Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else considering going to the London Colts game?

JPFolks

5 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Bump. Only 2 months to go. Time for a fresh roll call. As a mod, it is most certainly SteelCityColt's honour (honor) to organise the pre-match meeting plans, or a Saturday night beer in old London town if anyone has nothing better to do.......

Us Europeans have been waiting 10 years for this game, so give us our moment in the sun. We know some of you are miffed about playing in London......we do understand, but let this small minority of sleep deprived lunatics enjoy our moment.....

I remember from a previous thread a while back that myself, Esquire59, UKCOLT13 and yourself were definitely all going. 

I was going to start a thread sometime this month to organise something but if you or SteelCityColt are sorting something out I am happy to go with the flow on that. Just let me know what the plan is and I am game.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

I remember from a previous thread a while back that myself, Esquire59, UKCOLT13 and yourself were definitely all going. 

I was going to start a thread sometime this month to organise something but if you or SteelCityColt are sorting something out I am happy to go with the flow on that. Just let me know what the plan is and I am game.

And JPFolks as well!

On 8/2/2016 at 4:43 AM, Robin said:

Are you serious?... if so that might be the  stupidest thing ive read on the internet

You obvious not been on the internet long, or this forum for that matter.

Not a single one of my points is untrue.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

One: the time zone difference takes a while getting used too for the players

London is only 5 hours ahead of the Eastern Time Zone.... The West coast of the USA is 3 hours behind the Eastern Time Zone..... Hardly that much of a difference. Especially when they fly over on the Wednesday / Thursday and have 3 or 4 days to adjust... Coming from someone who lives in England and has family in Colorado.... (7 hour difference btw)... That is more than enough time to adjust.

Two, increased logistics for the teams.

True, but it's not like the players are lugging all of their gear around? That's what the equipment and logistics guys are paid for..... big whoop?

Three: flying over a vast amount of water is an accident waiting to happen. MH370 ring a bell?

It is WAAAAAY more dangerous to drive from Indianapolis to Cincinnati in a bus than it is to fly across the Atlantic.... You mentioned one plane that crashed in the past how long?.... How many car crashes are there EVERYDAY in the USA?.... Jesus dude....

Four: the fans are shorted a home game here in the states,  where a vast majority of the teams fans are located.

It's a Jag's home game that is being shorted, not the Colts.... Also wow that is incredibly selfish to just flippantly waive international fans right's to see their favorite team.... It's not like it happens every other game, or year.... or decade for that matter....

Five: National Football League....Not international football league.

This is so ridiculous I dont even know where to begin....

Six: Europe, London etc are vastly unsafe. How many terrorist attacks again? And with thousands of ISIS members hiding upon hundreds of thousands of refuges over there, an international football game that would hit 2 American teams at the same time presents a very appealing target to those terrorists.

How many people in America have been killed by guns in 2016? I would wager that number is higher from January to today's date than it is for England's past 100 years combined. Also, ISIS is not a realistic threat to you or me or American Sports teams..... Did you know that over the past 5 years somewhere between 82% and 97% of terrorist attacks take place in the Middle East against OTHER Muslims.... Not Americans, not Christians, not the West.... amongst themselves.... 

11 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

One: the time zone difference takes a while getting used too for the players

London is only 5 hours ahead of the Eastern Time Zone.... The West coast of the USA is 3 hours behind the Eastern Time Zone..... Hardly that much of a difference. Especially when they fly over on the Wednesday / Thursday and have 3 or 4 days to adjust... Coming from someone who lives in England and has family in Colorado.... (7 hour difference btw)... That is more than enough time to adjust.

Two, increased logistics for the teams.

True, but it's not like the players are lugging all of their gear around? That's what the equipment and logistics guys are paid for..... big whoop?

Three: flying over a vast amount of water is an accident waiting to happen. MH370 ring a bell?

It is WAAAAAY more dangerous to drive from Indianapolis to Cincinnati in a bus than it is to fly across the Atlantic.... You mentioned one plane that crashed in the past how long?.... How many car crashes are there EVERYDAY in the USA?.... Jesus dude....

Four: the fans are shorted a home game here in the states,  where a vast majority of the teams fans are located.

It's a Jag's home game that is being shorted, not the Colts.... Also wow that is incredibly selfish to just flippantly waive international fans right's to see their favorite team.... It's not like it happens every other game, or year.... or decade for that matter....

Five: National Football League....Not international football league.

This is so ridiculous I dont even know where to begin....

Six: Europe, London etc are vastly unsafe. How many terrorist attacks again? And with thousands of ISIS members hiding upon hundreds of thousands of refuges over there, an international football game that would hit 2 American teams at the same time presents a very appealing target to those terrorists.

How many people in America have been killed by guns in 2016? I would wager that number is higher from January to today's date than it is for England's past 100 years combined. Also, ISIS is not a realistic threat to you or me or American Sports teams..... Did you know that over the past 5 years somewhere between 82% and 97% of terrorist attacks take place in the Middle East against OTHER Muslims.... Not Americans, not Christians, not the West.... amongst themselves.... 

