Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaguars look scary for the future

BProland85

The Jags will be a good team this year. They potentially have a crap load of young really good to superstar caliber players on Defense in Ramsey, Jack, Fowler, Day, Ngakoue, Malik Jackson, Telvin Smith, etc. Plus guys like Posluszny, Marks, Odrick, Gibson, Amukamara, Cyprien, etc. I mean they could potentially have a top tier, monster defense for the next 5-6 years. I see them going around 9-7 this year and maybe challenging for a WC spot. But here's the thing. We'll still be the alpha dog and the reason is simple. We have Andrew Luck and the Jags, Texans, and Titans don't have Andrew Luck. I'm very upset we didn't do anything to improve our defense for this coming season, but our offense might just be the number 1 offense in the NFL now that we finally have an O-Line. Kelly is going to be a stud, top 5 Center from day 1. And Between Thornton, Reitz, Good, Haeg, and Clark RG and RT should be set. Thornton may very well be one of the top breakout players of 16/17. So we're about to see Luck play behind what should be a top 10 offensive line. Also Luck is truly entering his prime, and he's got tons of talent around him on offense. Gore and probably Ferguson at RB will give us a good run game, but with Moncrief, Hilton, Dorsett, and Allen, Luck has tons of weapons. In all seriousness. We could be looking at the best offense in the NFL. At least top 3 IMO. The big key for us is the defense, and more specifically the pass rush. I'm furious we didn't do anything to fix it, but if Mathis has another monster season we could be true SB contenders. But I mean Mathis needs to put up 12 plus sacks.

On May 1, 2016 at 0:14 AM, ReMeDy said:

I don't care if Jacksonville drafts Jesus Christ, unless Jesus can coach, they're screwed.

I can't lie RMDY. This line did make me roll on the floor with laughter. 

Uh huh. INDY had clip board Jesus last yr with Charlie Whitehurst & we never reached the Promiseland either. 

The long hair a messiah does not make does it? Touche. Preach my brother. 

71o4GwN.jpg

1 hour ago, Superman said:

That's not true.

Patrick Robinson and that's it Supe. Robinson is a much better corner than Toler. That's true. But other than that we let Freeman walk and didn't replace him, didn't add any impact free agent on the defensive side of the ball, and in the draft we got a project safety in round 2. Now I love Ridgeway. I think he'll be a really good player, but in his 1st season he'll most likely be a rotational guy. We literally did nothing to improve our pass rush worst of all.

11 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Patrick Robinson and that's it Supe. Robinson is a much better corner than Toler. That's true. But other than that we let Freeman walk and didn't replace him, didn't add any impact free agent on the defensive side of the ball, and in the draft we got a project safety in round 2. Now I love Ridgeway. I think he'll be a really good player, but in his 1st season he'll most likely be a rotational guy. We literally did nothing to improve our pass rush worst of all.

I thought we had a Good Draft. Kelly, Green, and Ridgeway were all potentially Great picks. Robinson will be way better than Toler and at least we did re-sign Adam and kept Allen. Having a Great kicker is big in this league. That alone could be the difference between 8-8 or 10-6. I can see a few games coming down to a FG. Mathis eventhough a year older should be better because he will be 100% healthy. I am pretty sure in next years Draft Grigs will go after some Pass Rushers.

I see the whole AFC South improving greatly.

I like all the moves our division rivals made.     I thin the days of the Colts cake walking over the division 6-0 are over.     Houston,  J'Ville and Tennessee should all be much improved.       I wouldn't be surprised if each of the 4 division teams go 3-3 in conference.

And I don't see any team winning 11 games as the Colts did in '12, '13, and '14.     Not even the Colts.

I think 10 wins takes the division.     Tough times ahead....

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I like all the moves our division rivals made.     I thin the days of the Colts cake walking over the division 6-0 are over.     Houston,  J'Ville and Tennessee should all be much improved.       I wouldn't be surprised if each of the 4 division teams go 3-3 in conference.

And I don't see any team winning 11 games as the Colts did in '12, '13, and '14.     Not even the Colts.

AGREE! No more cake walks, probably a good thing. In the past we ran into a "good" team and got humbled.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

If 10-6 wins the division, I hope one of the Steelers or Patriots either do not end up at #1 or #2 or we play the Bengals in the divisional round :) 

My dream scenario would be for the Steelers and Patriots to duke it out in the divisional round and us having to face just one of them.

