are rotational and back up guys. UDFA running back to Ferguson outside linebacker Maggit, l read good  things about that kid

Ridgeway way likely won't be playing alot of nose for us. Although he does have the ability, don't let size fool you. But more often than not he'll probably be a 3 tech kinda guy. He has alot of versatility.

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Then don't watch his Bama game tape on YouTube.  I did, it depressed me.

Except for seeing Kelly take him out as well as opening holes for Henry.

come on smonroe, its the best center in the country vs a 4th round LB on one knee. cut him some slack

Kelly. Our inside protection will be greatly improved.

Luck won't have to run for his dang life.

Fast receivers will be able to run longer routes. 

More chunk plays. more tds. more wins

48 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Ridgeway way likely won't be playing alot of nose for us. Although he does have the ability, don't let size fool you. But more often than not he'll probably be a 3 tech kinda guy. He has alot of versatility.

5 technique is where I predict. He reminds me of Cory Redding 

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

For me it is Curt maggitt. Yes I like all the olineman and im sure andrew does too, but im telling you this kid is special. This was the reason it didnt bother me that the colts weren't taking pass rushers because I knew if we got maggitt, we would be fine. Who are you excited about?

I thought he had a chipped bone or something.  he won't make rookie mini-camp, right?