Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Other teams drafts

Nobody hit a home run in this draft.  Teams would follow up a slam dunk pick with a project player (or a kicker), like the Colts, Jets, Cowboys and Bucs did.

I think the following teams had a pretty good draft:

Ravens

Browns

Bears

Titans

Texans

Jags

The following teams had a pretty weak draft:

Panthers

Saints

Pats

Bucs (just because of the K in the 2nd)

Lions had a lot of decent picks, but didn't draft a single WR to try and replace Megatron... can you imagine the Lions forums right now?

Everyone else had just kind of an average draft.  Mix of solid picks and risky picks.

16 minutes ago, twfish said:

Not crazy about the texans draft. Especially Miller.... no way....

Braxton isn't impressive. We watched him in person at the combine doing WR drills. He couldn't catch a pass. This was without any defenders on him but himself. lol

30 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Braxton isn't impressive. We watched him in person at the combine doing WR drills. He couldn't catch a pass. This was without any defenders on him but himself. lol

I was there too lol hands down the worst.......

42 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Teddy Bridgewater had a bad pro day and he turned out alright. Don't put too much stock into what guys do in shorts in front of scouts. He's most likely going to be a gadget player anyway. 

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

Agreed, I thought the Patriots draft was very bad and random.

They are pretty much set at alot of spots though. They don't really have a glaring need. They got Hightower coming back next year, they got Pot Roast in free agency to help bolster their front and on offense they are loaded. They are were pretty well set before the draft. And although we don't understand their picks, we must remember who were talking about. A coach and staff that is good at developing, adjusting and putting guys in position's where they can excell.

BlueShoes BPA Rankings:

Team Draft Rank
Chicago Bears 24.00
Cincinnati Bengals 23.57
New York Giants 22.00
Washington Redskins 19.43
Minnesota Vikings 18.63
Buffalo Bills 15.43
Pittsburgh Steelers 14.00
Oakland Raiders 10.78
Jacksonville Jaguars 8.29
New Orleans Saints 5.80
Miami Dolphins 4.75
Seattle Seahawks 4.70
Los Angeles Rams 4.25
Baltimore Ravens 4.18
Denver Broncos 2.50
San Francisco 49ers 2.45
Philadelphia Eagles 1.25
Indianapolis Colts -0.25
Tennessee Titans -0.80
Detroit Lions -2.70
San Diego Chargers -4.63
Green Bay Packers -4.71
Houston Texans -4.83
New York Jets -6.71
Carolina Panthers -9.40
Dallas Cowboys -11.11
Cleveland Browns -14.36
Kansas City Chiefs -17.89
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -22.57
Atlanta Falcons -23.83
New England Patriots -26.22
Arizona Cardinals -27.33

Colts BPA Ranking:

Overall Indianapolis Colts PS SCHOOL VAL
26 Ryan Kelly OL Alabama -8
75 T.J. Green S Clemson -18
57 Le'Raven Clark OL Texas Tech 25
66 Hassan Ridgeway DL Texas 50
201 Antonio Morrison LB Florida -76
172 Joe Haeg OL North Dakota St. -17
251 Trevor Bates LB Maine -12
194 Austin Blythe OL Iowa 54

1 hour ago, QwizBoy said:

Teddy Bridgewater had a bad pro day and he turned out alright. Don't put too much stock into what guys do in shorts in front of scouts. He's most likely going to be a gadget player anyway. 

T. Bridgewater has been pretty mediocre IMO. You`d think his passing stats would be a lot better with teams stacking the box on A.P. Not to mention they have a top five defense. 

14 minutes ago, MPStack said:

T. Bridgewater has been pretty mediocre IMO. You`d think his passing stats would be a lot better with teams stacking the box on A.P. Not to mention they have a top five defense. 

How has he been mediocre? He made the Pro Bowl in just his second year, and it only took him getting to year two for the Vikes to win their division and compete against the likes of the Packers and Seahawks in the playoffs. 

2015 Minnesota Vikings 16 16 292 447 65.3 3,231 7.2 14 9 44 307 88.7 44 192 4.4 3 8 3

14 TD passes 9 INT with a passer 88.7 is not what I`d call Pro Bowl material. He made it because others didn`t go. Just my two cents! Bridgewater and Braxton two different players anyways. Shouldn`t be in the same discussion. 

Teddy Bridgewater also put up those stats with one of the worst supporting set of receiving weapons in the NFL. Diggs has a year under his belt and now they have Treadwell. I wish we would have picked Howard or Scooby Wright in the 4th and Von Bell in the 2nd. Other than that, at least we got what 2 guys to come in and help protect Luck right away. 

On May 1, 2016 at 0:17 AM, QwizBoy said:

I would be worried. He couldn't catch any of them. lol. They were short passes like what you do out in the backyard of your home.

