shecolt

The "Random Stuff" Thread, Part Two

237 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Country style would have bacon grease, new potatoes and ham hocks in them cooked all day. Three ya go, real green beans! lol

I had fried green beans for the first time a few weeks ago. It was so good.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I had fried green beans for the first time a few weeks ago. It was so good.

That's what I'm talkin about. Maybe try country fried corn next time? It's pretty easy to make. Once again bacon grease is used. They don't call it grease anymore, it's called drippings. Same thing. :scratch:

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's what I'm talkin about. Maybe try country fried corn next time? It's pretty easy to make. Once again bacon grease is used. They don't call it grease anymore, it's called drippings. Same thing. :scratch:

I love bacon grease lol

2 people like this

41 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nothing like a big pot of home grown Potatoes, Green Beans, a few Tomatoes, and throw some top grade Bacon in there for added flavor.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing like a big pot of home grown Potatoes, Green Beans, a few Tomatoes, and throw some top grade Bacon in there for added flavor.

You can also substitute the bacon for some jowl bacon or fatback. Both works as well.

2 people like this

Garnishes like lemon peel or fresh herbs can add a subtle taste to your cocktails and an air of sophistication to your alcoholism

3 people like this

58 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Garnishes like lemon peel or fresh herbs can add a subtle taste to your cocktails and an air of sophistication to your alcoholism

Lol!

On August 17, 2016 at 10:23 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Bump for this crazy Ryan Lochte story. What are yalls opinions on it? 

Ryan to me is the epitome of a spoiled rich, Olympic athlete who doesn't believe that normal rules of society & codes of conduct apply to him. He should not have gotten drunk, ransacked a gas station bathroom in Rio, or lied to the police, which embarrassed himself, his sports colleagues, his sponsors, & his country. 

Was Mr. Lochte shaken down for an illegal bribe from what he thought was a local police officer? Maybe. I will give him some latitude here since most visitors in a foreign land have no idea what law enforcement officers typically wear uniform wise & if Ryan believed the man was a cop & paid him some money, I could see how that would confuse a celebrity to comply with what looks like an authority figure, especially if you are intoxicated on top of it. 

Was it a stupid thing to do? Yes. Should he have lost endorsement deals over this? Yes, because his foolishness overshadowed all the winning US athletes achieved there winning prestigious medals & you have to conduct yourself in a dignified & professional matter when you represent your homeland abroad in the public eye. 

Is Mr. Lochte the devil? No, of course not, but lying to authorities comes with a heavy price as an Olympic athlete as it should & you have to be sincere when you show contrition for your actions meaning no smirking, laughing, or joking when you apologize & explain how you know now what you did was a mistake & a gross error in judgment that cannot be tolerated under any circumstances whatsoever. 

Will he ever swim professionally again in the Olympics? No. Do I feel sorry for him? No. But SW1, he was drunk where's your compassion? To that I say this, I'm sure all participants in Rio were briefed on how to carry themselves, what to expect there, & what to not do as athletes representing America; & he chose to ignore those helpful guidelines willingly. He should have known better. 

Should Ryan be ridiculed about this behavior in Rio for the rest of his life? No, that's just cruel, & I do wish him future success away from the pool later in life. However, he never swims for the USA ever again in the Olympics. That's my position on the whole situation.  

Ryan Lochte might have the qualifications needed to enter politics. Or he could write a best selling book on the  incident.

1 person likes this

On 8/24/2016 at 8:59 AM, teganslaw said:

Ryan Lochte might have the qualifications needed to enter politics. Or he could write a best selling book on the  incident.

Aint that the truth.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:37 AM, southwest1 said:

Ryan to me is the epitome of a spoiled rich, Olympic athlete who doesn't believe that normal rules of society & codes of conduct apply to him. He should not have gotten drunk, ransacked a gas station bathroom in Rio, or lied to the police, which embarrassed himself, his sports colleagues, his sponsors, & his country. 

Was Mr. Lochte shaken down for an illegal bribe from what he thought was a local police officer? Maybe. I will give him some latitude here since most visitors in a foreign land have no idea what law enforcement officers typically wear uniform wise & if Ryan believed the man was a cop & paid him some money, I could see how that would confuse a celebrity to comply with what looks like an authority figure, especially if you are intoxicated on top of it. 

