Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Build Team To Beat Texans?

Case

I posted in another thread how I feel the texans could be the most complete team in the nfl and without a doubt in the afc south. Instead of teams building their teams to beat us in the south we must now all build to best the texans. Here's my post

They are cleaning house Ryan is bringing people in that he wants and they are going to have to build this team to best the texans.

The texans are prob the most compete team in the nfl when healthy. We need to rebuild, change philosophy to get big run stopping d players in here and become a good defensive team while also stayingg the offense powerhouse we are use to. Getting luck is a good step in the right direction to secure the qb position in Indy. Then we just build through the draft and FA these next couple years. I think we will see the best colts team we have seen (most complete on defense and offense) in a long time. I think Irsay, Grigson learned a lot from the manning era. You can have the goat at qb but if you don't put a complete team on the field you won't compete well in the playoffs.

I am very excited for the future with all new coaches and assistants

Do you think the texans healthy are the team to beat next year?

:edit: build team to BEAT texans. Typing on iPhone sorry for typo if mod could fix title that would be great.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with PM they'd give us fits if Schaub, Williams, and Andre were all healthy.

Heck, they'd even plaster the Patriots probably.

With all players healthy they are the best team IMO. Playmakers everywhere, great rb, o line, front 7 and defensive backfield. They are scary

You do not build a team to beat a single team, that does not lead to a winning games consistently.

If we can beat the texans we can beat other teams. Your number one goal is to win your division and now I think the division goes through the texans. Your not getting my point and just thinking about it to much.

No,there not a threat to us.With a healthy manning we win the division and its not even close.The texans weakness is shaub and next year throw in a QB controversy with yates,and they're not even a threat at all.They only reason they won the south this year is simple...we had no MANNING.We'll resume pounding them like cheap steak next year.Heck,they're not even second next year!The titans have j.locker and he looks like a threat.

No,there not a threat to us.With a healthy manning we win the division and its not even close.The texans weakness is shaub and next year throw in a QB controversy with yates,and they're not even a threat at all.They only reason they won the south this year is simple...we had no MANNING.We'll resume pounding them like cheap steak next year.Heck,they're not even second next year!The titans have j.locker and he looks like a threat.

Your joking right?

There is absolutely no qb controversy with Yates lmao

And teams to do build there teams to try and compete better within the division. That's what the trxans did. They can run the ball control the clock they have a great deep threat in Johnson their oline can handle our pass rush they got great lb and Dbacks

Andre Johnson is getting old, and Matt Schaub has never played an entire season. To be honest they are on paper maybe the best and most complete team in AFC, but the absence of AJ and Schaub is inevitable. They are a team based on many defensive players drafted in the past several years, and Arian Foster is a beast, which means the Texans team we have seen in the playoff may be the best they can put together at playoff time next year. Of course they will be in the playoff again next couple of years.

The Texans coming into next year will be one of the top teams in the NFL. Defensively they are scary, especially that D line, offensively they have a RB that lead the NFL in rushing not too long ago, one of the best WR's, and probably the best O line in the AFC South. Its really hard to point out any weaknesses.

If we can beat the texans we can beat other teams. Your number one goal is to win your division and now I think the division goes through the texans. Your not getting my point and just thinking about it to much.

No, I get your point just fine. And you do not build a team to beat another team even in your division. You build a team based on a philosphy and that philosophy entails if you want to be strong offensively or defensively or balanced, then what type of players you need to do that... do you need a superstar QB or a game manager, do you need a big bruising back or well rounded back or both, big play receivers or possession receivers or combinations of all those.

You don't worry about the teams in your division until it comes time to develop the game plan against them.

The Texans coming into next year will be one of the top teams in the NFL. Defensively they are scary, especially that D line, offensively they have a RB that lead the NFL in rushing not too long ago, one of the best WR's, and probably the best O line in the AFC South. Its really hard to point out any weaknesses.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH their quarterback position is a weaklink.He can't stay healthy and simply not very good when healthy.

I'm not sold that shaub is unreplaceable...are you?And yates did enough to warrent looking at in camp next year as a possible starter.He played better than expected(outside the playoff stinker).

Yes I am sold. He is a good qb. Yates didn't win games he just made sure they didn't lose any. 0% chance he takes Matt's job.

I'm not sold that shaub is unreplaceable...are you?And yates did enough to warrent looking at in camp next year as a possible starter.He played better than expected(outside the playoff stinker).

Including the playoffs his stats were 3 TD's 6 INTs. His QB rating was lower than Tebows. You think Yates will contend with Schaub? Thats laughable at best. Schaub has had a lot of good seasons and is still a very good quarterback. Pro bowler, throws for 4k+ yards, 90 + rating etc.

No, I get your point just fine. And you do not build a team to beat another team even in your division. You build a team based on a philosphy and that philosophy entails if you want to be strong offensively or defensively or balanced, then what type of players you need to do that... do you need a superstar QB or a game manager, do you need a big bruising back or well rounded back or both, big play receivers or possession receivers or combinations of all those.

You don't worry about the teams in your division until it comes time to develop the game plan against them.

You absolutely worry about the teams in your division what are you talking about. You Play them more then anybody every single year. You have to beat them to win the division and make the playoffs. It's pretty simple

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH their quarterback position is a weaklink.He can't stay healthy and simply not very good when healthy.

Shaub has missed the same amount of games as Peyton Manning in his career(give or take if you count the playoffs) Does that mean I get to say Manning can't stay healthy and take shots at him?

Including the playoffs his stats were 3 TD's 6 INTs. His QB rating was lower than Tebows. You think Yates will contend with Schaub? Thats laughable at best. Schaub has had a lot of good seasons and is still a very good quarterback. Pro bowler, throws for 4k+ yards, 90 + rating etc.

And he'll miss 6-10 games every year also.He's fragile and injury prone.

Shaub has missed the same amount of games as Peyton Manning in his career(give or take if you count the playoffs) Does that mean I get to say Manning can't stay healthy and take shots at him?

The guys missed a TON OF GAMES.Are you serious?He's hurt every year.How am i taking shots at him,when its true.The manning situation is different,because that's really the only time he's ever been actually hurt(outside of a broken jaw in a game he returned to finish).

The guys missed a TON OF GAMES.Are you serious?He's hurt every year.How am i taking shots at him,when its true.The manning situation is different,because that's really the only time he's ever been actually hurt(outside of a broken jaw in a game he returned to finish).

The last 3 years he missed 5 games and those 5 games were this year. Having an opinion is fine but having an opinion on something your not knowledgable on is a completely diff situation.

Don't start that crap again or i'll report you.You always try to derail threads.

Wow dude calm down ur always so quick to run and tell. Are we in 5th grade? DM him with your problems and talk it over there.

Yeah, what he said.

So when u hear coaches and former coaches say it they are just trying to sound smart? They really don't care what the teams in their division are doing they just gameplan for them when they play them?