Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thinking ahead, who goes first overall?

I would say Gurley.  

Peterson had a decent season but not the kind of season that leads one to being first overall.  Plus he's getting old for a RB and people will be looking for age and compiled hits to start taking their toll on him.  

Bell got injured during the season

Gurley missed 3 games, still put up 1100 yards, and came out of the season un-injured.

On top of that he plays on a team that doesn't have a good QB situation so it's going to lean on it's run game.

Also his age isn't a factor as he has just one NFL season.  

I could be wrong but I would say that leads to Gurely being the first overall pick in most fantasy drafts.

If he is healthy, it is LeVeon Bell. Peterson or Gurley do not have nearly the same amount of catches out of the backfield like Bell. Plus, whoever is the RB with the Steelers, they rarely come out to be replaced for an RBC. When it was Bell, DeAngelo Williams was a non-factor. When DeAngelo Williams was in, the other RBs were a non-factor. 

Both the Rams and Vikings use the #2 and/or #3 RBs more than the Steelers do, that is why it has to be Bell.

30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If he is healthy, it is LeVeon Bell. Peterson or Gurley do not have nearly the same amount of catches out of the backfield like Bell. Plus, whoever is the RB with the Steelers, they rarely come out to be replaced for an RBC. When it was Bell, DeAngelo Williams was a non-factor. When DeAngelo Williams was in, the other RBs were a non-factor. 

Both the Rams and Vikings use the #2 and/or #3 RBs more than the Steelers do, that is why it has to be Bell.

He might not be ready for the beginning of the season.   A PCL tear is no joke.   He may never be as good as he once was.   Risky with the 1st pick.  If it's PPR I take Antonio brown if the season started tomorrow.  Ideally I would try to trade the pick

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2016 at 2:17 PM, chad72 said:

The injury is going to affect his draft status in fantasy.  Not everyone comes back from that strong and it's certainly going to hurt him if he's expected to miss any games.

I think Gurley is going to be the guy for most fantasy players.  

Now do I think that's necessarily smart?  Not really . . . personally I wouldn't want the #1 overall pick this year for standard fantasy. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/1/2016 at 3:17 PM, chad72 said:

How about now?  He is out the first 4 games again

• 2 weeks later...