On 5/1/2016 at 0:52 AM, weslo1812 said:

They are pretty much set at alot of spots though. They don't really have a glaring need. They got Hightower coming back next year, they got Pot Roast in free agency to help bolster their front and on offense they are loaded. They are were pretty well set before the draft. And although we don't understand their picks, we must remember who were talking about. A coach and staff that is good at developing, adjusting and putting guys in position's where they can excell.

Yeah, unfortunately, what looks like a bad draft probably won't matter in January when the Pats are in the thick of the playoffs again anyway.  Especially if a couple of these rookies turn into role players this year, which Belichick always seems to do.

They lost their 1st round pick though, so I doubt expectations were very high going into the draft.  Maybe in a few years when Brady is retired and they don't have a QB, they will look back and say "Man, if we had just had that 1st rounder..."

10 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I would be worried. He couldn't catch any of them. lol. They were short passes like what you do out in the backyard of your home.

Have you seen him play? Though I'm sure TJ Green and Antonio Moreison are huge impact players and future Hall of Famers.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:24 AM, MPStack said:

I would say Bridgewater played better than mediocre when looking at his receiving crew. Pro bowl in his 2nd year tells a little more than your assessment or lack there of.

On 5/1/2016 at 9:05 PM, twfish said:

I was there too lol hands down the worst.......

He may have had a bad Combine, but assuming he can't catch is crazy. He actually has very natural hands. He needs to work on some other stuff -- route running, using his body, etc. -- but his hands are fine.

Will Fuller, on the other hand, has stone hands. The Texans moved up one spot to take Fuller, and then Washington took Doctson with Houston's pick. They really messed that up, IMO. One of the worst catchers in the draft instead of one of the best catchers in the draft, and they moved up for that privilege...

On 01/05/2016 at 7:34 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Nobody hit a home run in this draft.  Teams would follow up a slam dunk pick with a project player (or a kicker), like the Colts, Jets, Cowboys and Bucs did.

I think the following teams had a pretty good draft:

Ravens

Browns

Bears

Titans

Texans

Jags

The following teams had a pretty weak draft:

Panthers

Saints

Pats

Bucs (just because of the K in the 2nd)

Lions had a lot of decent picks, but didn't draft a single WR to try and replace Megatron... can you imagine the Lions forums right now?

Everyone else had just kind of an average draft.  Mix of solid picks and risky picks.

I think the saints actually came out looking pretty good considering they only had 5 picks in the draft. They came away with three solid players who will most likely improve their team. Plus they got the kid from Canada who can be a good player once he figures out the NFL game (he was damn good up here). Id say they have a shot to come away with an 80% success from this class (2-3 yrs from now) which is next to impossible to achieve for any team.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I would say Bridgewater played better than mediocre when looking at his receiving crew. Pro bowl in his 2nd year tells a little more than your assessment or lack there of.

I think my assessment backs up my opinion that he has been mediocre. Posted some stats that don`t look like Pro bowl material, but I am smart enough to realize every QB that played in the 2016 PB was a replacement. 2015 22nd ranked passer with the best RB in the NFL. Enough said, good day sir!

13 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Have you seen him play? Though I'm sure TJ Green and Antonio Moreison are huge impact players and future Hall of Famers.

TJ Green has a chance to be impactful at corner or safety.

Morrison is a quick ILB who can cover. His character issue is garbage. He was very productive in college. Don't see any reason that should change in the Pros.  

2 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

TJ Green has a chance to be impactful at corner or safety.

Morrison is a quick ILB who can cover. His character issue is garbage. He was very productive in college. Don't see any reason that should change in the Pros.  

Both guys have issues, especially Morison, and were drafted earlier then they should have been. I was only pointing out to the poster I quoted that every fan is seeing past their new draftees flaws and thinking every player they got will be all-stars and are "steals". While simultaneously downplaying every othe team's draft. No one gets huge impact play out of every pick. We all know that that's never the case. 

34 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Both guys have issues, especially Morison, and were drafted earlier then they should have been. I was only pointing out to the poster I quoted that every fan is seeing past their new draftees flaws and thinking every player they got will be all-stars and are "steals". While simultaneously downplaying every othe team's draft. No one gets huge impact play out of every pick. We all know that that's never the case. 

I know most of us don't feel that way. Did you see our forum a few days ago? lol

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

I know most of us don't feel that way. Did you see our forum a few days ago? lol

Yeah, there were a few people who weren't all hyped up on every single pick. But if this was Reddit they would be down voted to negatives lol. Anyone who disagrees with a pick was called a Debbie Downer or Grigson hater. This isn't exclusive to Colts fans, of course. Just one of my observations during the draft days. 

2 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

I agree with everything except where you stated that both were drafted earlier than they should have been.  I'm not sure how anyone can know that.  Every year the draft is littered with players that should have been drafted either higher or lower.

