shecolt

The "Random Stuff" Thread, Part Two

205 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

We are taking our grandson (a big Bengals fan)  to the Bengals/Broncos game this Sunday.  He has forbidden me to wear any Broncos gear, because according to Tanner  "that would be back luck"   haha

Oh the powers I have....   like what I wear is what would keep the Bengals from beating the Broncos :scratch:  haha

I love my grandson,  I'll honor his request and wear my Colts stuff.   haha  :hat: 

LOL! I burst out loud when I read the line I bolded. Have fun Gramz. So, Tanner is a Bengals fan. Alright. I'm with you Gramz. I'd pull for Denver in that game too, but I will admit that Cincy is a good squad with a great running game, solid LBs, & a defense that knows how to tackle well. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

LOL! I burst out loud when I read the line I bolded. Have fun Gramz. So, Tanner is a Bengals fan. Alright. I'm with you Gramz. I'd pull for Denver in that game too, but I will admit that Cincy is a good squad with a great running game, solid LBs, & a defense that knows how to tackle well. 

Yes, and it is in Cincinnati,  their first home game this season.  Anything is possible,  but that Denver DEF is brutal.     This is Tanner's First time going to an NFL game, so for his sake,  I'd really like for Cincy to win and make this a great experience for him.   

1 person likes this

58 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Yes, and it is in Cincinnati,  their first home game this season.  Anything is possible,  but that Denver DEF is brutal.     This is Tanner's First time going to an NFL game, so for his sake,  I'd really like for Cincy to win and make this a great experience for him.   

Yeah for Tanner's sake, it would be good for his team's psyche to see the Bengals pull out a W I guess. Is this his 1st NFL game attending live in person? Cool. 

Yep, Denver's secondary is elite & something else. Wow. TJ Ward knows how to lay the wood. That's for sure. Have a blast Tanner! Your Grandmother rocks! 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

This thread needs more flair! 

WildStar-1_zpsuybsv8f6.jpg

Image result for Flair

1 person likes this

Gramz is a Hippie Chick for our annual Halloween Party.  :rock:

IMG-20161022-204359.jpg

14721613_1896503987244128_4576310886093209271_n.jpg?oh=afeab328eaef41abbe103d1714d97e29&oe=58A7C467

5 people like this

On October 22, 2016 at 9:12 PM, Gramz said:

Gramz is a Hippie Chick for our annual Halloween Party.  :rock:

IMG-20161022-204359.jpg

14721613_1896503987244128_4576310886093209271_n.jpg?oh=afeab328eaef41abbe103d1714d97e29&oe=58A7C467

Spectacular post Gramz! Very Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young. Not only do you & Ron go all out with wardrobe, but you probably have the best goodies on the block too meaning sweets. :hat:

I always have a soft spot for CSN& Y even though they were actually before my time as a 1972 kid relatively speaking. Groovy costumes though Ron & Gramz. 

1 person likes this

I suppose you could have being going for a Grateful Dead vibe or a Janis Joplin motif too Gramz. I like Ron's skull & cross bones rebellion hat & hair too. Nice non-conformity touch there. I like adults that never lose their inner child. 

Holidays must be off the chain at your place every yr. haha Okay, I'm done. I'm trying not to dominate threads so much anymore. Call it an early New Years Resolution if you want. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

I suppose you could have being going for a Grateful Dead vibe or a Janis Joplin motif too Gramz. I like Ron's skull & cross bones rebellion hat & hair too. Nice non-conformity touch there. I like adults that never lose their inner child. 

Holidays must be off the chain at your place every yr. haha Okay, I'm done. I'm trying not to dominate threads so much anymore. Call it an early New Years Resolution if you want. 

haha    Just going as a Hippie,  that's all.   Funniest thing happened Saturday night when I posted these photos of us from the Party  ~~   My grandson messaged me with the following:

Gramz,  What is Papaw Wearing...??   lmao     Evidently Tanner thought I looked normal.     lmao 

2 people like this

59 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Evidently Tanner thought I looked normal.    

