Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what happy to billings?

8 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Should we consider trading a pick from next year to move up to the top of round 4 and get him?

If so, what would it take?

Well we do have 2 fourths, so if we did want him, I'd offer a 4th, and our 5th, maybe our second 7th but I'm not sure we want him

10 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

How would he fare in our 3-4 as a 2 gap DE?   Not much else fits...

Well, as of now we don't really know if they'll be 1 gapping or 2 gapping.  Last year it was far more 1 gapping and the only real change in the DL in the offseason was the drafting of Ridgeway so I would think that they'll be more inclined to play more 1 gap as they did last year.

5 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Well, as of now we don't really know if they'll be 1 gapping or 2 gapping.  Last year it was far more 1 gapping and the only real change in the DL in the offseason was the drafting of Ridgeway so I would think that they'll be more inclined to play more 1 gap as they did last year.

Thought the same, don't see Billings as a 1 gap player...  maybe I'm wrong but...

45 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Thought the same, don't see Billings as a 1 gap player...  maybe I'm wrong but...

For what it's worth, I agree. He's a classic 2 gapper, not a lot of movement ability. I'm not that big of a fan. I was surprised he fell so far, after so much first round buzz, but I didn't think he warranted a first round pick either.

I thought  Billings moved well enough to be a mid to late 1st rounder. I was surprised at how much I kept reading and hearing about Reed being a 1st round talent. I never saw him more than a 2 gapper with little to no pass rush. I actually thought he would have slid a bit more