Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 NFL Draft Thread

The draft is here!    As a sports fan, this is the best time of year.  NHL playoffs, NBA playoffs, NFL draft, all kinds of stuff going on.  Similar to our game threads, all pertinent discussion will be done in one thread, this one.  The chat room will likely be opened closer to the draft itself.

Mod notes:

1. Please do not spoil the pick.  Sometimes, the pick is announced a little quicker on Twitter than it is shown on TV.  If you end up seeing the next pick before it is announced on television, please wait until the TV announcement so as to keep spoilers to a minimum.

2. There will be one reaction thread for each Colts pick.  Please don't make several threads for each selection or move the Colts make.  We will have one reaction thread for each pick and we will try to keep all reaction about that pick in the one thread.  I will do my best to make that thread as soon as possible after the pick is made.  If a few minutes go by and the thread has not been made, please feel free to make one, but I will do my best to keep on top of it.

Other than that, let's enjoy the evening!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

The draft is here!   

Other than that, let's enjoy the evening!

Thanks boss,

Good luck, I'm sure days like to day age you mods 10 years.  Really appreciate it.  Hopefully people will listen.

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Having to work draft night sucks. Had 3 days off this week and it was Monday Tuesday and Wednesday like really

I was up at 5am eastern for work. I imagine I'll fall asleep around the 11th pick.

Pumped for draft to get started.  I kind of like the draft format we have now with the three days,& primetime, although my wife is not all that thrilled with it :grumpy2:    She is good though to put up with my Colts obsession & at least plays along.  

Almost time boys. Man I'm pumped for this draft. I feel like this draft can give the Colts the young talented core of playmakers that we've need. Last draft was the start with guys like Anderson, Smith, and Geathers. 

Mathis draft should all but complete the process. Man if we could get some young studs at OLB and ILB and maybe a FS we will have a strong core.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Almost time boys. Man I'm pumped for this draft. I feel like this draft can give the Colts the young talented core of playmakers that we've need. Last draft was the start with guys like Anderson, Smith, and Geathers. 

Mathis draft should all but complete the process. Man if we could get some young studs at OLB and ILB and maybe a FS we will have a strong core.

Do you think there's any chance we could get Kamalei Correa in the 2nd?

52 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I am too. This draft has the 2nd most resources Grigs has had to work with. His first draft was as good as anyone could expect outside of Luck, and last year's looks good as well. He's done well in years where he's had a 1st and a 2nd. 

If you were one of the top QB prospects in this draft, would you rather go to Philly or LA?

Easy LA plus there is a good chance some good WRs will drop to the 2nd so they could get a weapon for their new QB to put alongside Gurley 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LA

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Easy LA plus there is a good chance some good WRs will drop to the 2nd so they could get a weapon for their new QB to put alongside Gurley 

Pederson is a solid QB coach and the Eagles are/were close to a playoff spot last year.  Plus, you wouldn't have to play the defenses of Arizona and Seattle twice a year

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Pederson is a solid QB coach and the Eagles are/were close to a playoff spot last year.  Plus, you wouldn't have to play the defenses of Arizona and Seattle twice a year

True but you get som offense and the Rams become a contender 

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

True, the NFC East is the easier Division but I like the Rams Defense and as a QB I would love having Gurley to give the ball too + the LA weather is better.

This year will show how good of a coach Chip Kelly is or isn't between the Eagles and 9ers. 

Draft Day Thoughts

1) Glad I'm not an Eagles or Rams fan.

2) I would actually be happy with the Colts picking Zeke Elliot at #18.

3) Mel Kiper is proof that you don't need to have talent to be successful in life.

4) I've already resigned myself to the fact that Grigson is picking Dak Prescott or Cardale Jones in the 1st Round.

Happy Draft Day, everyone.