The Jags, who I still wouldn't bet on, will be the Colt's biggest threat. The Texans are always talented but they have complete fool for a coach...a whiny, crybaby dunce. He's basically a Harbaugh minus football knowledge. The Titans are in disarray behind the scenes. It's becoming Cleveland all the way down to the town itself. It just doesn't fit into the NFL and most people there hate it. The Colts need Andrew f'n Luck...period...imo.

20 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

The Jags, who I still wouldn't bet on, will be the Colt's biggest threat. The Texans are always talented but they have complete fool for a coach...a whiny, crybaby dunce. He's basically a Harbaugh minus football knowledge. The Titans are in disarray behind the scenes. It's becoming Cleveland all the way down to the town itself. It just doesn't fit into the NFL and most people there hate it. The Colts need Andrew f'n Luck...period...imo.

Never mind the rest of your post.......how do you equate Nashville with Cleveland?

Well, to be fair, when you've had that many years of that high of draft picks, you should eventually stockpile a lot of quality players.  I agree on paper they have the most talented team in our division, yet I don't expect them to win the division (even though they should compared to our lineup even with Luck).  

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:00 PM, BOTT said:

Never mind the rest of your post.......how do you equate Nashville with Cleveland?

I think he means as a football town....because I know he doesn't mean as a city itself. I visit Nashville at least once a month and it is MUCH nicer than Cleveland. I think he is referring to their sports history...while not nearly as long or storied they haven't won anything. While they do have the music city miracle they also have losing the SB by a yard. Nashville definitely doesn't get too worked up over its sports. The Predators are pretty good but the Titans haven't give the city much to get excited about. Honestly it's like Indy...if you give the city something to root for they will come out and support....the Titans have had almost two decades of 500 or worse football and just haven't had a reason to support them. Cleveland has more die hards but yeah...Nashville just isn't a big sport town...to much music and other things to distract people.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I think he means as a football town....because I know he doesn't mean as a city itself. I visit Nashville at least once a month and it is MUCH nicer than Cleveland. I think he is referring to their sports history...while not nearly as long or storied they haven't won anything. While they do have the music city miracle they also have losing the SB by a yard. Nashville definitely doesn't get too worked up over its sports. The Predators are pretty good but the Titans haven't give the city much to get excited about. Honestly it's like Indy...if you give the city something to root for they will come out and support....the Titans have had almost two decades of 500 or worse football and just haven't had a reason to support them. Cleveland has more die hards but yeah...Nashville just isn't a big sport town...to much music and other things to distract people.

Ok, I misunderstood.  Nashville is a good time.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 1:29 PM, BloodyChamp said:

And it's ran by *s.

Yeah...when Bud Adams died it has left the team in a state of upheaval. I'm not sure any of his kids are up real good on the industry. I believe it will be one of those teams that get sold in the not so distant future. I also think it would be a team that Peyton would be interested in investing in considering his ties to the state already in Knoxville and Memphis.

On May 9, 2016 at 10:41 AM, dgambill said:

Yeah...when Bud Adams died it has left the team in a state of upheaval. I'm not sure any of his kids are up real good on the industry. I believe it will be one of those teams that get sold in the not so distant future. I also think it would be a team that Peyton would be interested in investing in considering his ties to the state already in Knoxville and Memphis.

Yeah, or becoming an executive of some sort there. He and Irsay would get to say hi to each other at least twice a year lol. Or maybe he'll want to go back to the university of Tennessee in some capacity instead.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:18 PM, BloodyChamp said:

I think the Jags and Texans both are capable of going 9-7, maybe 10-6?? Colts will need 10 wins to win the Division and own the tiebreakers to be safe. Titans may hover around .500. It should be a competitive Division.

I like how some people are sooooooo willing to act like all these players the Jags picked up are gonna come right out the gates and be studs for them and all the sudden the Jags are gonna be world beaters this year. Okay, yes ON PAPER they definitely are looking good and I do believe will be an improved team. I think our whole division could improve at least a notch. Buts it's all faaaaaarrrr from a guarantee at this point. All that talent has to come in and perform on the field for Jacksonville and thier coaches have to be able to put it all together and get everyone on the same page. And that can be alot easier said than done with as many young talented guys as they will be relying on to have an impact. And Myles Jack is still a question mark with their still being the possibility of him having to have a knee surgery eventually.

