Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 NFL Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

When exactly are we going to address this pass rush? I'm okay with more protection for Luck but this is got my concern meter up a little. I take it they were not high on Fackrell.

Well looks like no bona fide pass rusher for us in this draft.  Don't think there is really much left as far as the impact type rusher that many were hoping to find.   Looks like Colts will be looking at free agent cast offs to find a pass rush for next year. 

At least we are fortifying our offensive line though. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

We are gonna be able to run the ball AND have Mathis for at least one more year.  I think we'll be fine. 

I've been saying this whole time that a lot of the good pass rushers are coming out of the small schools so we will probably strike later. We took Clark as BPA over Fackrell and I ain't trippin. I will just let the process play out.

2 hours ago, BCoop said:

We got 57, a 4th, and the 7th. You're missing one of those. Not sure which you're referring to with "Green Bay's pick".

Of course we got a 2.     That isn't the point.      Nobody trades a 2 for a 4 and a 7.

But the 4 and 7 is the reason we traded down 9 spots.     And we didn't get enough value for doing so.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Well looks like no bona fide pass rusher for us in this draft.  Don't think there is really much left as far as the impact type rusher that many were hoping to find.   Looks like Colts will be looking at free agent cast offs to find a pass rush for next year. 

At least we are fortifying our offensive line though. 

There's still some really good small school guys left. Just can't take them in the third round.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't like being the bearer of bad news....    but Clark will not be doing much of anything for the Colts in 2016.

He'll be blocking for field goals and PAT's ---- maybe.

He's been in a spread system.    Never been in a 3-point stance.     Doesn't know how to run block very well.

Last year,  Arizona took an offensive tackle in the 1st round -- Humphries -- and they didn't play him a single down.    The kid didn't even dress for the entire season.    He has that much to learn.     I'm expecting roughly the same for Clark this year.

Maybe he helps us in 2017.     But I'm not expecting much in 2016.

As always in these cases,   I hope I'm wrong.....

I don't see how the 2016 Colts are going to get a lot better.     Our two second day picks won't give us much of anything until 2017.

Very, very strange and curious Day Two for the Colts.       Frankly, very disappointing.

He can step in at Guard.

Also I think most understand he's not gonna be an immediate tackle if they've been following...

#Colts 3rd-round pick OT Le'Raven Clark played quite well as guard in freshman year. Mewhort can play RT, G. #NFLDraft2016 - Adam caplan

thats Mewhort, Kelly, and Clark who can play multiple positions on the line (granted only Kelly can play C), at least we are younger stronger and more interchangeable

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course we got a 2.     That isn't the point.      Nobody trades a 2 for a 4 and a 7.

But the 4 and 7 is the reason we traded down 9 spots.     And we didn't get enough value for doing so.

No one else got much better than us in the 2nd...

I honestly don't see the big deal.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Who do you have your eye on? 

You still have David Perkins, Judon, Cowser, Holmes,. He's not small school, but you still have Aaron Wallace from UCLA out there. A couple other guys if I start looking.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I disagree. Yeah, they left 40 points out there according to the chart. I think it's more important that they picked up two picks, including a 4th, which is a nice pick. Maybe the 7th could have been a 6th, but it's not that big of a deal, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, MrNLM said:

LT....................

He actually has the size, length, hands and feet to be a good LT someday. No reason to put him there right now but give him a year to get stronger....then play him at RT for a couple years and then maybe year 4 he is ready to take over for costanzo someday. He projects that good.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't like being the bearer of bad news....    but Clark will not be doing much of anything for the Colts in 2016.

He'll be blocking for field goals and PAT's ---- maybe.

He's been in a spread system.    Never been in a 3-point stance.     Doesn't know how to run block very well.

Last year,  Arizona took an offensive tackle in the 1st round -- Humphries -- and they didn't play him a single down.    The kid didn't even dress for the entire season.    He has that much to learn.     I'm expecting roughly the same for Clark this year.

Maybe he helps us in 2017.     But I'm not expecting much in 2016.

As always in these cases,   I hope I'm wrong.....

I don't see how the 2016 Colts are going to get a lot better.     Our two second day picks won't give us much of anything until 2017.

Very, very strange and curious Day Two for the Colts.       Frankly, very disappointing.

