Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Letter's Commercial Tonight.

Gramz

Appears Gatorade is going to honor Peyton with a commercial during the draft. Just a small recounting of different individuals that Peyton has wrote letters to. We have discussed these letters many times before on here so it isn't new to anyone but it was nice that Gatorade is honoring something about Peyton off the field as opposed to on it. Perhaps some draftees will see that you can have as big a legacy off the field as on it if you do things the right way. Link below.

There's going to be a very rare 2 minute commercial tonight.     I assume it'll be on both ESPN and NFL Network.

It's about the letters that he has sent to special people in his life,  and how much those letters have meant to so many people.

If Peyton means anything to you at all --- look for the commercial.

BUT.....

If you can't see it,  or you miss it.....   here it is NOW....

Click on the link and scroll to number 11.     By the way,  the short video that follows that is all about Peyton's letter to Chris Mortensen after it was revealed that he has cancer.

That's worth watching too!     Enjoy!!     :thmup:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/28/nfl-draft-peter-king-mmqb-10-things-im-hearing

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Appears Gatorade is going to honor Peyton with a commercial during the draft. Just a small recounting of different individuals that Peyton has wrote letters to. We have discussed these letters many times before on here so it isn't new to anyone but it was nice that Gatorade is honoring something about Peyton off the field as opposed to on it. Perhaps some draftees will see that you can have as big a legacy off the field as on it if you do things the right way. Link below.

Darn you, DG!!      I just posted this in the draft section.     You beat me by a few minutes!

I didn't see your post until later.....

I love, Love, LOVE,  LOVE  this piece!    Just great!     :thmup:

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Darn you, DG!!      I just posted this in the draft section.     You beat me by a few minutes!

I didn't see your post until later.....

I love, Love, LOVE,  LOVE  this piece!    Just great!     :thmup:

It's all good...probably get more views there! One of my favorite things about Peyton...just a classy way to do it in a world full of twitter etc.

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It's all good...probably get more views there! One of my favorite things about Peyton...just a classy way to do it in a world full of twitter etc.

I would like to think if I had been a great athlete, it's the kind of thing I would have done.

But, I'm not that good of a human being!         :peek:     (And I'm sure there are many here who would agree with that!)           :thmup:

Peyton couldn't of went out in any better way. Got a 2nd SB win which only 11 other QB's have done as a starter in 50 SB's played, got his 200th win overall - most ever Regular Season/Playoffs combined, and the SB win put him over .500 in the Playoffs lmao which makes him a winner in the Playoffs even % wise at 14-13, how funny is that! He helped give Indianapolis a World Championship and that is the main thing to me! His Press Conference's in Denver and Indianapolis were freakin perfect as well. Only he and John Elway have retired as a SB starting QB winner as their last game, that is an amazing fact considering there have been 50 SB's played. Not only that and yes I have to do it - Tom Brady found guilty of cheating and will serve a 4 game suspension so that makes Peyton even look much better compared to a cheater! The Gatorade commercial is just another great thing, just Great stuff! I cant see anyone else winning 5 League MVP's like Peyton has, lets see a player beat that record? Brady has only 2, Montana only has 2 as well.

I saw the commercial on Twitter and Peyton is one class act!

We were so blessed to have him at our QB and team leader for 14 and in that time this team was transformed from perennial losers say a few magical years, 1987, 1995

This state transformed from a Basketball only state to a Football/Basketball state

Thank you Peyton! 

16 hours ago, BOTT said:

18 yr old: "what's a letter?"

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This is great to see.  Manning is part of a dying breed.  They don't even teach cursive anymore, and unless his handwriting is just that bad, it looked like the letters were handwritten in cursive.

Letter writing, cursive, they just want to bury it. It is sad. I made sure to teach my 8 year old cursive starting at 5. No wonder she got the best handwriting award in 1st grade :thmup:

Nice commercial. 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Letter writing, cursive, they just want to bury it. It is sad. I made sure to teach my 8 year old cursive starting at 5. No wonder she got the best handwriting award in 1st grade :thmup:

Nice commercial. 

My kids know cursive writing, they don't have neat hand writing by any means (they get that from me) but they both can read and write cursive.  One time over dinner my wife (who is a teacher) and I were discussing how schools were trying to get rid of it, one of my kids asked why we thought it was so important.  I answered, if you can read cursive then you can read important documents like the Constitution and other papers from the founding fathers.  If you can't read cursive then you will never know if they change some of the words on the typed versions of those documents.  It's like no one reads Animal Farm any more.

Definitely a nice commercial by Gatorade.

Peyton has to be one of the most humble athletes ever. He handles himself in the best way, unassuming and thoughtful class till the end. We are very blessed to have had a true professional and role model play for the Colts. Can't wait to see his statue in front of the Luc!

I missed this when it was first posted......amazing stuff.

Peyton is just a throw back to another time......

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 4:24 PM, NewColtsFan said:

There's going to be a very rare 2 minute commercial tonight.     I assume it'll be on both ESPN and NFL Network.

It's about the letters that he has sent to special people in his life,  and how much those letters have meant to so many people.

If Peyton means anything to you at all --- look for the commercial.

BUT.....

If you can't see it,  or you miss it.....   here it is NOW....

Click on the link and scroll to number 11.     By the way,  the short video that follows that is all about Peyton's letter to Chris Mortensen after it was revealed that he has cancer.

That's worth watching too!     Enjoy!!     :thmup:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/28/nfl-draft-peter-king-mmqb-10-things-im-hearing

A handwritten letter from Peyton would be pretty sweet. 18 has superb penmanship too, which seems rare these days. 

Happy for the Sheriff who gets to do things on his own timetable now. He's earned it. 

Congratulations on a phenomenal NFL career Manning! Bravo...