Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Day 3, rounds 4-7 of draft

If this needs to be a sticky for Day 3, I have no issues.

What are some wish-list prospects for Day 3?

Rounds 4-5 - - - - -

Andrew Billings (who knows how/why he slipped so much)

Jordan Howard (21 year old RB, 6'0'' and 230 lbs, 4.59 40) - has been compared to Arian Foster

Scooby Wright (ILB/OLB) - has been compared with Zach Thomas

Jerell Adams  (TE) - a combination of Jerrell Freeman and Mike Adams

Nick Kwiatowski (ILB)

Joshua Perry (ILB/OLB)

DeVondre Campbell (OLB) - poor man's Leonard Floyd.

Round 7 - - - - -

Alex McCallister (OLB) - poor man's Leonard Floyd.

Antonio Morrison (ILB)

Ian Seau (ILB/OLB) - round 7

I like TE Jerell Adams ;

LB Travis Feeny

ILB  Tyler Matakevich

OLB Jatavis Brown (small but pure speed< maybe 6,or7)

RB Keith Marshall

DT Billings

WR DeRunna Wilson

WR Devon Cajuste

Let me give you guys a name I like as a sleeper in round 7. Trevor Bates, University of Maine. Lower level of play, but he had 57 tackles, 14.5 for a loss, 7.5 sacks this year. He had pretty good marks at his pro day at 6-1/245, ran a 6.75 3 cone drill which is tremendous. 

10 minutes ago, Traines said:

Jonathan Williams at 116, Jerell Adams at 125 

The Colts have made 3 draft picks so far.      2 out of the 3 are on offense.

You've just suggested we use both of our 4th round picks on offense.     That would make 4 of 5.

The defense is getting ignored.....   again.      That's not good.

If the Colts find a way to land NT Andrew Billings, LB Scooby Wright and either RB DaVontae Booker or Jordan Howard...I'll be one happy fan.

If we can somehow turn our two 4s and our 5 into these three guys, even if we have to part with some mid-round picks next year, let's do it. We should get a rd 3 comp pick for Fleener to make up for it.

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts have made 3 draft picks so far.      2 out of the 3 are on offense.

You've just suggested we use both of our 4th round picks on offense.     That would make 4 of 5.

The defense is getting ignored.....   again.      That's not good.

Just having fun, it's late here...I'm fine with the last 5 picks being defense if that's the way it falls 

I would look carefully at Billings and  consider moving up for him. I did not hear anything about a knee til today. I agree with NCF stop ignoring the D. 

We really need to get at least 2 of the next 3 go to the D. The OL appears to be in good shape. Clark was a good value pick can't complain I did like Jenkins who went the pick after us. 

The only player I would look at on O in the 4th is Booker.  I would have a hard time watching him go by. I reallly like  Burbridge WR from MSU. I don't think he is there in the 7th. 

I agree go D but I could honestly see them taking another ol man if the right one fell still a few good guards available. Would like billings even if isnt going to be a 3 down lineman be good rotaional with Parry. Scooby may be promising not sure how everyone feels about Alex Collins but may be an option. Few others I have heard sound promising.

I think there is a strong possibility the Colts take a RB in the 4th. Anyone care to answer who fits best in a ZBS. Also, Joe Schobert OLB might be good value.

One of the nation’s most productive players the last two seasons, Schobert may be viewed as a traditional linebacker at the next level, but he should be given a chance to rush the passer where he led the nation in pass-rush productivity each of the last two seasons.  

If we traded a future third to get into the beginning of the fourth and grabbed billings and then a top rb left id like to see us grab Victor ochi and Alex mccalister with the next two picks. We have the 30+ year old olbs and nothing else. We need someone to groom under mathis. 

8 hours ago, MrNLM said:

One name I am not seeing here is Alex Collins, Arkansas RB, in the 4th. Our current RB coach is his former RB coach. Just connecting the dots. What do you think about Collins, because I have no Intel.

I really really like Alex Collins. I'm actually surprised he wasn't taken in the tail end of the 2nd to mid 3rd

I don't see any reason to draft another OL or secondary.  Possibly a RB with one pick and maybe a TE, probably later.  It looks like at least 3 defensive front 7 picks coming today.  Wouldn't surprise if both 4th rounders are LBs.

33 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't see any reason to draft another OL or secondary.  Possibly a RB with one pick and maybe a TE, probably later.  It looks like at least 3 defensive front 7 picks coming today.  Wouldn't surprise if both 4th rounders are LBs.

Perry or Kwiatkoski round 4. Maybe Ridgeway or Billings in the 4th too.

10 hours ago, akcolt said:

I would look carefully at Billings and  consider moving up for him. I did not hear anything about a knee til today. I agree with NCF stop ignoring the D. 

We really need to get at least 2 of the next 3 go to the D. The OL appears to be in good shape. Clark was a good value pick can't complain I did like Jenkins who went the pick after us. 

The only player I would look at on O in the 4th is Booker.  I would have a hard time watching him go by. I reallly like  Burbridge WR from MSU. I don't think he is there in the 7th. 

I wonder if Cleveland would accept picks 116 and 155 for either 99 or 100? If we traded up for Billings, we would still have the Packers 4th round pick at 125 and then 2 7th rounders. That could be worth it for us, Billings is exceptionally powerful. 

12 hours ago, MasterCrief said:

Billings, Ochi, Ridgeway, and Judon are all guys I'd like to see us take. There are probably other guys that I'm not thinking of, too.

These are the same four guys that came to my mind... Obviously it's a crap-shoot (predicting picks) and we don't have all the info, but I liked Billings in the 1st, Ridgeway in the 2nd or 3rd, Ochi and Judon were both guys that i've mocked to us in the 4th on other sites...

I trust the FO to make good mid/late-round picks... they have a very nice track record. True BPA becomes the mantra in the later rounds because you won't usually expect to find players that can just step in and solidify a position. I can't get mad about any day 3 picks, regardless of position or scouting report...