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I agree with everything except where you stated that both were drafted earlier than they should have been.  I'm not sure how anyone can know that.  Every year the draft is littered with players that should have been drafted either higher or lower.

I was just going off of projections and each player's skill set compared to another at his position. For instance, like Supe mentioned earlier, Fuller being taken before Doctson, or Stanley before Tunsil, Hackenberg before Cook, etc. I know we won't know how these guys pan out yet, but we can base initial draft results off of the projections and rankings of each player I think. 

4 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

I was just going off of projections and each player's skill set compared to another at his position. For instance, like Supe mentioned earlier, Fuller being taken before Doctson, or Stanley before Tunsil, Hackenberg before Cook, etc. I know we won't know how these guys pan out yet, but we can base initial draft results off of the projections and rankings of each player I think. 

Just to clarify, I think Fuller might have been ranked higher than Doctson, depending on whose board you're looking at. It's just my personal opinion that Doctson > Fuller. Obviously the Texans disagreed. 

He does have a drop problem, though. That's not really opinion, anyone should be able to see that.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Just to clarify, I think Fuller might have been ranked higher than Doctson, depending on whose board you're looking at. It's just my personal opinion that Doctson > Fuller. Obviously the Texans disagreed. 

He does have a drop problem, though. That's not really opinion, anyone should be able to see that.

Those are the kiss of death and have to be resolved straight away.  If not, the QB looks to other receivers, and the OC game plans around the 'dropsy' receiver.  Then, eventually, that receiver is off the team.  NFL life.

12 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

I don't know about that, Q. Vikings fans were not happy about drafting Willie Beavers in the 4th. We don't believe we got a "steal" there. We would have preferred Billings or one of the many other O-linemen that were still available. We like our other picks. 

Do you like your draft selections?  Which one of the top wide receivers did you want?  You know I wanted Doctson but Treadwell looks like he will be a good fit in our offense.

7 hours ago, Superman said:

Yeah, I've seen the stats. But when the guy gets downfield and does manage to have the ball in his hands, look out. I think I can understand why the coaches had him as a better option for the team than the other receivers drafted after him. Now it's up to him to show that he deserved to be the one we drafted. 

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know about that, Q. Vikings fans were not happy about drafting Willie Beavers in the 4th. We don't believe we got a "steal" there. We would have preferred Billings or one of the many other O-linemen that were still available. We like our other picks. 

Do you like your draft selections?  Which one of the top wide receivers did you want?  You know I wanted Doctson but Treadwell looks like he will be a good fit in our offense.

Yeah I'm very surprised that Billings slid as far as he did. He got mad hype after the combine was over and I'm sure many expected him to be drafted early second round...at the latest. His slide was hard to see but I heard it was injury related. 

I'm actually pleased with this year's crop. I was hoping for Treadwell, but I was not upset at the Fuller pick. The coaches must believe they already have a future number two in Strong; Fuller is the guy they need to take the top off the defense. I think Treadwell will do just fine in Minnesota with Teddy and Diggs. 

18 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

I quoted that every fan is seeing past their new draftees flaws and thinking every player they got will be all-stars and are "steals". While simultaneously downplaying every othe team's draft. No one gets huge impact play out of every pick. We all know that that's never the case. 

I think most are optimistic the players drafted will be an upgrade in the roster. I think any flaws are pretty much listed and discussed in this forum. As far as downplaying other rosters you are dead wrong. I guess you haven't been in this forum much lately?

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think most are optimistic the players drafted will be an upgrade in the roster. I think any flaws are pretty much listed and discussed in this forum. As far as downplaying other rosters you are dead wrong. I guess you haven't been in this forum much lately?

I've been on this forum plenty. You should open your eyes and take a closer look. I'm sure you'll be able to find what I was referring too if you look hard enough.

10 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Yeah I'm very surprised that Billings slid as far as he did. He got mad hype after the combine was over and I'm sure many expected him to be drafted early second round...at the latest. His slide was hard to see but I heard it was injury related. 

I'm actually pleased with this year's crop. I was hoping for Treadwell, but I was not upset at the Fuller pick. The coaches must believe they already have a future number two in Strong; Fuller is the guy they need to take the top off the defense. I think Treadwell will do just fine in Minnesota with Teddy and Diggs. 

Billings slide wasn't because of a injury. It was because he can't rush the passer. He is a two down lineman.

The Ravens know how to draft is all you can say. Once again they appeared to get some great value in the 4th and 5th round. Early on they got Stanley and Correa. Both IMO are going to be stars. Then I love what they did in the 4th-5th with Dixon, Judon, Henry, and Moore. Too bad we didn't have a 4th and 5th round that looked like that. IMO Baltimore wins the draft.......Again. This is why they have backups like McPhee, Kruger, Ellerbe, etc getting big contracts to go start somewhere.