Exactly, on top of all that he struggled mightily at the senior bowl to do anything in pro sets. Good was a better prospect at this point 

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Yeah LT is what I read. Of course once he's coached up from texas tech's blocking scheme he will probably be our RT. Not expected to unseat Constanzo. But the point is they said he will be good enough to be a LT.

Hope they are right.

He has the feet and the arms. Just needs some technique and to get stronger. Redshirt him, he can be a starter at RT or maybe even guard.

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

When exactly are we going to address this pass rush? I'm okay with more protection for Luck but this is got my concern meter up a little. I take it they were not high on Fackrell.

There's definitely still time thankfully, but even if we don't make drastic strides on our pass rush, we can at least have an O that can stay on the field longer. You can't deny we have had tons of 3 and outs which kills the D. 

They obviously have to get a legit pass rusher at some point, but at the very least maybe they can perform better by being on the field less. We still haven't had a season with Art Jones so hopefully getting him back, Anderson getting healthy along with a pick and/or some udfa's in a few days will at least make them serviceable with the O carrying a bit more of the slack.

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

No one else got much better than us in the 2nd...

I honestly don't see the big deal.

I know. Why do people act like that chart is like the 10 commandments. Not only does that chart change from draft to draft it changes as you move through your draft and what's on your board. The value was pretty good. We still got a very desirable player and picked up a 4th and a 7th. we moved back because our guys were off the board. We got value. Nothing wrong with that. Next year that pick maybe worth more depending who is still left on the board but it's only worth what you can get for it. I'm happy.

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

I disagree. Yeah, they left 40 points out there according to the chart. I think it's more important that they picked up two picks, including a 4th, which is a nice pick. Maybe the 7th could have been a 6th, but it's not that big of a deal, IMO. 

You're really going to make an argument that a 7 has some meaning?

For every Denzelle Good you can point to,  I can point to Josh Anderson in 2012,  or Ulrick John in 2014.

We got schooled on that trade.     Badly.

7 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

Exactly, on top of all that he struggled mightily at the senior bowl to do anything in pro sets. Good was a better prospect at this point 

Both our 2nd day guys are to help us down the road. They need to get stronger and coaching....good thing is we brought in a good OL coach and we have a great secondary coach so I'm optimistic.

9 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

Err.  What?  This guy has everything you can't teach and has tons of good collegiate experience.  

Not sure where you got all of that?

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

For every Denzelle Good you can point to,  I can point to Josh Anderson in 2012,  or Ulrick John in 2014.

Jesus, give it a rest. If Green was the guy they wanted and that was the best deal on the table, should they have turned it down and picked Green because the trade wasn't strong enough. 

You have absolutely no clue what the process was so just stop. We get it, we didn't get enough according to a chart that is very fluid. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

STEP AWAY FROM THE CHART! PUT THE CHART ON THE GROUND! KEEP YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!

Day Two:

We may have gotten two great athletes and prospects and talents....

But neither is ready to contribute much in 2016.      I thought Grigson was talking about adding players who could contribute THIS YEAR?       Green and Clark will likely contribute on Special Teams.    I wouldn't expect much more.

They maybe good in 2017,  and very good in 2018....   and maybe even great by 2019.

But 2016?     I don't see much help coming for us....

Wish I didn't think that,  and would love to be wrong......

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

The 7th is a throw in. I'm more interested in the 4th. 

I don't think most draft day trades hold up to the draft chart. If the objection is centered on those 40 points the Colts gave up, then I disagree with the objection. JMO

3 minutes ago, wig said:

Jesus, give it a rest. If Green was the guy they wanted and that was the best deal on the table, should they have turned it down and picked Green because the trade wasn't strong enough. 

You have absolutely no clue what the process was so just stop. We get it, we didn't get enough according to a chart that is very fluid. 

We got a little more than 50 percent of the value.

The chart isn't that fluid.

Just now, wig said:

Forgot who it was, but a team traded soon after us and our deal was definitely better so I'm also not sure how we got hosed. They essentially swapped picks like we did, dropped a few spots and only got a 4th. At least we got the latter pick also.

2 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

I'm lost you said Good was a better prospect than him at this point but nothing has pointed even remotely in that direction.  

He can play this year at Guard I have little doubt.  And the plus to that is we also have a grooming tackle in case Good doesn't pan out with more experience at a higher talent level of collegiate play.  And this is coming from a Good fan who I think has all the tools to be a good RT.