Was it a stupid thing to do? Yes. Should he have lost endorsement deals over this? Yes, because his foolishness overshadowed all the winning US athletes achieved there winning prestigious medals & you have to conduct yourself in a dignified & professional matter when you represent your homeland abroad in the public eye. 

Is Mr. Lochte the devil? No, of course not, but lying to authorities comes with a heavy price as an Olympic athlete as it should & you have to be sincere when you show contrition for your actions meaning no smirking, laughing, or joking when you apologize & explain how you know now what you did was a mistake & a gross error in judgment that cannot be tolerated under any circumstances whatsoever. 

Will he ever swim professionally again in the Olympics? No. Do I feel sorry for him? No. But SW1, he was drunk where's your compassion? To that I say this, I'm sure all participants in Rio were briefed on how to carry themselves, what to expect there, & what to not do as athletes representing America; & he chose to ignore those helpful guidelines willingly. He should have known better. 

Should Ryan be ridiculed about this behavior in Rio for the rest of his life? No, that's just cruel, & I do wish him future success away from the pool later in life. However, he never swims for the USA ever again in the Olympics. That's my position on the whole situation.  

Maybe some tar and feathers would satisfy those who are not tolerant enough to remember young immature people do stupid things?

If he has the talent to swim in the next Olympics there is not a reason not to let him swim IMO.

We all have made errors in judgment and done stupid things when young. To pay for it by a ban from the Olympics is not going to change anything. Let him have the chance to redeem himself. He is a champion swimmer and to take that away is not justice, it's revenge over a stupid mistake.

Just my take on it. :lecture:

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe some tar and feathers would satisfy those who are not tolerant enough to remember young immature people do stupid things?

If he has the talent to swim in the next Olympics there is not a reason not to let him swim IMO.

We all have made errors in judgment and done stupid things when young. To pay for it by a ban from the Olympics is not going to change anything. Let him have the chance to redeem himself. He is a champion swimmer and to take that away is not justice, it's revenge over a stupid mistake.

He was apparently drunk out of his mind too. Not excusing what he did, but hes not the first to Do Something stupid while being drunk. Personally I think its stupid that the media was ripping him to shreds when we have politicians that have done way worse than him. Rip them not Lochte.

1 person likes this

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:43 PM, shakedownstreet said:

'That's beautiful man' in my best Dr. Hook voice,

59 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Since when is aged 32 young CC1? He's not 16, 18, or 20. By your 30's, I expect a person to not make a total caboose of themselves abroad. 

You're being far too lenient on this fool if you ask me. I stand by everything I said in my original post BTW. 

He can redeem himself in other ways outside of professional swimming. The Olympics is a privilege to participate in not a God given right. 

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Since when is aged 32 young CC1? He's not 16, 18, or 20. By your 30's, I expect a person to not make a total caboose of themselves abroad. 

You're being far too lenient on this fool if you ask me. I stand by everything I said in my original post BTW. 

He can redeem himself in other ways outside of professional swimming. The Olympics is a privilege to participate in not a God given right. 

I didn't realize he was that old so I will back off that issue.

I think you are over reacting with the privilege of being in the Olympics. This guy beat out how many other swimmers with hard work just to get to the Olympics? That part was not handed to him and he did earn that. With that in mind he earned his trip to the Olympics by his dedication to that sport. He did earn a medal with that hard work and because the dude made a mistake you are ready to crucify him?  So in your mind you want him punished? He has already punished himself by acting a fool. He has and will continue to be punished with the loss of indorsements that comes with being a medalist. That he will be paying for the rest of his life but that's not enough for you?  You have appointed yourself as the judge, jury and executioner too? He is not the only one who has embarrassed himself while participating in the Olympics.

Ryan Lochte??? Can swimmers get decompression sickness??? & if so, does decompression sickness make you a horrible drunk???

Some people just give alcohol a bad name...