Now, that you mention it. That is hysterical on Tanner's part without even realizing it like you're hopeless or a lost cause Gramz, but there's still time to save Papaw though if he acts fast. Bah! Ha! Ha! 

Keen observation there Gramz. I like people who poke fun at themselves in jest. You're a good sport. :thmup:

Every time, I think of the word hippie I think of that line from the movie from "Dodgeball." 

"Hey, how'd you get my address & discover where I live? The Freedom Of Information Act. The hippies finally got something right."  

That joke never gets old. :D

1 person likes this

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Who else has been loving this fall weather?

I was just thinking this am when I went for a walk that finally, we are seeing color here.

Pretty and perfect day today! Although, I've got more walnuts to pick up......me and the squirrels that is

5 people like this

Just now, Nadine said:

I was just thinking this am when I went for a walk that finally, we are seeing color here.

Pretty and perfect day today! Although, I've got more walnuts to pick up......me and the squirrels that is

I hate walnut trees lol. Used to have a neighbor who had one and every fall for many years almost my whole yard would be covered in walnuts. They finally ended up cutting that tree down. Those walnuts go everywhere.

17 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Our yard has 2 silver oaks and a maple tree in it and their colors are beautiful.

Love seeing the leaves but will hate raking them ! lol

2 people like this

21 hours ago, southwest1 said:

So where is this new years revolution taking place?  Oh, wait.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I hate walnut trees lol. Used to have a neighbor who had one and every fall for many years almost my whole yard would be covered in walnuts. They finally ended up cutting that tree down. Those walnuts go everywhere.

They are THE WORST

I bought this house 3 years ago and it came with a huge walnut tree positioned between my house and my neighbors.

not only is the space between our houses small but also it's a hill AND he has a fence and the tree hangs over his fence and roof and allows squirrels to get on his roof AND into his house. This makes me feel terrible.

I cut it away from my house the first year and it cost $900. I had to hire tree guys that had something that looked like some kind of space robot to get all the way up there while perched in a narrow space on a hill.

To cut away from his house we'd have to hire people to get up on his roof.

I feel like he should hire someone.

I mean, it's been there for 25 years and I'm the first one to whittle away at it.

Also, walnut trees make the ground around them toxic to other plants.  I've been trying to grow a shrub on that side for three  years and it's still alive but, it's not showing any signs of getting any bigger.

Squirrels love that tree though and they are in full on get ready for winter mode, so it's funny to watch.  If it wasn't smack up against the side of my house I'd be fine with it.  But walnuts hit both of our houses like bombs and fill the gutters.

ugh!

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Who else has been loving this fall weather?

25 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Fall is the greatest season,I really miss the Midwest this time of year, I'm out in the Mojave desert, & the temps finally broke, so its nice here, but just not the same...

4 people like this

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Our yard has 2 silver oaks and a maple tree in it and their colors are beautiful.

Love seeing the leaves but will hate raking them ! lol

We don't have many leaves.  We mostly grind them up with a mulching mower.

But we do have to pick up walnuts and rotten apples.  This area used to be an orchard.

1 person likes this

I just blow the leaves into my neighbor's yard!! lol. no seriously it is so wooded  where i live, i just have to blow the leaves off the patios and sidewalks & let them decay

my old house had a few black walnuts. driving the tractor over them was like driving on ball bearings haha

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Nadine said:

I completely missed the beautiful day.  Got a call very early this morning that my father-in-law wasn't well at Church and someone from the Church took him to the ER....  

12 hours later, and dark outside,  I'm back home.   He was admitted, with pneumonia and another infection.

Maybe tomorrow I'll notice the beautiful colors outside on my drive to the hospital.   Glad you enjoyed a nice day.

46 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I completely missed the beautiful day.  Got a call very early this morning that my father-in-law wasn't well at Church and someone from the Church took him to the ER....  

12 hours later, and dark outside,  I'm back home.   He was admitted, with pneumonia and another infection.

