colts draft C Austin Blythe

CR91

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bap03Colts said:

I feel like that was the ultimate troll from Grigson haha. What's that Colts fans? Protect 12? Well how about ONLY linemen

I think it's more like Irsay made it clear that they need to upgrade the offensive line during their end of season meetings.

Iowa fan here. If we hadn't already drafted Kelly, I'd say Blythe would be a good candidate to start for us at C. With Kelly though, I think he'll be our backup C. Holmes and Harrison better be worried, because with this pick I don't more than one of  them makes the final 53.

15 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

wow Grigson is playing no games in this years draft very impressed but will he make the roster? so many OL I'm starting to think people are going to start getting the boot! aka Harrison/Holmes

Competition is good

4 minutes ago, esmort said:

Didn't we already have the short armed Center ...this sounds like AQ Shipley part 2 ... I think Shipley actually had better pro day stats

He's basically Shipley. But believe it or no, Shipley is 30 years old and has no room to improve.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

He's basically Shipley. But believe it or no, Shipley is 30 years old and has no room to improve.

True .. but this guy could be even worse ... end of the 7th so not that big of deal ... just an observation we seemed to never really want Shipley than go draft his clone.

Just now, esmort said:

True .. but this guy could be even worse ... end of the 7th so not that big of deal ... just an observation we seemed to never really want Shipley than go draft his clone.

I agree with all of that. Just saying, maybe they wouldn't have been so noncommittal on Shipley if he wasn't topped out and almost 30 years old. Getting a younger version of him with some upside makes sense. And like you said, end of the day, it's a late 7th rounder. If he's a PS guy at best, oh well.