2 people like this

Tonight is a "first" for me.  My husband and I have been performing as a Country/Pop  Duo for twenty years.   He also has another band that goes back 40 years.  They do old school Classic Rock, Southern Rock.  Tonight we are doing a combined show with the other band.   It Should be a Great time for all of us.

2 people like this

Very sad news this morning. The decayed remains of Pac-Man have been found in the New Mexico desert. Death investigation pending... :(

Pacman-Skull--300x300.jpg

2 people like this

4 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Very sad news this morning. The decayed remains of Pac-Man have been found in the New Mexico desert. Death investigation pending... :(

Pacman-Skull--300x300.jpg

I am sorry to hear that bad news. At least Ms. Pac-Man can slow down and quit looking for him. My condolences.

1 person likes this

On September 8, 2016 at 7:31 AM, crazycolt1 said:

I didn't realize he was that old so I will back off that issue.

I think you are over reacting with the privilege of being in the Olympics. This guy beat out how many other swimmers with hard work just to get to the Olympics? That part was not handed to him and he did earn that. With that in mind he earned his trip to the Olympics by his dedication to that sport. He did earn a medal with that hard work and because the dude made a mistake you are ready to crucify him?  So in your mind you want him punished? He has already punished himself by acting a fool. He has and will continue to be punished with the loss of indorsements that comes with being a medalist. That he will be paying for the rest of his life but that's not enough for you?  You have appointed yourself as the judge, jury and executioner too? He is not the only one who has embarrassed himself while participating in the Olympics.

Ryan at age 32 should now how conduct himself responsibly as a representative of America before the entire world CC1. This isn't just a minor incident like for example illegal contraband or getting caught with a prostitute for instance. He ransacked a gas station bathroom, claimed he was robbed, & issued a false, formal statement to the police. You expect me to throw him a tinker tape parade for his honesty or something. 

I don't reward jack cabooses who lie to the police, tarnish America's reputation, & embarrass my teammates if that's what you're asking. 

What about Ryan's conduct pleases you so much? It's absurd to think that this jerk deserves a total pass from your vantage point. So, the sponsors that cut ties with him are overzealous too? Please.

22 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Ryan at age 32 should now how conduct himself responsibly as a representative of America before the entire world CC1. This isn't just a minor incident like for example illegal contraband or getting caught with a prostitute for instance. He ransacked a gas station bathroom, claimed he was robbed, & issued a false, formal statement to the police. You expect me to throw him a tinker tape parade for his honesty or something. 

I don't reward jack cabooses who lie to the police, tarnish America's reputation, & embarrass my teammates if that's what you're asking. 

What about Ryan's conduct pleases you so much? It's absurd to think that this jerk deserves a total pass from your vantage point. So, the sponsors that cut ties with him are overzealous too? Please.

C-mon SW, now you are putting words in my mouth. Where did I say he gets a free pass and I was pleased and he should be rewarded?

You have taken this way too personal by taking it upon yourself to add and put your own twist on this and what I said.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

C-mon SW, now you are putting words in my mouth. Where did I say he gets a free pass and I was pleased and he should be rewarded?

You have taken this way too personal by taking it upon yourself to add and put your own twist on this and what I said.

Look, we obviously disagree here & we will never agree on Ryan's conduct & whether he deserves a 2nd chance as an Olympic athlete. That's fine.  

"He did earn a medal with that hard work and because the dude made a mistake you are ready to crucify him?  So in your mind you want him punished? He has already punished himself by acting a fool...You have appointed yourself as the judge, jury and executioner too?" -CC1

Those are your exact words CC1. It sure sounds like you are giving Ryan if not a pass, then pretty favorable treatment for arrogant, stupidity for his less than dignified behavior. I haven't appointed myself a magistrate over Mr. Lochte's life or future earnings at all merely pointing out that that a 32 yr. old man must take responsibility for his own actions & the consequences that transpire in the aftermath of such activity. 

Did I threaten him by firing squad? No. Did I demand that he never be allowed to earn an income ever again? No. Did I claim in any way that Mr. Lochte was evil in any way? No. I simply said that this man doesn't deserve to represent America in the Olympics ever again. He's not a child & foolish decisions have consequences. 