Maybe tomorrow I'll notice the beautiful colors outside on my drive to the hospital.   Glad you enjoyed a nice day.

I hope your father in law feels much better tomorrow

2 people like this

53 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Whoa...I hope your father in law is okay & on the mend soon. I will pray for him & the rest of your family during this uneasy time. Good health is such a luxury these days. 

You're a great person Gramz & I wish nothing but the best for your loved ones. I mean that. No exaggeration. 

1 person likes this

1 last thing: Hey Gramz, 

I certainly respect your privacy. Just know this. Since you were there for me during my nephew's situation & my mother's medical mishap in terms of letting me vent about it over forum e-mail, just remember, I'll a good listener & morale booster myself. 

Something to keep in mind my friend. :hat:

Hey, I need to see if I can pinpoint Peyton Manning fan club info too. I need to get back on that. Talking out loud.

If it's the last thing I ever do, you will meet "The Sheriff," SW1 can be very persuasive. Trust me.  And that's a pledge coming from me, so unlike 1 Presidential candidate you can take it to the bank. 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Nadine said:

They are THE WORST

I bought this house 3 years ago and it came with a huge walnut tree positioned between my house and my neighbors.

not only is the space between our houses small but also it's a hill AND he has a fence and the tree hangs over his fence and roof and allows squirrels to get on his roof AND into his house. This makes me feel terrible.

I cut it away from my house the first year and it cost $900. I had to hire tree guys that had something that looked like some kind of space robot to get all the way up there while perched in a narrow space on a hill.

To cut away from his house we'd have to hire people to get up on his roof.

I feel like he should hire someone.

I mean, it's been there for 25 years and I'm the first one to whittle away at it.

Also, walnut trees make the ground around them toxic to other plants.  I've been trying to grow a shrub on that side for three  years and it's still alive but, it's not showing any signs of getting any bigger.

Squirrels love that tree though and they are in full on get ready for winter mode, so it's funny to watch.  If it wasn't smack up against the side of my house I'd be fine with it.  But walnuts hit both of our houses like bombs and fill the gutters.

ugh!

If the tree is healthy you can sell it. Walnut trees bring pretty good money. Just an idea.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If the tree is healthy you can sell it. Walnut trees bring pretty good money. Just an idea.

I was talking to someone about that.  He said that they usually only go for whole stands of trees rather than just one. Also, they are fussy about how the tree is cut down.  I would much prefer off setting the cost of taking the tree out with $ from someone who wants to buy it and put it to use.  Any idea how you find this people who buy trees?

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

I was talking to someone about that.  He said that they usually only go for whole stands of trees rather than just one. Also, they are fussy about how the tree is cut down.  I would much prefer off setting the cost of taking the tree out with $ from someone who wants to buy it and put it to use.  Any idea how you find this people who buy trees?

Let me make a phone call to a tree surgeon I know and see what he says. I will get back with you later in the day. It was a while back that a family member sold a couple of trees. He would remember.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Let me make a phone call to a tree surgeon I know and see what he says. I will get back with you later in the day. It was a while back that a family member sold a couple of trees. He would remember.

My friend said to find a local timber buyer or a local portable sawmill owner. If it is a black walnut it could be worth a little more money than others. He said yard trees are not worth as much as trees grown in the woods because of the wood density. ?   He also suggested you might find someone who would cut it down for firewood but the responsibility of any damage done would fall on you because most of these guys are not trained correctly and have no insurance.

I hope this was helpful.

The posts about walnut trees reminds me of one of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 movies. One of the characters is a walnut farmer, and , while watching the movie, Crow remarks "Don't spook the walnuts!". Maybe you had to see it, but I think that comment is hilarious!

On a serious note, Gramz, I hope that your father-in-law has a fast recovery. 

On 10/27/2016 at 2:03 PM, teganslaw said:

On a serious note, Gramz, I hope that your father-in-law has a fast recovery. 

