Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Joe Haeg, OL, North Dakota State

ColtsFanMikeC

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think Clark and Haeg were drafted for the ZBS.  There is a chance they beat out Good and Thornton, who were drafted under the old power scheme.  I wouldn't be surprised if we sign other ZBS OLs and Thornton and Good don't make the roster.

Highly unlikely. We still need depth 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Clark and Haeg are a year away honestly. Both will need that year in the training room and to get stronger. Maybe a spot start here or there and fill in but these guys will be groomed to take over. I will say rookie minicamp will be nice because they can all work together and get a lot of work in practicing together. They will need to get a jump on things. I like that we should be able to take OL off our needs list for awhile. Clearly defense will be a focus next couple years. Outside RB offense is stacked with young prospects.

Too many of you  complain about pass rush  I say 30% of it was the players 70% was that damn manusky and his sticking to the same scheme plan. We  have talent  just need to scheme for them Mathis will get his  we know this. The middle of the line WILL get pressure with Anderson Jones Langford...there's only one side which doesn't cause constant pressure which is the Sam spot.. Irving and Moore and Jackson are all good at blitzing  that's additional pass rush right there stop panicking there's literally only one spot that needs to be taken care of and its the Sam unless mathis gets hurt but even then if you scheme properly you can make it work

Just now, will426 said:

Too many of you  complain about pass rush  I say 30% of it was the players 70% was that damn manusky and his sticking to the same scheme plan. We  have talent  just need to scheme for them Mathis will get his  we know this. The middle of the line WILL get pressure with Anderson Jones Langford...there's only one side which doesn't cause constant pressure which is the Sam spot.. Irving and Moore and Jackson are all good at blitzing  that's additional pass rush right there stop panicking there's literally only one spot that needs to be taken care of and its the Sam unless mathis gets hurt but even then if you scheme properly you can make it work

There is definitely some truth in what you wrote and I have to agree somewhat. I still would have prefered Lawson over Kelly but I will cheer Kelly on and hope he becomes a perennial All Pro.

5 hours ago, will426 said:

There isn't much talent at pass rusher. I'm dumbfounded as to why anyone would say otherwise.