Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Colts Forum 2016 Mock Draft - Selection Thread (Make your picks here)

On 4/13/2016 at 5:17 PM, JPFolks said:

Okay, at 18 the Colts pick S Keanu Neal Florida

On 4/13/2016 at 5:17 PM, The Brazilian Ninja said:

BRUH!!!

On 4/13/2016 at 5:17 PM, danlhart87 said:

TERRIBLE PICK KILL HIM

On 4/13/2016 at 5:18 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

Can we use that unfair trade/pick veto?

On 4/13/2016 at 5:18 PM, Hoosiernsavga said:

I see why you wanted to trade down! lol

On 4/13/2016 at 5:19 PM, chad72 said:

JUST PITCH FORKS :76evil:

On 4/13/2016 at 5:19 PM, The Brazilian Ninja said:

REALLY.

REALLY BRUH!!!!!!!

BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;!;;;!!

On 4/13/2016 at 5:20 PM, The Brazilian Ninja said:

:tvsmash:

On 4/13/2016 at 5:20 PM, Superman said:

That's a terrible pick and you know it. You're twelve days late for April fool's.

On 4/13/2016 at 5:25 PM, The Brazilian Ninja said:

and this guy isn't a reach???

On 4/13/2016 at 5:28 PM, stitches said:

Did he want to trade down to the third round? That's just ... so soooo soooooooooo bad... lol...

On 4/13/2016 at 5:31 PM, stitches said:

This guy makes about 1.7 mental errors per snap. This is just straight up horrible.

On 4/13/2016 at 5:36 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

The issue I have with it isn't that I don't like the pick, it's that it throws the balance of the draft off. It's like in fantasy when someone offers two players for one and says, "See? You're getting 12 points a game and I'm getting 12 points."  Trades like that (picks like this) tend to suck the fun out of it.

On 4/13/2016 at 5:37 PM, Superman said:

Someone will do something we all think is stupid in real life though. But yeah, this is pretty egregious.

On 4/13/2016 at 5:50 PM, Superman said:

No. There's no defense for that pick at #18.

On 4/13/2016 at 5:46 PM, Superman said:

I don't think anyone is mad. It's just that your pick is indefensible. But yeah, thanks for taking the heat, I guess.

I think it is time for some crow. For the moment it is just partial crow - as in we were totally wrong about just how high he'd be picked... We'll see in due time if the evaluation of his game would be correct or we'd need to swallow the full crow...

Go ahead... take a bite:

eating-crow.jpg

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I think it is time for some crow. For the moment it is just partial crow - as in we were totally wrong about just how high he'd be picked... We'll see in due time if the evaluation of his game would be correct or we'd need to swallow the full crow...

Go ahead... take a bite:

eating-crow.jpg

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your post.  Only time will tell, but I really felt this guy was a quality pick AND I also said I was down to either Neal or Kelly and felt I couldn't have nailed their values any better. 

Thanks again...it is rare for anyone to acknowledge they might have been wrong about something.  

35 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your post.  Only time will tell, but I really felt this guy was a quality pick AND I also said I was down to either Neal or Kelly and felt I couldn't have nailed their values any better. 

Thanks again...it is rare for anyone to acknowledge they might have been wrong about something.  

I laughed so hard when that pick came up and i told my dad and wife the story of this draft and the neale pick. And i said,  i owe that man an apology and say he was right. So: 

I was wrong and you were right. Good call. Apologies!

@stitches - i had already planned on coming here and owning up to it, but yep, we deserved it.

28 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Everyone was wrong. You was right.

I don't think I saw a single mock with Neal going in the first.

JPFolks = GOAT.

2 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Good call on how high he was picked. I was wrong about his draft position. 

As far as the Colts, I felt that if Karl Joseph with better coverage skills wasn't there, I felt the Colts would have done exactly what they did with Kelly, that is why my draft contest mock had Karl Joseph first and then Ryan Kelly. Like you said, you were contemplating Kelly as well. Good call!!! :)

2 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Yep!  Eat it up @JPFolks!  It's not that often that someone around here takes such a bold, unhedged stand and is proven correct.  Good job!

3 hours ago, JPFolks said:

When the Falcons made that pick, I immediately thought of you. I was prepared to write something in the draft thread but I could not access the site at that time, perhaps because the Colts pick was coming up.

Anyway, you were right. Let's do this again next year. :)

9 hours ago, stitches said:

Go ahead... take a bite:

eating-crow.jpg

I still think it's a terrible pick, and I'm glad the Falcons made it and not the Colts. They have a different defense where Neal fits better, like Kam Chancellor. Hope he works out, but I didn't have Neal in my top 50.

That said, @JPFolks wasn't nearly as far off base as I thought. I'm very surprised by the way this shook out, so credit to him for identifying something that the rest of us didn't see. My apologies for being so hard on you sir, but I still disagree with the pick. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I still think it's a terrible pick, and I'm glad the Falcons made it and not the Colts. They have a different defense where Neal fits better, like Kam Chancellor. Hope he works out, but I didn't have Neal in my top 50.

That said, @JPFolks wasn't nearly as far off base as I thought. I'm very surprised by the way this shook out, so credit to him for identifying something that the rest of us didn't see. My apologies for being so hard on you sir, but I still disagree with the pick. 

It was never the disagreement that I had a problem with, it was simply the nasty dismissive and insulting nature of many of the comments.  Debate is fun... personal attacks and insults are not.  

I still think he's going to be a great player, but I am not unhappy with Kelly at all.  The end reason I took Neal over Kelly was I thought there was a little better chance I could get Kelly or as a fall back, Martin at C in addition to Neal. I am not sold on Geathers as the final solution (perhaps he'll be all we need to stop the run at Safety as well as show the coverage skills that Neal has.  Neal's measurables were impressive, many scouts said he had solid coverage skills, and was a thumper BOTH.  If that turns out to be true, he could have been a difference maker for us versus a placeholder.  The other Safety evaluated below Neal had quite a few red flags making it even easier.  I just believe in part to stop the run, you need a safety that is a difference maker.  Let's hope now that Geather's develops into that and we can find another safety because I doubt Adams has a full healthy season left in him as the full time starter at S.

13 hours ago, stitches said:

Go ahead... take a bite:

eating-crow.jpg

I never said he was terrible but taking him at 18 was and still is too high. But now its the Falcons who will deal with it not the Colts so I'm good with that :)