Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else considering going to the London Colts game?

JPFolks

Hi Folks, 

We'll be on tour in Europe for 5 weeks and we can route ourselves to be at that game the night we end the trip.  I wonder if any other board members are considering going to the game over there (or have ever been to an out of country NFL game)?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I'll be there. Like you I was planning on being in Europe the week before so decided to get tickets when they were announced and extend my stay an extra week. London will be the last stop on my trip. Really looking forward to it.

How much were tickets and are they still available through box office or only via resellers?

Me and my wife and 2 other couples are certainly discussing the likely possibility of doing so. Need to start saving my aluminum cans now though to afford the tickets lol. We may seriously get to do this. 70-30 chance right now

14 hours ago, csmopar said:

Nope. Totally against teams having to play in London or any other country for that matter...

Yeah don't let the rabid colts fans of the UK & Europe get to watch them at a sociable hour and in person for once in there lives.

52 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Yeah don't let the rabid colts fans of the UK & Europe get to watch them at a sociable hour and in person for once in there lives.

Don't you all have soccer to follow?  

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

So your not going is a protest of sorts?

No, and even if it was, I highly doubt my 1 ticket or lack thereof, is gonna send a message to the nfl....

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why?

For a few reasons.

One: the time zone difference takes a while getting used too for the players 

Two, increased logistics for the teams

Three: flying over a vast amount of water is an accident waiting to happen. MH370 ring a bell?

Four: the fans are shorted a home game here in the states,  where a vast majority of the teams fans are located.

Five: National Football League....Not international football league.

Six: Europe, London etc are vastly unsafe. How many terrorist attacks again? And with thousands of ISIS members hiding upon hundreds of thousands of refuges over there, an international football game that would hit 2 American teams at the same time presents a very appealing target to those terrorists.

Has the league been playing there for years now without issues? Yes, that still doesn't make it smart in my opinion.

14 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Me and my wife and 2 other couples are certainly discussing the likely possibility of doing so. Need to start saving my aluminum cans now though to afford the tickets lol. We may seriously get to do this. 70-30 chance right now

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

No, and even if it was, I highly doubt my 1 ticket or lack thereof, is gonna send a message to the nfl....

For a few reasons.

Three: flying over a vast amount of water is an accident waiting to happen. MH370 ring a bell?

Four: the fans are shorted a home game here in the states,  where a vast majority of the teams fans are located.

Six: Europe, London etc are vastly unsafe. How many terrorist attacks again? And with thousands of ISIS members hiding upon hundreds of thousands of refuges over there, an international football game that would hit 2 American teams at the same time presents a very appealing target to those terrorists.

Has the league been playing there for years now without issues? Yes, that still doesn't make it smart in my opinion.

Based on your points 1 & 2 - should the league prevent Seattle and the Jets from ever playing against each other?

And point # 3 - oh boy, not sure where to begin.  How is flying over lots of water really any different than flying over a large expanse of land?  

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Based on your points 1 & 2 - should the league prevent Seattle and the Jets from ever playing against each other?

And point # 3 - oh boy, not sure where to begin.  How is flying over lots of water really any different than flying over a large expanse of land?  

At least on ground...we'd find the wreckage....assuming an emergency landing isnt made........ 

As to point one, at least it's in this country.....

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

For a few reasons.

#1- people get used to it every day. #2- they play a different game over seas?  #3- Flying over water? #4-part of increasing revenue and expanding the game. #5-Then why are the champions called the world champions? #6-Terrorist attacks? World Trade Center. The British have a lot more control over their borders and who comes and go in their country than we do. You mention soccer, the biggest sport in the world. You don't think the NFL owners don't want to push the NFL like the owners of soccer teams do? The NFL is a business and just the thought of the NFL putting a dent in that fan base is very appealing.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

For a few reasons.

As someone who travels back and forth to other countries a lot, this sounds like pablum from a very limited traveler.  That's fine, but your paranoia and lack of experience doesn't put you in the best light. 

Get out and see the world.  Ironically the biggest lesson is everyone is pretty much the same when you get down to it, including countries as well as their people and lifestyles.  We go to towns in Germany and France that are completely indistinguishable from any similar small town in Indiana to the eye... same businesses, restaurants, cars, signage, etc.  The biggest difference is history, landmarks and language, but even in the USA, you can find similar differences if you travel it widely.  