Thank you.  Unfortunately my father in law passed away on Tuesday.  We will be having a Mass of Christian Burial tomorrow.

It has been a very long stressful couple of weeks for us.  We have had alot going on. One of my son's very best friends has been missing since October 12.  He is an avid hiker and set out to hike the Pacific Crest Trails 6 months ago.  We've been following his journey online every step of the way.  He has posted some amazing stories and photos for us to follow.   He has not been heard from since October 12 and there is an all out search underway hoping to find him and bring him home safely.  My heart aches for him.

He shared this note with us at the beginning of his journey:

14947588_1689206831394800_7687557999348393444_n.jpg?oh=00993908a0fabb849ea7069480f2fa2b&oe=589A96C1

14670666_10207672815243863_7723360670889422232_n.jpg?oh=de1b65c1af8e1e7430602ac78ac7bdba&oe=5890F0E7

One of the last photos I took of him before his journey started

Gramz Caldwell's photo.

3 people like this

14 hours ago, Gramz said:

Thank you.  Unfortunately my father in law passed away on Tuesday.  We will be having a Mass of Christian Burial tomorrow.

It has been a very long stressful couple of weeks for us.  We have had alot going on. One of my son's very best friends has been missing since October 12.  He is an avid hiker and set out to hike the Pacific Crest Trails 6 months ago.  We've been following his journey online every step of the way.  He has posted some amazing stories and photos for us to follow.   He has not been heard from since October 12 and there is an all out search underway hoping to find him and bring him home safely.  My heart aches for him.

14947588_1689206831394800_7687557999348393444_n.jpg?oh=00993908a0fabb849ea7069480f2fa2b&oe=589A96C1

14670666_10207672815243863_7723360670889422232_n.jpg?oh=de1b65c1af8e1e7430602ac78ac7bdba&oe=5890F0E7

Gramz Caldwell's photo.

I'm very sorry Gramz. You're in my prayers.

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Gramz said:

Gramz Caldwell's photo.

Sorry Gramz, my prayers are with you. Sports pales in comparison to family stuff!

1 person likes this

On 11/4/2016 at 8:37 AM, Gramz said:

Gramz Caldwell's photo.

I am so sorry. You have been through a lot in the past 6-9 months or so, starting with the loss of Tanner's maternal grandmother. You are the forum's pillar of strength (the mother of the Colts forum), offering support to others. You, your family, and Kris are in our thoughts and prayers. 

I also hope that our buddy ColtRider is doing okay. We have not heard from him in a while. 

3 people like this

On November 4, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Gramz said:

Gramz Caldwell's photo.

That 'Dust' poem was quite moving & a good lesson on perspective actually. I even saved a copy of it on my computer's desktop. It's so sad to hear about the unknown whereabouts of Kris Fowler. If anything, news likes this reminds us all to never take our family & cherished friends for granted. I will keep your family & friends in my thoughts. 

2 people like this

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I am so sorry. You have been through a lot in the past 6-9 months or so, starting with the loss of Tanner's maternal grandmother. You are the forum's pillar of strength (the mother of the Colts forum), offering support to others. You, your family, and Kris are in our thoughts and prayers. 

I also hope that our buddy ColtRider is doing okay. We have not heard from him in a while. 

Thank you.  It has been quite a year, for sure.   

1 person likes this

I started Christmas shopping early this year. Most years I am forced to since my parents are both early December birthdays, lucky me. So I often have to try to separate gifts and buy accordingly and all that jazz.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Just realized its almost Thanksgiving.

Same, I was texting my girls last night trying to get people to commit to parts of the dinner.  Thanksgiving meal is a whole big deal!

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Same, I was texting my girls last night trying to get people to commit to parts of the dinner.  Thanksgiving meal is a whole big deal!

It's my favorite holiday but it's probably because my mom is an excellent cook and she cooks enough to feed an army + football all day! Her mash potatoes and the way she cooks Turkey is something else. I love this holiday because of food and football.

4 people like this