Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who are your most overrated prospects in this year's draft?

List of overrated prospects for me:

Clemson DE Kevin Dodd - I've seen mocks where he is projected in the top 10-15. Had no sacks until his senior season (in which he started. Was a reserve player before) and just had an average season before the playoffs. 

Ohio State OT Taylor Decker - Pretty bad against edge rushers. I don't ever see him playing left tackle. Short arms. 

Clemson CB Mackenzie Alexander - People are calling him the best corner in this year's class, but I don't see it when I watch film on him. Lack of ball skills and 0 interceptions this past season. Some receivers have been able to get open because Alexander can get lost at times. 

Robert Nkimdiche- Many people on here don't want him early, but there are still draft publications that have him as a top 20 pick. He should be going in the 3rd rounds with all his red flags, and he's an overrated player as well.

Joey Bosa- I think he's very overrated. Very good player with a lethal spin move and very strong, but he doesn't have great explosiveness or initial quickness. He was doing a lot of his damage in college against RT's. A media darling that gets too much hype.

Hunter Henry- This is the guy I have the least overrated. Two things bug me though. He was in an offense at Arkansas that overinflated his stats, and he is limited as a run blocker. Lots of good qualities about him, but he's not a 1st rounder IMO. I see him as more of a product of the system, kinda like Coby Fleener.

Last year, the Colts visited with some defensive player, and everyone was predicting we would take that player, if not, another defensive player.

I'm thinking the Colts are going to drive up the value of Ragland, but end up taking an offensive player in the 1st.  This may be a bit of games-man-ship on the Colts' part, but if an offensive stud drops because everyone else reached on defensive players after the Broncos' D playoff showing... well... maybe the Colts make out like bandits when it's all said and done...

Defense in rounds 3-7!!!

Most overrated players in this draft I believe are
Noah Spence
Mackenzie Alexander
Derek Henry
Ryan Kelly

Reggie Ragland

Treadwell

I think Spence will be the biggest bust of the draft and I hope the Colts stay as far away from him as possible. I don't wish him any ill will I just don't want to take him in the 1st round

1 minute ago, SuperJoe33 said:

Most overrated players in this draft I believe are
Noah Spence
Mackenzie Alexander
Derek Henry
Ryan Kelly

Reggie Ragland

Treadwell

I think Spence will be the biggest bust of the draft and I hope the Colts stay as far away from him as possible. I don't wish him any ill will I just don't want to take him in the 1st round

I have a bad feeling about Spence as well. I don't know if his character will drive him out of the league, or he'll just fall flat on his face, but something is there about Spence that I don't trust. Don't want anything to do with him.

Noah Spence-Forget the off the field issues. He's a very pedestrian pass rusher who didn't even put up double digit sacks until he got to Eastern Kentucky. Not explosive at all.

Mackensie Alexander-He's not that tall and isn't as good as Hargreaves to make you look past the height. And zero career interceptions is alarming. There are some CBs that will go undrafted who at least have 1.

4 hours ago, MTC said:

Even though not a Colts need, Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg. He looks like a late round prospect.

I've seen mocks where he's projected in the second round. Laughable.

Lesson: high schools players should never trust anything a coach says during the recruiting process.  

6 hours ago, ar1888 said:

Alexander had zero ints because no one threw at him.

He's on my list due to production, size, and technique. I think he benefits greatly from the Clemson pass rush. A fun fact is the amount he lined up across from the number 2 WR and we all know how collegiate QBs stare down their main option. Technique wise he needs to keep an eye on the QB and foot work could use some work. This years CB class is really overrated IMO especially against last years. 

• MacKensie Alexander, for reasons y'all have mentioned.
  •  
  • Reggie Ragland, also for reasons you mentioned.
  •  
  • Jack Allen.  Such a lackluster athlete.  Some believe him to be a 3rd rounder and early NFL starter - I don't buy it.

14 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Connor Cook??? Really?? who is overrating him haha I have seen NO ONE hardly even mention his name here or on TV 

You've never seen his named mentioned on ESPN or Fox Sports? You must not watch much TV. I've heard several pundits list him as a player who could be drafted early in the 2nd and developed. I'm not seeing it. Seems like it would be a waste of a high pick to me.

8 hours ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

You've never seen his named mentioned on ESPN or Fox Sports? You must not watch much TV. I've heard several pundits list him as a player who could be drafted early in the 2nd and developed. I'm not seeing it. Seems like it would be a waste of a high pick to me.