I meant this post to be a positive one hoping to perhaps get some of the Colts fans from Europe and thed states in for the game together possibly pre or post game at a nearby pub or restaurant.  Sorry some took it as a chance to be paranoid and xenophobic.  

PS: People aren't allowed to like both versions of Football? Did you read what you wrote before posting? 

9 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

As someone who travels back and forth to other countries a lot, this sounds like pablum from a very limited traveler.  That's fine, but your paranoia and lack of experience doesn't put you in the best light. 

Get out and see the world.  Ironically the biggest lesson is everyone is pretty much the same when you get down to it, including countries as well as their people and lifestyles.  We go to towns in Germany and France that are completely indistinguishable from any similar small town in Indiana to the eye... same businesses, restaurants, cars, signage, etc.  The biggest difference is history, landmarks and language, but even in the USA, you can find similar differences if you travel it widely.  

I meant this post to be a positive one hoping to perhaps get some of the Colts fans from Europe and thed states in for the game together possibly pre or post game at a nearby pub or restaurant.  Sorry some took it as a chance to be paranoid and xenophobic.  

PS: People aren't allowed to like both versions of Football? Did you read what you wrote before posting? 

Actually, I've traveled quite a bit, yes I've been to Europe. I've traveled extensively throughout Germany, plus still have family over there, I've also been to Holland, Belgium,  Luxemburg,  Austria and Switzerland. I've also traveled in all but 7 states in the USA thus far. I fly quite often, not afraid or paranoid of flying. Matter of fact, I was going for my private license before starting a family,  stopped at 53 hours, kind of got tight on money and the cost just wasn't worth it.

However,

There's a difference between me flying around the world and a team full of professional players, I go down, big whoop, they go down and the entire team, franchise and city suffer.

Plus, without getting into a political debate, just gonna say I'm sick of seeing things that are American sent overseas. 

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

For a few reasons.

Yes we have soccer, but NFL is better, I've been a fan since I was a small child since my dad is from Fort Wayne. Don't you have baseball or basketball or hockey to watch?

1. Time difference between East Coast and London is hardly any different from west coast to east coast.

2. Yeah booking a private plane and hotels in another country instead of another city must be sooo difficult for the professionals doing it.

3. Yeah because if the plane crashes over land everyone will be fine...

4. You also get to watch it on TV and experience what it's like for every fan not in your state for once in your lives.

5. Your soccer clubs don't play overseas sometimes? Basketball does it. Why not football? Does nothing but good for the sport reaching a wider audience.

6. One. We have had one. Over ten years ago. You've had more than us. We have less guns. And a whole lot more public safety because of that. And refugees? Really? Yeah, a young family from the Middle East, colour me terrified. Aren't you late for a Donald Trump rally somewhere?

It sounds to me like you know absolutely nothing about the UK, so I'd avoid making negative comments about it.

I apologise to the mods for this all getting a little political, but I'm going to point the finger and say I didn't start it. 

1 hour ago, UKColt13 said:

Yes we have soccer, but NFL is better, I've been a fan since I was a small child since my dad is from Fort Wayne. Don't you have baseball or basketball or hockey to watch?

1. Time difference between East Coast and London is hardly any different from west coast to east coast.

2. Yeah booking a private plane and hotels in another country instead of another city must be sooo difficult for the professionals doing it.

4. You also get to watch it on TV and experience what it's like for every fan not in your state for once in your lives.

5. Your soccer clubs don't play overseas sometimes? Basketball does it. Why not football? Does nothing but good for the sport reaching a wider audience.

6. One. We have had one. Over ten years ago. You've had more than us. We have less guns. And a whole lot more public safety because of that. And refugees? Really? Yeah, a young family from the Middle East, colour me terrified. Aren't you late for a Donald Trump rally somewhere?

It sounds to me like you know absolutely nothing about the UK, so I'd avoid making negative comments about it.

I apologise to the mods for this all getting a little political, but I'm going to point the finger and say I didn't start it. 

