Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF draft grades for the 1st round

Gavin

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/28/draft-2016-nfl-draft-pick-by-pick-grades-and-analysis-of-round-1-2/

Here is PFF'S draft grades for the 1st round

The cowboys grade of a C+ is a bit surprising

I must confess,  the more I read PFF,  the less impressed I am.

The Cowboys C+ looks downright ridiculous.     There was almost no one who didn't think Elliott was a top 6-7 type of player.   

Kiper is a guy who thinks no running back should be drafted in the first round and even HE LIKES the Elliott to the Cowboys.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Cowboys C+ looks downright ridiculous.     There was almost no one who didn't think Elliott was a top 6-7 type of player.   

Kiper is a guy who thinks no running back should be drafted in the first round and even HE LIKES the Elliott to the Cowboys.

He specifically mentioned Elliot stood out to him of being great last night based on his espn insider article. We were one of the 3 great picks he actually went into detail on liking a lot. Gave us credit where credit was due.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:
53 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think they are over-rating these QB's.

You can see where I wrote in the Goff/Wentz thread. 14 QBs received Heisman votes last year, and these two were not part of that 14. Every 1-2 QB from Manning/Leaf, Crouch/McNabb, Luck/RG3, Mariota/Winston were all winners or finalists (McNabb being the lowest with 5th place). Plus the fact these two teams traded truckloads to get to the top. A's? Really?

Jones explained this thinking this way.....

When they had Murray,  the offense worked so well,  that the defense was on the field for 12 fewer plays per game.      That's what they hope to achieve again by taking Elliott.     There is some method to their madness.

And Ramsey is not as clean as some here would have you believe.....

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

A legit reason I think though was given for the grade not being higher. Keep in mind they are grading the pick and NOT the player. They had Ramsey higher than Elliot on there final Big Board

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

They also mention Kelly is a great fit for our power running scheme... shame the pick's a season too late then.

We will still run a significant amount of power I'm sure but mix in more zone and gap schemes

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't agree with everything they come out with but as much time as they put into grading and who they have backing there grades up I give them the benefit of the doubt often and think they are pretty accurate https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Not sure if your familiar with the entire grading process so the link is above

Its not a perfect process (and they admit that) but I tend to think they are the best out there right now....19 NFL teams subscribe to the grades I believe

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Jones explained this thinking this way.....

When they had Murray,  the offense worked so well,  that the defense was on the field for 12 fewer plays per game.      That's what they hope to achieve again by taking Elliott.     There is some method to their madness.

And Ramsey is not as clean as some here would have you believe.....

Murray is nothing special and yet they turned him into the league MVP.  Spending the 4th overall on a RB is insane IMO.  If they ride him the did Murray he will probably be shot in 4 years.