Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 NFL Draft Thread

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Udfa get get to choose where they go. They can look at your roster and say I don't think I can make it or they may want to go to a regional team (maybe NE) to be closer to home or closer to his family home wherever that is. Now he is locked in and ours.

I'm warming up to this pick quickly after seeing some clips of this kid.  I jumped the gun because I didn't know who the heck he was.  lol 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm warming up to this pick quickly after seeing some clips of this kid.  I jumped the gun because I didn't know who the heck he was.  lol 

Ohh I don't either...all I know is we wanted him in our camp for sure and that's fine with me...we needed lbs.

Just now, dgambill said:

Ohhh man another center!! Moving Kelly to guard?!

No, Blythe has experience at both guard positions, so essentially he will be center back up and guard back up. 

We have OT back up with Kaeg and Good, this was the guard/center back up plan.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No, Blythe has experience at both guard positions, so essentially he will be center back up and guard back up. 

We have OT back up with Kaeg and Good, this was the guard/center back up plan.

Haeg will play before Clark, imo

At this point, I hope for David Perkins, OLB, Victor Ochi, OLB, Eric Striker OLB, and Jeremy Cash SS to fall and see the amount of opportunity we have on Defense for them to get playing time if they prove themselves..... undrafted OLB's especially should be falling over themselves to come to Indy

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

This means Holmes and Harrison are both gone. They'll be this year's Chapman and Hughes.

I would 't bet a penny that Blythe becomes the back-up ahead of Holmes.

I'm not saying it won't happen,  just that I wouldn't predict it at this point.

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I would 't bet a penny that Blythe becomes the back-up ahead of Holmes.

I'm not saying it won't happen,  just that I wouldn't predict it at this point.

It's cool. I'm saying that because I see history repeating itself. Last year we weren't getting anything out of Chapman and Hughes and then we drafted Anderson and Perry and the staff said they were better and released them.

I see the same pattern with our centers. Kelly is an automatic starter and Blythe is a better scheme fit. I can see Holmes and Harrison playing in the 4th quarter of the last preseason game and then being cut. Holmes also has injury concerns.

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's cool. I'm saying that because I see history repeating itself. Last year we weren't getting anything out of Chapman and Hughes and then we drafted Anderson and Perry and the staff said they were better and released them.

I see the same pattern with our centers. Kelly is an automatic starter and Blythe is a better scheme fit. I can see Holmes and Harrison playing in the 4th quarter of the last preseason game and then being cut. Holmes also has injury concerns.

Fair point.    At the press conference,   Grigson and Pagano spoke very, VERY highly of Blythe.    Made him sound like much more of a prospect than the normal 7th round kid.       Holmes and Harrison might lose a lot of sleep over the next few months,  0R,  they'll get motivated to play the best football of their lives!!

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:14 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

Tell me about him. I'm intrigued...

I will say this. Bates has all the same production as Camalei Correa without us having used a second or third round pick. He actually moves better than Correa, better 3 cone times, same 40 time, better explosion. We have a coach on our coaching staff who used to be at Maine before coming to the Colts. I studied up on him a little bit before the draft started.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I will say this. Bates has all the same production as Camalei Correa without us having used a second or third round pick. He actually moves better than Correa, better 3 cone times, same 40 time, better explosion. We have a coach on our coaching staff who used to be at Maine before coming to the Colts. I studied up on him a little bit before the draft started.

Im interested enough to watch film on him. Thanks!

PS sorry for the confusion yesterday. Wasnt trying to condescend at all.