Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official tradeback colts 2nd round

12isthenew18

If you go by the value chart the 9 spots are worth 90 points. The 27th pick in round 4 is valued at 45 points. The late 7th rounder is about 4-5 points or a cheeseburger  and fries. So IMO , it's not much as Keefer says above.

I think probably as much frustration that all the edge rushers went off the board. I would have rather seen them trade up but maybe the price was steep. 

27 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

The Bears dropped several spots and only got a 4th :)

There must be several players the Colts want

I just looked and the Bear trade looks better to me. They received two 4ths , although one was in 2017. But not that much better I guess. It's pretty much what the market is I guess. 

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You cant knock moving down 9 spots in Round 2...and getting 2 extra late picks

It was Round 2.

They should have stayed where they were.  The 7th rounder is pretty much an handcrafted FA.  We have holes to fill now.

But it was a 2nd round pick.  Still very good.

what if we have the next

Trumaine Johnson on our hands in T.J green...Both are 6'2 to 6'3 210 pound but T.J green is faster plus we got Chuck Pagano to help this Kid out.......Hold out for hope it might be well worth it in the long run......

1 hour ago, jimmy g said:

Cody Whitehair went one spot before them now. To the Bears

Yeah, I was thinking "wow, we're going to get Whitehair" before they traded.  Ah well.  Perhaps this Tackle they drafted will prove to be great and we'll pick up at least a role player.  But I will say our draft so far has positive potential.  I think the positions picked are correct.  

4 hours ago, Myles said:

They should have stayed where they were.  The 7th rounder is pretty much an handcrafted FA.  We have holes to fill now.

But it was a 2nd round pick.  Still very good.

Maybe there is another 'Denzelle Good" they are looking at to draft rather than fight for in FA?  I for one am glad they went that way with Good last year.......

15 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Maybe there is another 'Denzelle Good" they are looking at to draft rather than fight for in FA?  I for one am glad they went that way with Good last year.......

Well, it appears they wasted the 4th we got so hopefully you're right and the 7th will help us.  That ILB we picked in the 4th is getting ripped by everyone I have heard in the media as a terribly limited one dimensional player with no agility.  

5 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Well, it appears they wasted the 4th we got so hopefully you're right and the 7th will help us.  That ILB we picked in the 4th is getting ripped by everyone I have heard in the media as a terribly limited one dimensional player with no agility.  

Apparently he had an injury that limited his agility so hopefully he improves there. I'm not in love with the pick but I am willing to give him a shot. I definitely like that he is a thumper. 

Just now, BlueCollarColts said:

Apparently he had an injury that limited his agility so hopefully he improves there. I'm not in love with the pick but I am willing to give him a shot. 

Well, it isn't like we have a choice.. but they were saying he had terrible lateral agility BEFORE being injured and it only got worse.... ah well... perhaps we'll get 3 starters and a couple of talented STers That would be a good draft. 

1 minute ago, JPFolks said:

Well, it isn't like we have a choice.. but they were saying he had terrible lateral agility BEFORE being injured and it only got worse.... ah well... perhaps we'll get 3 starters and a couple of talented STers That would be a good draft. 

Well sure, he doesn't have great lateral agility but a 2 down run stuffing ILB wouldn't be a bad get in the 4th round.