And it seems at the same time people don't wanna recognize the fact that Colts also have the ability to improve and get better. It's not just Jacksonville and the other teams in our Division. Adding Ryan Kelly alone to this O Line I think could make a big difference in and of itself. If we can keep Luck upright and he's got time to throw and Gore gets holes to run through, then this offense can take off. Not to mention we have a good O line coach now and a competent offensive coordinator who's coordinated some impressive offenses in the past. And that could have a big effect on our defense that I don't think alot of people are paying attention to. I've mentioned it numerous times. If our offense is scoring points and is able to sustain drives on the field then that is gonna give opposing teams offenses less possessions and time to score on and wear our defense down like happened alot last year. With how we were going 3@out last year and turning the ball over in our own zone for the first 60% of the season we were giving teams lots of extra offensive possessions time to score and rack up yards. And we were basically leaving it all on the defense which was only an average defense. And honestly our defense did keep us in a number of games for a while and gave us chances a number times. Our offense was just completely incompetent after about 30 seconds on the field...boom it was the defense right back on the field again. And our defense was in this situation for at least 10 games or so last season. Just constantly on the field.

But just think if thats not the case this year and our defense isn't on the field for 70% of games how our numbers and performance could improve just off of that. Not to mention if the defense itself actually takes a step forward and gets better itself. I don't think our defense is gonna be that bad if the offense holds up to its part. I think we will be at least an alright defense that will be able to hold its own. BUT if the offense is anything like it was last year then you can most likely expect us to look horrible defensivley because we are not gonna be anything close to a Seattle D of 2 years ago and we'll constantly be the field again.

Now with saying all of that about the defense I'm not ignoring the fact our D has holes mainly at pass rush. We're not gonna have a defense that carry us through games and be able to take over and win games for us. I got that. And that's really what I'm getting at in everything I've said regarding our D. Last year they were basically put in that position for at least 10 games, expected to carry and win games for us. But if the load gets evened out and each side pulls thier weight then I think we'll look alright on both sides of the ball. Possibly pretty dang good on offense. All in all the with what I've mentioned I think the COLTS have the potential to improve just as much if not more  than Jacksonville or any of the other teams in our division with just the things I've discussed here. And that's not even mentioning having Luck back and a fully healthy Robert Mathis who was coming on at the end of last season plus getting Henry Anderson back. It's not just all about the other teams like Jacksonville. 

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:34 PM, QwizBoy said:

Yeah, or becoming an executive of some sort there. He and Irsay would get to say hi to each other at least twice a year lol. Or maybe he'll want to go back to the university of Tennessee in some capacity instead.

Honestly for my own selfish reasons I'd love for him to be a broadcaster for the Colts games....heck any games. To have someone do the play by play and let Peyton do the analysis of whats going on down on the field....basically be the Madden to someone's Summerall. Drawing on the monitor breaking down the defense and what the offense is doing....not only that I think he has enough humor in him he could also be entertaining as well. Alas I doubt that happens but that's my hope anyways.

I'm not worried about how the Jaguars will be looking in the Future.  I'm excited about how we will look in the future to be honest.  Both offensive and defensive lines are looking good, we're solid at the WR spots for the most part.  Of course the QB ain't too shabby.  Safety spots appear to be taken care of or at least improved, secondary has some youth now and a good mix of experience.  All we really need to do now is add the pass rushers and a young running back or two, maybe another piece or two in the secondary.  We'll probably have about 8-10  picks in next years draft and we are going to have some FA money left over too so I'm excited about where we are headed. 

To hell with the Jaguars!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Honestly for my own selfish reasons I'd love for him to be a broadcaster for the Colts games....heck any games. To have someone do the play by play and let Peyton do the analysis of whats going on down on the field....basically be the Madden to someone's Summerall. Drawing on the monitor breaking down the defense and what the offense is doing....not only that I think he has enough humor in him he could also be entertaining as well. Alas I doubt that happens but that's my hope anyways.

I saw something on NFL.com saying that he's had his fill for now. I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if he became an analyst on tv sometime down the road. 

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:04 PM, QwizBoy said:

I saw something on NFL.com saying that he's had his fill for now. I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if he became an analyst on tv sometime down the road. 

The only thing is I think he wants to be close to his family and to be a commentator you'd have to be gone every weekend and sometimes do interviews etc several days in advance...however it would only be for about 5 months of the year but I just seeing him doing something like his dad....dabbling here and there and probably owning a few more businesses and maybe going into some ownership group someday.

That all said I would love to pick his brain and try to see the game through his eyes...I think it would enlightening. I'm not here to say he's the smartest guy in the NFL or anything but clearly he could see the game much much different than most qbs...if he had a little more athleticism or arm talent etc he might have even been more deadly out there. I think clearly the only thing that held him back most of the time was just having the arm strength to get the ball where he wanted to put it at times.