Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D fence weak pts.

4 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

We need more explosive play makers on defense. Especially at pass rush. And we need to to control the LOS better on offense, that will actually help our defensive performance as well. 

I agree. if the o can stay on the field a little longer, defense isn't gassed all the time.

Our defense is old. Its lacking young playmakers. We need some impact young players at OLB, ILB, S, and CB. I think the DL is alright. Anderson is going to be a really, really good DE. I think his pass rush will improve and he'll be an all around 34 end who can stop the run and put pressure on the QB.

Sign Sean Smith. Trade for Kiko Alonso. Draft Noah Spence and Karl Joseph. I still think Spence will fall right into our lap because of his off the field history. A lot of teams picking early will be scared to draft him. Lets just hope Grigson pulls the trigger, because like I've been saying the whole time. This kid is legit. He can be one of the top 10 EDGE rushers in the league by his 2nd season.

1 hour ago, jim scheurich said:

seems like a lot of people think our d is old. maybe it is. I personally think line is getting better. backers are pretty good. I think we really need a shut down corner, vontaes pretty good, but if we could get another corner of his talent level, I think d would improve a lot.

CBS are nothing without a pass rush. We need inside and outside LBs.

1 minute ago, crestmount said:

We need pass rush as a priority, and a playmaking CB--nothing in FA to get excited about

I agree that there aren't really any great pass rushers in FA, but there's plenty of talent at CB to get excited about. Sean Smith, Trumaine Johnson, Janoris Jenkins, and Casey Hayward are all quality CBs that have a decent chance of hitting free agency. If we can sign one of those 4, we can concentrate on pass rushers in the DRAFT. 

6 minutes ago, MasterCrief said:

I agree that there aren't really any great pass rushers in FA, but there's plenty of talent at CB to get excited about. Sean Smith, Trumaine Johnson, Janoris Jenkins, and Casey Hayward are all quality CBs that have a decent chance of hitting free agency. If we can sign one of those 4, we can concentrate on pass rushers in the DRAFT. 

you know what, a good corner offsets pass rush.

10 minutes ago, jim scheurich said:

you know what, a good corner offsets pass rush.

Not really. They cant cover all day while the QB has forever to get rid of the ball. LOL. Its actually the opposite. Pass rush is one of the most important things on the entire team.

Defense people is what the Colts need.  If they can build a monster on the Defensive side, it puts the opposing team to play their defense out on the field and tire them out.  The Colts offense can penetrate through easily with tired opposing players.....

I feel pretty good about the DL and ILB, but we definitely need a young rush OLB, multiple CBs, and another young safety.  In addition, a young, versatile DL over 310 lbs would give us better rotation for the NT position and better insulation against a slow start by injured Henry Anderson (a lesser priority than Rush OLB and CB, but probably higher than S).

On February 14, 2016 at 0:49 PM, COLTS449 said:

Sign Sean Smith. Trade for Kiko Alonso. Draft Noah Spence and Karl Joseph. I still think Spence will fall right into our lap because of his off the field history. A lot of teams picking early will be scared to draft him. Lets just hope Grigson pulls the trigger, because like I've been saying the whole time. This kid is legit. He can be one of the top 10 EDGE rushers in the league by his 2nd season.

I think yoiu need to prepare for the probability that Spence is going to be gone long before we even have a chance to pick.

Someone is going to gamble that his off-the-field issues are long past and that his best football is ahead.

Two months ago,  it seemed likely Spence would be there at 18.     But now after the Senior Bowl,  the chances are much less than 50/50,  IMO.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I think yoiu need to prepare for the probability that Spence is going to be gone long before we even have a chance to pick.

Someone is going to gamble that his off-the-field issues are long past and that his best football is ahead.

Two months ago,  it seemed likely Spence would be there at 18.     But now after the Senior Bowl,  the chances are much less than 50/50,  IMO.

So you're telling me there's a chance...? haha jk

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

4 years and we haven`t BUILT anything on D.
 Nice job Grigs & Chuckie. Come on Man!!

Could you possibly be more clueless?       Nice job Chuckie?

You think part of the strain between the two men hasn't been centered around the fact that Grigson has done a poor job getting good pieces for that side of the ball?      I mean, ya think?!?

You think Pagano has been happy with what Grigson has done?     Heck, we had to fire Manusky and he was doing it all with smoke and mirrors and a lot of duct-tape.

But you just can't resist taking shots......     hence the expression "when all you are is a hammer,  everything looks like a nail."

Come on Man!!

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As of now there's a very good chance he'll be there at 18. But if he blows up after the combine, then I think we should even trade up for him. But I think he'll be somewhere in the 12-20 range.

21 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

As of now there's a very good chance he'll be there at 18. But if he blows up after the combine, then I think we should even trade up for him. But I think he'll be somewhere in the 12-20 range.

Unless his off-the-field profile is worse than is currently publicly known,  then I think the chances of him getting past 12 are very, very slim.     He was fabulous at the Senior Bowl.   And the buzz on him is strong.    If he does well at the combine, and his off-the-field stuff has been cleaned up,   then he's a lock for top-10.     And, at that point,  he's likely too expensive for us to go trade for.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:16 PM, COLTS449 said:

Not really. They cant cover all day while the QB has forever to get rid of the ball. LOL. Its actually the opposite. Pass rush is one of the most important things on the entire team.

this is obviously true. I wasn't implying to get all star corners and forget d-line. P.s. i'm old school i'd rather see q back pressure from the line, makes everyone elses job easier. not saying I don't like an occasional blitz.