Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remember last Pre-Season.....

JPFolks

When we were watching that last Pre-Season game and noticed what we thought was the core of our interior Starting D Line still playing in the 4th quarter?  I have a feeling Harrison and Holmes and perhaps a couple others from last year's O-line will be playing at the end of the 5th pre season game just before we say bye bye to them (if they last THAT long).   Since I have been a Colts fan (30+ years), my 2 least favorite players of all time were Satele and Harrison.  I am so happy that we're about to exorcise that final demon.  As a college Center, I so loved Saturday and everything about the guy and equally despised Satele and Harrison for the insult to our tradition and our shared position.  I hope they don't even bring Harrison into camp but if so, I hope his final snap happens on the last offensive play in Pre-Season.  

4 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

When we were watching that last Pre-Season game and noticed what we thought was the core of our interior Starting D Line still playing in the 4th quarter?  I have a feeling Harrison and Holmes and perhaps a couple others from last year's O-line will be playing at the end of the 5th pre season game just before we say bye bye to them (if they last THAT long).   Since I have been a Colts fan (30+ years), my 2 least favorite players of all time were Satele and Harrison.  I am so happy that we're about to exorcise that final demon.  As a college Center, I so loved Saturday and everything about the guy and equally despised Satele and Harrison for the insult to our tradition and our shared position.  I hope they don't even bring Harrison into camp but if so, I hope his final snap happens on the last offensive play in Pre-Season.  

Harrison and Satele were disappointing.    Their play was not insulting.    They were still among the best in the world at what they do.   Just not good enough to be impacts at the NFL level

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Harrison and Satele were disappointing.    Their play was not insulting.    They were still among the best in the world at what they do.   Just not good enough to be impacts at the NFL level

Then I guess you feel the same about Trent Richardson.....

Oh wait... I forgot... this is just a continuation of your trolling.  :troll:

Just now, JPFolks said:

Then I guess you feel the same about Trent Richardson.....

Oh wait... I forgot... this is just a continuation of your trolling.  :troll:

I feel exactly the same about Richardson actually.    He just wasn't as good as teams thought he was.    He is still a better athlete than most people will ever meet 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I feel exactly the same about Richardson actually.    He just wasn't as good as teams thought he was.    He is still a better athlete than most people will ever meet 

Most Pro Golfers are better athletes than most people will ever meet.  Doesn't mean they'd be respectable Colts players.  

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

That makes zero sense.     

Right... when you said " He is still a better athlete than most people will ever meet" as if that meant ANYTHING at all in a relevant way to the discussion, I thought perhaps you needed to see how little being a "great athlete" of any kind has to do with being a respectable starting Center for the Indianapolis Colts.  It doesn't.    He earned zero respect as a starting Center. The fact he played in front of Shipley was insulting to the notion that the best player should play.  It was an insult to any sense of fairness or right and wrong or simply common sense.  

6 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Right... when you said " He is still a better athlete than most people will ever meet" as if that meant ANYTHING at all in a relevant way to the discussion, I thought perhaps you needed to see how little being a "great athlete" of any kind has to do with being a respectable starting Center for the Indianapolis Colts.  It doesn't.    He earned zero respect as a starting Center. The fact he played in front of Shipley was insulting to the notion that the best player should play.  It was an insult to any sense of fairness or right and wrong or simply common sense.  

You said it was insulting to you because you were a college center.

The players want to succeed far more than the fans want them to succeed

2 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Most Pro Golfers are better athletes than most people will ever meet.  Doesn't mean they'd be respectable Colts players.  

You must hang around a lot of unathletic people lol