Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaguars look scary for the future

BProland85

They now have Myles Jack, Jalen Ramsey, Malik Jackson, and Dante Fowler Jr. as young cornerstones on defense. They have Bortles, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, and TJ Yeldon as their main pieces on offense. Their looking good for the future and could be competing for division titles soon.

Well we SHOULD be most worried at times about the Jags in the division. They almost swept us last year and have a history of showing up harder then anyone to play us every year. They are making some good moves like the original post says. The Jags have beaten us in Indy before fair and square and it took a disaster at our QB situation for Houston to win here.

Problem is.....they never put together consistent winning streaks. Just last year they had something going for a while and I think they blew a game to the Chargers. They sometimes look like they have it going on and might not be able to finish higher then 8 or 9 wins.

I am not worried at all about the Titans. Houston I am kinda 50/50 over since something tells me Brock (as much as I do like his potential) might not work out as well as imagined. The Texans used to go for the Brady backup thing and now they are trying the Manning version lol.

5 minutes ago, DooMxxCReWxxINC said:

Jaguars gonna own us and the south. We have 1 impact defensive player and thats Vontae...

We are making the right moves (so far) too. We drafted a center and SHOULD work on o line IMO first since if we don't keep Luck in one piece and healthy we won't compete for a thing. But, with Luck we can win the division again.

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

And Chance Warmack, Brian Schwenke, and Andy Levitre were going make the Titans a dominant running team. We shall see.

EXACTLY!!! You can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't put it all together on the field...it don't mean a thing. Jags definitely are starting to look really good on paper. Now well see if it translates to the field.

20 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

EXACTLY!!! You can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't put it all together on the field...it don't mean a thing. Jags definitely are starting to look really good on paper. Now well see if it translates to the field.

Isnt there coach the same guy who coached up maybe the best defense of all time .

Every year different teams win the draft on paper. It`s how those players produce on the field, to fairly evaluate a teams draft. I put zero stock in a team`s paper draft and I don`t get bent out of shape with the Colts players drafted until they hit the field.

23 minutes ago, jim scheurich said:

Yep, jags are stacked on defense, and titans are going to be way better also. I think colts are going to have their hands full for awhile.

Not sure I would call the jags stacked. Lot of good players, but no proven studs.....or game wreckers as some say.

Honestly, this i why I really like what Grigs has done in this draft, with our weakness being OL, hes addressing it while our rivals address D to counter our O.  I think it'll make the games tougher, but I still see us competing for the division win as long as luck is healthy.  If our OL can just get from bottom of the barrel to league average, with Luck, TY, Moncrief, Dorsett, and if Gore can run behind said line, I think we'll be just fine.  Gotta win the trenches first.  If we've seen anything over the last 4 years, thats it

If there is an upside the obvious improvement in the other AFC South teams it is no more cake walks for the Colts. If Griggs as well a the entire thinking of the organization then does not keep up with the competition then the obvious will fall on their heads and the playoffs will be nothing more than something the Colts players watch on TV. 

32 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Not sure I would call the jags stacked. Lot of good players, but no proven studs.....or game wreckers as some say.

Maybe not proven studs yet, but putting a better D together with youth. What do we have? 35 Mathis and 33 bust Cole.

16 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

Give it time.  It's Jacksonville.

They may have so talent.  What will they do with it?  

In addition, last year isn't an indication.  We were on our 5th QB.  

Jacksonville often wins the offseason....

..and you are right...with 5 different QBs.....who finished ahead of who last season/

2 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Maybe not proven studs yet, but putting a better D together with youth. What do we have? 35 Mathis and 33 bust Cole.

Definitely need to revamp the entire LB corps over the next couple years. That being said, the D Line and secondary both have some nice young talent.

11 hours ago, 12to13 said:

I can't stand how they got both Ramsey and Jack. I knew Dallas would pull a Dallas and pick the RB. Lolll.

Jack is going to be great imo.

Till he needs microfracture

12 hours ago, 12to13 said:

I can't stand how they got both Ramsey and Jack. I knew Dallas would pull a Dallas and pick the RB. Lolll.

Jack is going to be great imo.

Will he make it out of his rookie contract still being great?  That remains to be seen...

I'm not buying it yet. To look at the reason why, let's look at the Pats. The reason why the Pats are so successful is COACHING. They can take pieces of % and turn them into gold. Here we have Jackonsville with players who are gold and they're turning them to %. I don't care if Jacksonville drafts Jesus Christ, unless Jesus can coach, they're screwed.

3 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I'm not buying it yet. To look at the reason why, let's look at the Pats. The reason why the Pats are so successful is COACHING. They can take pieces of % and turn them into gold. Here we have Jackonsville with players who are gold and they're turning them to %. I don't care if Jacksonville drafts Jesus Christ, unless Jesus can coach, they're screwed.

More or less agree, but as Colts fans you should know as well as anyone it's deeper than coaching. You haven't had "decent" coaching since Arians left. Yet you still finish better than the Titans & Jags.

It's like an expectation or something. You're the Colts the standard has been set by Dungy & Peyton pretty high & your players come in with the expectations of playing up to that level. 

Of course, getting to the AFCCG helps maintaining that standard just like winning 10 games a year. But Chucks not a good coach & he's not going to be able to keep it up much longer. 

The Jaguars are bringing in talented players that expect to win, but how many losing seasons can a rookie endure before looking towards FA? How long before your veterans check out & just go through the motions? 

I'm not counting the Jaguars out, but like you say, let's see them do something first before we crown them.

5 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

No.  BB is great, but the reason they are successful is they have n elite QB.

and what pieces of % do they turn into gold?

This topic is made every summer on this forum. 

There are 2 types of losing teams...the teams that forget how to play football against the usual division winner no matter how good they are (Vikings, Chiefs, etc) and the ones that forget how to play football against almost everybody else. That's the Jags (Jets are another example). It's cool and all watching them almost win the big games but then what...they still lose. 

On 5/1/2016 at 3:35 AM, BOTT said:

No.  BB is great, but the reason they are successful is they have n elite QB.

and what pieces of % do they turn into gold?

Have to give them credit for Welker and Edelman, both of whom were/are much better than anyone expected. Spikes wound up having a good season out of nowhere.

But this idea that whatever the Pats touch turns to gold is waaaay overblown. Their OL is just as bad as the Colts, they have basically no receivers... even Malcolm Butler is overrated on the basis of one play -- admittedly one of the biggest plays ever, but still, just one play.

The division is definitely tightening up. The Jags look good on paper, the Titans look better than they did. I think the AFC south division as a whole will win a lot more games in '16. Last year the division won 25 games total, this year I think we get at least 33.