All valid points...except for the Trump thing. That dude worries me

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

You'd think given that Indy is "Circle City" you think Indy fans would be stoked that the team is going to the spiritual home of the roundabout..

lifemagi1.jpg

Haha, I'll give the Brits and the rest of Europe this, they do know how to actually drive in a round about, unlike so many drivers here in the US. My town decided to put one in on a semi major intersection, there is literally an accident there at least twice a day. And they want to put another on the opposite side of town, which is the main drag, its gonna be interesting.

anyway, back to the topic, 

No, I'm not going to the game, next

On 2/18/2016 at 5:23 PM, csmopar said:

Actually, I've traveled quite a bit, yes I've been to Europe. I've traveled extensively throughout Germany, plus still have family over there, I've also been to Holland, Belgium,  Luxemburg,  Austria and Switzerland. I've also traveled in all but 7 states in the USA thus far. I fly quite often, not afraid or paranoid of flying. Matter of fact, I was going for my private license before starting a family,  stopped at 53 hours, kind of got tight on money and the cost just wasn't worth it.

However,

There's a difference between me flying around the world and a team full of professional players, I go down, big whoop, they go down and the entire team, franchise and city suffer.

Plus, without getting into a political debate, just gonna say I'm sick of seeing things that are American sent overseas. 

Odd combination of a xenophobic world traveller. 

As for US things sent overseas, we spread our culture around the world regularly and nothing is more uniquely American in sports than Football.  I'd love to see it spread just like free speech, liberty, capitalism and a host of other positive American values.  It's no longer baseball and Apple Pie.... it's Football and Burgers.  I've been to over 30 countries and US culture and influence is prevalent and positive everywhere I have been.   

Flying is safer than driving.  International flights over the ocean instigated by US carriers are about as safe as anything they could do.  Flying in the US from Seattle to Miami is certainly as risky as Indy/Jacksonville to London.  I agree that giving up a home game sucks for Jacksonville fans, but their attendance is so poor it was a needed revenue decision to expand ticket sales and fan base income.  They seem destined to lose their team, but in the short term, it may be giving them more time with a local team to cheer for.  

On February 18, 2016 at 2:48 PM, UKColt13 said:

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!!!!!!!!!

bow down!!!!!

he's not worthy... he's not worthy!!!!!!

+1

On 2/18/2016 at 5:48 PM, UKColt13 said:

yeah that did get a little political

Not cool to diss an entire country

That's enough though

On 2/19/2016 at 5:51 AM, csmopar said:

Haha, I'll give the Brits and the rest of Europe this, they do know how to actually drive in a round about, unlike so many drivers here in the US. My town decided to put one in on a semi major intersection, there is literally an accident there at least twice a day. And they want to put another on the opposite side of town, which is the main drag, its gonna be interesting.

anyway, back to the topic, 

No, I'm not going to the game, next

We've got some crazy round abouts here.  Triples and quadruples with ramps leading on and off 31 everywhere

When I go through them, I'm alert in case there is someone not local because it really is confusing, especially at night.

I'm a 20 minutes train ride from Wembley, but I'm not going in case a bunch of gun weilding llama's hijack the train and order the driver to take them to a Jihad hideaway in the Highlands of Scotland, where a captured James Bond is being held to ransom along with Mrs Doubtfire and Shrek. Far too dangerous, so I'll just watch it on the tv like I usually do.

Or maybe I'll take a risk and go....

16 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

While I think we win at roundabouts, I think the US has got it nailed when it comes to Interstate (Motorway) Junctions. My favorite: 

91c6f2f4ba6e69c8cb751820f1dd070b.jpg

Sorry I am late boss, I got lost on the interstate ramps and drove around an hour just looking for a way off! haha

• 5 months later...

Bump. Only 2 months to go. Time for a fresh roll call. As a mod, it is most certainly SteelCityColt's honour (honor) to organise the pre-match meeting plans, or a Saturday night beer in old London town if anyone has nothing better to do.......

Us Europeans have been waiting 10 years for this game, so give us our moment in the sun. We know some of you are miffed about playing in London......we do understand, but let this small minority of sleep deprived lunatics enjoy our moment.....

4 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Bump. Only 2 months to go. Time for a fresh roll call. As a mod, it is most certainly SteelCityColt's honour (honor) to organise the pre-match meeting plans, or a Saturday night beer in old London town if anyone has nothing better to do.......

Us Europeans have been waiting 10 years for this game, so give us our moment in the sun. We know some of you are miffed about playing in London......we do understand, but let this small minority of sleep deprived lunatics enjoy our moment.....

I'm going too and would love to meet for a drink or something!

On 18/2/2016 at 7:08 PM, csmopar said:

For a few reasons.

Are you serious?... if so that might be the  stupidest thing ive read on the internet