Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade off the rest of our picks?

Hoosierdome93

Our secondary is strong. Our OL has gotten the attention it has needed. We can pick up interior D from free agency. If there is one more really good OL man out there. Take him then trade off the rest of our picks for better picks next year. Go big on our interior D next year. What do you think?

Sure! Trading down means we can't trade those for great picks next year? We have done way stranger things in the past. I just believe we have plenty to work with this year. Why gamble with 4th or later picks when we can use what we have left to move up next year and go big on D

5 minutes ago, Hoosierdome93 said:

Lol.. I realize its a hard thing for fans to deal with, but those picks are more valuable now. When we pick an unproven player that value is gone. If there was a chance to trade them and get two first round picks for D next year wouldn't it be worth it?

no we get that.

What I dont think you're getting is that we still have holes on our team that we HAVE to fill, could we pick up some UDFA or FA that's still in, absolutely, but why do that when most of those FAs are gonna suck or be worse than what we could potentially get yet.  Keep in mind, Grigson normally finds at least one gem in Rounds 3 thru 7, sometimes even 2 gems, so lets keep our picks.

1 hour ago, Hoosierdome93 said:

Our secondary is strong. Our OL has gotten the attention it has needed. We can pick up interior D from free agency. If there is one more really good OL man out there. Take him then trade off the rest of our picks for better picks next year. Go big on our interior D next year. What do you think?

We need more talent.      We need more talent NOW.

Houston, Tennessee and Jacksonville are all getting much better.

Getting more picks next year is nice,  but they can't help us until next year or beyond.      That's not good.

We need to focus on building the roster NOW.

I defiantly realize we have needs.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

no we get that.

What I dont think you're getting is that we still have holes on our team that we HAVE to fill, could we pick up some UDFA or FA that's still in, absolutely, but why do that when most of those FAs are gonna suck or be worse than what we could potentially get yet.  Keep in mind, Grigson normally finds at least one gem in Rounds 3 thru 7, sometimes even 2 gems, so lets keep our picks.

I do realize we have needs. I'm thinking of the future. Our OL although better will be on a learning and bonding curve this year. Our secondary D is much improved and will be strong giving even a weak interior D a fighting chance. With Mathis and Cole healthy and a few good FA we should be fine there. Then next year Draft some great D guys with great 1st and 2nd round picks. Gems are great (if) found. Big picture

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Why?

I want to get Joe Schobert, Scooby Wright, Tyler Ervin, Ryan Smith, Dean Lowry, or so on.

Lots of good players still on the board and we are sitting pretty with 5 more picks. 

OP doesn't realize that good players actually comes out of the later rounds. 

4 hours ago, Hoosierdome93 said:

No, stockpile O-line and D-line depth

..take a shot at an edge rusher.....and with Andrew, you can never have too many WRs

3 hours ago, Hoosierdome93 said:

Lol.. I realize its a hard thing for fans to deal with, but those picks are more valuable now. When we pick an unproven player that value is gone. If there was a chance to trade them and get two first round picks for D next year wouldn't it be worth it?

Do you really think anyone would give us even one first rounder for those picks?  

Nah, I get it.  Good one though, you almost had me!

Sure! Trading down means we can't trade those for great picks next year? We have done way stranger things in the past. I just believe we have plenty to work with this year. Why gamble with 4th or later picks when we can use what we have left to move up next year and go big on D

Dear God...

3 hours ago, Hoosierdome93 said:

I defiantly realize we have needs.

I do realize we have needs. I'm thinking of the future. Our OL although better will be on a learning and bonding curve this year. Our secondary D is much improved and will be strong giving even a weak interior D a fighting chance. With Mathis and Cole healthy and a few good FA we should be fine there. Then next year Draft some great D guys with great 1st and 2nd round picks. Gems are great (if) found. Big picture

You are right, big picture. The big picture shows there are no teams going to give up 1st and 2nd round picks for what we have now. You can wake up from your dream now, haha

Terell Davis(6th), Donald Driver(7th), Shannon Sharpe(7th) - All Late round picks that were guys at the bottom of the draft.  We have 2 forth round picks.  Gems can be found ANYWHERE.  No need to give up until day 3 is over and our picks are gone:

2016 Mid-Late Round Talents

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/4/16/11442430/2016-nfl-draft-top-10-late-round-prospects-big-board

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Only you would say that about receivers.

You know me. There's 2 kinds of offensive plays

Passing plays and plays that set up passing plays.!

Seriously. Its the truth.

WTs a take a beating. You need a lot of 'em

backups WRs can play on all special teams and run back kicks.

Backup linemen and linebackers cant do all those things.

We play indoors. We have the need for speed

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You know me. There's 2 kinds of offensive plays

Passing plays and plays that set up passing plays.!

Seriously. Its the truth.

WTs a take a beating. You need a lot of 'em

backups WRs can play on all special teams and run back kicks.

Backup linemen and linebackers cant do all those things.

We play indoors. We have the need for speed

While I know it's a typo I'd translated this in my head as Wide Tackles and enjoyed a glorious mental image of Castonzo splitting out wide on a trick play.