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Look, we obviously disagree here & we will never agree on Ryan's conduct & whether he deserves a 2nd chance as an Olympic athlete. That's fine.  

"He did earn a medal with that hard work and because the dude made a mistake you are ready to crucify him?  So in your mind you want him punished? He has already punished himself by acting a fool...You have appointed yourself as the judge, jury and executioner too?" -CC1

Those are your exact words CC1. It sure sounds like you are giving Ryan if not a pass, then pretty favorable treatment for arrogant, stupidity for his less than dignified behavior. I haven't appointed myself a magistrate over Mr. Lochte's life or future earnings at all merely pointing out that that a 32 yr. old man must take responsibility for his own actions & the consequences that transpire in the aftermath of such activity. 

Did I threaten him by firing squad? No. Did I demand that he never be allowed to earn an income ever again? No. Did I claim in any way that Mr. Lochte was evil in any way? No. I simply said that this man doesn't deserve to represent America in the Olympics ever again. He's not a child & foolish decisions have consequences. 

He already has taken responsibility. What more do you want?

You even continue to put your own twist to what I said and that is not what I said.

Your comments sound more of a hatred thing and why I have no clue. The dude made a mistake. He is paying for his mistake. But not enough in your eyes.

On September 18, 2016 at 0:58 AM, crazycolt1 said:

He already has taken responsibility. What more do you want?

You even continue to put your own twist to what I said and that is not what I said.

Your comments sound more of a hatred thing and why I have no clue. The dude made a mistake. He is paying for his mistake. But not enough in your eyes.

I didn't twist anything you said CC1. I am merely not gonna give an adult a pass simply because he did a TV interview appearing as contrite. It's all fake. I see entitled caboose holes like this all the time. You reap what you sew & I don't feel sorry for this jerk one bit. 

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I didn't twist anything you said CC1. I am merely not gonna give an adult a pass simply because he did a TV interview appearing as contrite. It's all fake. I see entitled caboose holes like this all the time. You reap what you sew & I don't feel sorry for this jerk one bit. 

Sorry SW but when you start your comment with " it sounds like" and then adding your own interpretation of what was said it is twisting the intent of my comment.

But it's all good. I guess I just don't have the attitude of punishing someone who made a mistake as harsh as you.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry SW but when you start your comment with " it sounds like" and then adding your own interpretation of what was said it is twisting the intent of my comment.

But it's all good. I guess I just don't have the attitude of punishing someone who made a mistake as harsh as you.

Bad Behavior has consequences & the reason he destroyed a gas station bathroom & issued a formal false statement to the police is that he felt that the rules of ordinary society didn't apply to him & that his cache as an Olympic champion made him invincible or untouchable. Well, he learned the hard way that his sponsors & Olympic selection committee powers that be felt otherwise. It's as simple as that CC1. He did all of this to himself; not me or anybody else. 

I have zero tolerance for anyone that lies to the police period or issues a statement they know is false just to save face. I stand by everything I said & I am tired of so many people making excuses for this bums arrogant behavior.

We disagree & that's okay. I know your position & you know mine. Carry on CC1. Carry on. :D 

Went fishing in a little half acre country pond, and caught myself a very very random 1.5 foot Muskie and at least 20 decent sized Black Crappie. 

Anyone who is a fisherman can tell you that this shouldn't happen lol

I can't share the pictures because my phone is a piece of crap and doesn't play nice with this site. But I assure you that it wasn't an impressive fish, just strange. 

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I wonder why football players  are not given the same benefit of the doubt for their indiscretions/ bad behavior! Almost all are younger than Lochte. Lochte is 32, not 23!! Manziel gets killed in the media for his behavior and he is much younger.  (And I am not excusing Manziel's actions either.) Do you remember how much the fans here were disparaging Cam Newton for his behavior during that press conference after the Super Bowl. And what he did was not criminal. Why is Lochte getting a pass and being celebrated with a spot on Dancing With the Stars?  There is clearly a double standard.