For the sake of this thread, I'm not gonna divulge into a deep debate on this especially on a comment I made months ago, but I openly admit, I'm a huge fan of isolationism.  My opinion doesn't matter in the grand scheme, I admit that as well. 

On a side note, I do feel extremely proud that England wants so hard to be the US.

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

For the sake of this thread, I'm not gonna divulge into a deep debate on this especially on a comment I made months ago, but I openly admit, I'm a huge fan of isolationism.  My opinion doesn't matter in the grand scheme, I admit that as well. 

On a side note, I do feel extremely proud that England wants so hard to be the US.

I'll stop after this comment as well then, but to the emboldened text, that is how bigotry, racism and ignorance are born. 

21 hours ago, csmopar said:

I've been on the internet ever since it was around... and i've been on this forum longer than you.. and the old one for that matter.. 

so that tell a lot about your post. it's just of ignorance, and is narrow-minded.

4 hours ago, Robin said:

I've been on the internet ever since it was around... and i've been on this forum longer than you.. and the old one for that matter.. 

so that tell a lot about your post. it's just of ignorance, and is narrow-minded.

Whatever.

You obviously missed my point

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Let's not derail this from its actual purpose......

The misses and I are going would love to meet for a drink. We are thinking of staying somewhere near Regent St as I hear that is where festivities take place on the Saturday. 

• 1 month later...
On 03/08/2016 at 4:13 PM, csmopar said:

Probably a good idea to brush up on your geography as well.  The game is in the UK.

Anyway, my wife, 2 kids and myself will be there and looking forward to the weekend.  I have been to NFL games before but they have always been when I was working in Atlanta so it will be good to see the Colts for a change.

• 3 weeks later...

Not long to go now. Live in London so gonna head up to Regent street Saturday afternoon for the fan rally and then The Admiralty pub in Trafalgar Square is where it seems the Colts fans are gonna be based on Saturday evening. 

I've been to 2 games in Indy and the people have been so warm and friendly. Hopefully it will be good to welcome some Americans to our corner of the world and show you some British hospitality! (This will involve mainly drinking)

On 9/6/2016 at 1:11 AM, chrisroberts said:

Like buses, after never seeing them live, I get to watch the Colts live twice in two weeks. I have my first visit to Indy for the Chargers, then land back in the UK 6am Sunday morning ready to head straight to Wembley for the game!

Great first game to go to :) A tense one but the W feels good!

Really hope we can stick it to the Jags next week for my first ever Colts game!

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

Great first game to go to :) A tense one but the W feels good!

Really hope we can stick it to the Jags next week for my first ever Colts game!

Loved it, and my time in Indy this weekend! Game was tense, but stadium and experience was awesome.

Jags still shaky, so hopefully can build on this weekend with some consistent offense and bring it back to 2-2.

16 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Me? Just bought ticket today. Wife had surgery on her ankle on Monday, so held off until I knew she was ok. Only flying in from South France, so no biggie. Hopefully my win streak (1/1) continues!

I hope you have a great time and bring every bit of your luck to our team!!!

Sadly I am not in London.  The work I do extended into and devoured an entire 6 week vacation we had planned for 2 years supposedly ending with the London game.  I sent my wife on her own to Texas to see family and I am still buried in work and far from finished.  I am really bummed as I doubt I will have a chance to see the Colts outside of the country again in my lifetime.  (Not in good health).  I really wanted to meet as many of you European Colts fans as I could as I love traveling and hanging with locals and making worldwide friendships.  I hope you all have a great time and I will be watching like most Colts fans here on TV.   

If any of you get together because of this post, please tip a drink and be glad you're meeting new folks from far and wide.  I have spent my adult life bringing musicians together and I wanted this to be a chance for me to meet up with fellow Football fans overseas as I spent many years playing before switching to music.  Enjoy it! And let's all hope for a win!

I have been to England many times. More specifically to Stockton on the Tees. I have had more greasy fish and chips than you could ever imagine. I had Thanksgiving in an Indian restaurant.  All curry. No turkey there on Thanksgiving.

Jet lag is a real problem. Much more than the five hour time difference. Believe m on that.

8 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Sadly I am not in London.  The work I do extended into and devoured an entire 6 week vacation we had planned for 2 years supposedly ending with the London game.  I sent my wife on her own to Texas to see family and I am still buried in work and far from finished.  I am really bummed as I doubt I will have a chance to see the Colts outside of the country again in my lifetime.  (Not in good health).  I really wanted to meet as many of you European Colts fans as I could as I love traveling and hanging with locals and making worldwide friendships.  I hope you all have a great time and I will be watching like most Colts fans here on TV.   

If any of you get together because of this post, please tip a drink and be glad you're meeting new folks from far and wide.  I have spent my adult life bringing musicians together and I wanted this to be a chance for me to meet up with fellow Football fans overseas as I spent many years playing before switching to music.  Enjoy it! And let's all hope for a win!

Sorry to hear that JP. Hope you get another chance. I'll raise a glass in your honour. Go well sir....

14 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I am really sorry to hear you are going to miss this.  I know how much you must have been looking forward to it.   On the bright side, it sounds like work is keeping you busy,  that's a good thing.  Job Security. :)