Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arizona moving Cooper from G to C.....

Remember a few years ago....    Arizona took Jonathan Cooper at guard....   9th or 10th overall I think....

Well....     he hasn't cut it so far, and the Cardinals are now moving him to Center in hopes that he works out there.

And last year's 1st round pick, DJ Humphries,  they deliberately didn't play him at all his rookie year....     not a single snap.     he didn't even dress for a single game.

The Cards did that on purpose because they don't think he's ready.    They think he will someday,   but not yet.....

Just the latest reminders that the guys many here thinks are "beasts" or "can't miss" actually do wind up missing from time to time.....

Here's the Cooper story.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000640802/article/arizona-cardinals-moving-jonathan-cooper-to-center

24 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Whats crazy is that there was two guards taken in the top 10 that year. Cooper at 7. Warmack at 10. And neither one have been worth a crap. The 3rd guard taken from that class Kyle Long has been pretty good.

Kyle is a Tackle 

It used to be that these college tackles were seen as safe picks who would "start for 10 years" but they're just massively underperforming once they hit the pros.

Offensive line is almost getting up there alongside corner back for me where spending a high pick on them is too much risk for the reward. Much rather pick up players at those positions who have suffered their growing pains and are onto their second contract. 

I would use this story in combination with the Randy Gregory and Dion Jordan stories to illustrate an important point to a lot of the posters here about some of the crazy choices they've mocked to us in the first round. It's never a certainty. 

10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I would use this story in combination with the Randy Gregory and Dion Jordan stories to illustrate an important point to a lot of the posters here about some of the crazy choices they've mocked to us in the first round. It's never a certainty. 

Specifically those mocking Cody Whitehair and Ryan Kelly to us at 18.