So, yeah, I agree with you on this one. (And we often disagree haha)

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I wonder why football players  are not given the same benefit of the doubt for their indiscretions/ bad behavior! Almost all are younger than Lochte. Lochte is 32, not 23!! Manziel gets killed in the media for his behavior and he is much younger.  (And I am not excusing Manziel's actions either.) Do you remember how much the fans here were disparaging Cam Newton for his behavior during that press conference. And what he did was not criminal. Why is Lochte getting a pass and being celebrated with a spot on Dancing With the Stars?  There is clearly a double standard.

Because NFL players sign contracts that are clear on what is against the rules.

We are taking our grandson (a big Bengals fan)  to the Bengals/Broncos game this Sunday.  He has forbidden me to wear any Broncos gear, because according to Tanner  "that would be back luck"   haha

Oh the powers I have....   like what I wear is what would keep the Bengals from beating the Broncos :scratch:  haha

I love my grandson,  I'll honor his request and wear my Colts stuff.   haha  :hat: 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

We are taking our grandson (a big Bengals fan)  to the Bengals/Broncos game this Sunday.  He has forbidden me to wear any Broncos gear, because according to Tanner  "that would be back luck"   haha

Oh the powers I have....   like what I wear is what would keep the Bengals from beating the Broncos :scratch:  haha

I love my grandson,  I'll honor his request and wear my Colts stuff.   haha  :hat: 

That should be a good game. I'm rooting for Tanner and the Bengals in this game. Enjoy it. :)

While you and Tanner are at that game, I will be at the Washington -- NY Giants game with a friend on Sunday.  He and I go a Giants game once a year. I enjoy going to any football game, regardless of what teams are playing. :D

(Have you heard from our friend, the person behind the Random Stuff thread? I miss her a lot.)

2 people like this

On September 20, 2016 at 2:03 PM, NFLfan said:

I wonder why football players  are not given the same benefit of the doubt for their indiscretions/ bad behavior! Almost all are younger than Lochte. Lochte is 32, not 23!! Manziel gets killed in the media for his behavior and he is much younger.  (And I am not excusing Manziel's actions either.) Do you remember how much the fans here were disparaging Cam Newton for his behavior during that press conference after the Super Bowl. And what he did was not criminal. Why is Lochte getting a pass and being celebrated with a spot on Dancing With the Stars?  There is clearly a double standard.

It's cool NFLfan. I respect you as a regular poster on the Forum because you always explain to me why you believe what you believe. You're good at getting beneath the surface & telling me what concerns you most. 

You're signature about Bridgewater was very funny BTW. 

The reason people slammed Cam is that his dabbing got a little excessive & then when Von Miller & Orange Crush knocked him off his invincibility QB perch, he acted like a cry baby, refused to answer questions, & had no idea how to a professional as the face of the Panthers franchise. Greg Olson took questions, acted like a man, & didn't run away like Newton did he? You see, Cam can't only be a professional when he wins. He has to take the heat even when he loses the SB. To his credit, Newton has improved on the professional front. 

I agree with ya on Lochte His Dancing With Stars appearance seems odd to me. I don't blame him personally for doing the show for money if he wants to...Just the offer by the producers itself this fast. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That should be a good game. I'm rooting for Tanner and the Bengals in this game. Enjoy it. :)

While you and Tanner are at that game, I will be at the Washington -- NY Giants game with a friend on Sunday.  He and I go a Giants game once a year. I enjoy going to any football game, regardless of what teams are playing. :D

(Have you heard from our friend, the person behind the Random Stuff thread? I miss her a lot.)

Yes, I actually chatted with her today.  I will tell her you asked about her.

2 people like this

On September 20, 2016 at 0:09 PM, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Went fishing in a little half acre country pond, and caught myself a very very random 1.5 foot Muskie and at least 20 decent sized Black Crappie. 

Anyone who is a fisherman can tell you that this shouldn't happen lol

I can't share the pictures because my phone is a piece of crap and doesn't play nice with this site. But I assure you that it wasn't an impressive fish, just strange. 

I'm no fisherman Gabriel, but congrats on catching a "strange" looking fish though.

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Yes, I actually chatted with her today.  I will tell her you asked about her.

Yes, please do that. Thank you. Let her know she is missed dearly and she is in my thoughts.

1 person likes this