Literally everyone I see talk about QBs skips him and mentions everyone else 

if someone out there is talking about him then good for them he is good he's a winner 

23 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Connor Cook??? Really?? who is overrating him haha I have seen NO ONE hardly even mention his name here or on TV 

If you look at some mocks around the internet,  you'll see that since Denver lost Osweiler,  the popular pick for the Broncos to end the first round is.......    Connor Cook.

22 hours ago, Indy Fan said:

He's on my list due to production, size, and technique. I think he benefits greatly from the Clemson pass rush. A fun fact is the amount he lined up across from the number 2 WR and we all know how collegiate QBs stare down their main option. Technique wise he needs to keep an eye on the QB and foot work could use some work. This years CB class is really overrated IMO especially against last years. 

You know everyone thinks Alexander is overrated, well Hargreaves is shorter than Alexander, and slower I

believe. His technique may be better, but I saw Hargreaves get toasted deep a lot last year. Now it was only the deep ball I saw, but I don't see him as a top 10 player.

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you look at some mocks around the internet,  you'll see that since Denver lost Osweiler,  the popular pick for the Broncos to end the first round is.......    Connor Cook.

Sweet I'd love to see him go in the first!!

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Everywhere I've looked that has Denver taking QB has Lynch going there. Otherwise for Denver it's usually Derrick Henry or a DL/LB

8 hours ago, loudnproudcolt said:

You know everyone thinks Alexander is overrated, well Hargreaves is shorter than Alexander, and slower I

believe. His technique may be better, but I saw Hargreaves get toasted deep a lot last year. Now it was only the deep ball I saw, but I don't see him as a top 10 player.

Fully aware of it this CB class isn't that great and truthfully the entire draft is meh. Last year was the year to snag a CB. Hargreaves has a higher floor but lower ceiling than Alexander but the odds are definitely against Alexander. Just depends on what you value. Hargreaves could be an elite slot corner if he pans out but do you use a first round pick on a slot corner?

On 3/25/2016 at 7:36 AM, theanarchist said:

please do....I don't know much about him but I too would be skeptical about a MLB that high

Ragland is the classic inside thumper backer, Mike or Will in 3 - 4.  100-120 tackles per year for a decade or more. Plays run/downhill, stiff in coverage.  But he might be as good or better in coverage than William Jackson III, who is stiff and can't change direction either.  But Ragland is ILB not a corner. Talk about a LB that is a Stop the Run guy on a monster D, that's him.  The only ILB that is close to first round grade  (FootballNetwork scouts have upgraded him to #7 overall Big Board, Next ILB is at #49 Tyler Matakevich)  But people here are afraid of an him getting torched for TD's in the pass game and no safeties or corners giving help.

People wanted a Ragland type all the time in the 2000's when the Gary Brackett's of our world ruled the middle. Now when a slim chance to get that type appears, they run for the little speedy LB that can cover.  I don't get it sometimes.

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ragland is the classic inside thumper backer, Mike or Will in 3 - 4.  100-120 tackles per year for a decade or more. Plays run/downhill, stiff in coverage.  But he might be as good or better in coverage than William Jackson III, who is stiff and can't change direction either.  But Ragland is ILB not a corner. Talk about a LB that is a Stop the Run guy on a monster D, that's him.  The only ILB that is close to first round grade  (FootballNetwork scouts have upgraded him to #7 overall Big Board, Next ILB is at #49 Tyler Matakevich)  But people here are afraid of an him getting torched for TD's in the pass game and no safeties or corners giving help.

People wanted a Ragland type all the time in the 2000's when the Gary Brackett's of our world ruled the middle. Now when a slim chance to get that type appears, they run for the little speedy LB that can cover.  I don't get it sometimes.

I don't know why people under value a ILB position around here every great 3 4 defense has had a thumping game wrecker at the ILB position .

2 minutes ago, B~Town said:

I don't know why people under value a ILB position around here every great 3 4 defense has had a thumping game wrecker at the ILB position .

I don't think there is a lot of people that undervalue ILB's but  just being a thumper who can rack up 120+ tackles a season don't make you a game wrecker at ILB. I believe he will be a 120+ tackle player(Some of course) but if he cant make plays on the ball in the pass game then its just going to be more of the same and that's getting abused over the middle in the pass game. Its easier for an ILB to diagnose and make plays in the run game and rack up tackles then it is for one to cover