Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 to Denver?

oldunclemark

This is total speculation.........sparked by the fact that Robert is married to a girl from Denver....

..and that the Broncos may suddenly not have a backup QB with any experience...soon.

But RG3 needs a new team and he needs a system which allows him to roll out....which is Gary Kubiak's system....

...With an injury history, Robert might be more backup than starter and, if he had to go in, he could win with that defense.

Denver most likely does need a backup and they need to invest in offensive linemen in the early part of the draft

31 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

This is total speculation.........sparked by the fact that Robert is married to a girl from Denver....

..and that the Broncos may suddenly not have a backup QB with any experience...soon.

But RG3 needs a new team and he needs a system which allows him to roll out....which is Gary Kubiak's system....

...With an injury history, Robert might be more backup than starter and, if he had to go in, he could win with that defense.

Denver most likely does need a backup and they need to invest in offensive linemen in the early part of the draft

Elway won't be interested in a QB who can't read a defense

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

He's gonna be a starter somewhere. He isn't going to sit on the bench in Denver.

He will need a simplified system with a great o-line to last an entire season as a starter. I never bought into the greatness of RG3 after year one and have never seen a player receive as many excuses for his fall from grace. It`s put up or shut for RG3! I predict he will never scratch his ROY season.

12 minutes ago, MPStack said:

He will need a simplified system with a great o-line to last an entire season as a starter. I never bought into the greatness of RG3 after year one and have never seen a player receive as many excuses for his fall from grace. It`s put up or shut for RG3! I predict he will never scratch his ROY season.

Every good coach tinkers his offense to accentuate his QB's strengths. O line will be important as it is to every QB but Robert needs to slide and avoid taking unnecessary hits. I think with a good run game and a couple of receivers Griffin can light up the league again.

2 hours ago, MPStack said:

Broncos run a Pro style offense, not a high school offense. Doesn`t make sense when they have a QB who knows the system in Brock. Elway is too smart to sign a one season wonder.

Brock is not a starting NFL QB and Elway knows it. He can do some good as a stop gap measure but he is never going to be "the man".

Griffin will be back again. He's got enough talent to do so and he was an excellent student in school so I don't think its a matter of aptitude. It took Alex Smith years before he got his career on track coming into the league as a read option guy. For the 2016 season I think he will wind up in San Fran if Kaep leaves. Or he will end up with Dallas. One of the two will happen. I haven't given up on the guy yet.

5 hours ago, MPStack said:

Broncos run a Pro style offense, not a high school offense. Doesn`t make sense when they have a QB who knows the system in Brock. Elway is too smart to sign a one season wonder.

rg3 ran the offense in washington....hardly a high school offense.

Denver is almost ceratinly starting Brock.....he's won games for them..

RG3 would be a backup in case of injury..you need that on a playoff team

Denver cannot go with a rookie backup on a team they hope return to the Super Bowl. They will have to sign a vet

3 hours ago, Live and let live said:

Brock is not a starting NFL QB and Elway knows it. He can do some good as a stop gap measure but he is never going to be "the man".

I would debate you here..but I'm not 100% sure how Elway feels about Brock, who is a free agent on March 8, I believe....

Brock did  all you can ask a backup to do ..but Elway dropped Tebow and grabbed Manning..

...A Brock-RG3 tandem would give them security in case of injury....

Robert might thrive in Kubiak's run-oriented system

4 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I really wonder when everyone will finally realize that this guy is done. He had a talent at one time but it is gone and the injury was the least factor. It has always been the me first, I decide, I'm the most important attitude of both him and his father that did the most damage to rg3's career.

He's 26..he's not done

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Elway won't be interested in a QB who can't read a defense

He doesn't read defense well but I wouldnt give up on him at his age..

..You can be taught to read defenses.//That's why, in my thought, he's a backup....right now...

..physically, hes suited for a roll out style...in a run-dominated scheme...

Robert has won games for a playoff team

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

He doesn't read defense well but I wouldnt give up on him at his age..

..You can be taught to read defenses.//That's why, in my thought, he's a backup....right now...

..physically, hes suited for a roll out style...in a run-dominated scheme...

Robert has won games for a playoff team

Yeah,   and once d coordinators figured him out he had little success

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,   and once d coordinators figured him out he had little success

Some of that was injury and  lost confidence, too, right?

When they figure you out you have try something new....maybe in a new town..with a new offense

Just speaking from a Denver standpoint....The backup is Trevor Simeon of Northwestern.

Probably a very smart boy but the next snap he takes in a real game will be his first.

My man...Jimmy Claussen may be available.....but he's probably not going to fulfill my hope for him..

RG3 has won NFL games for a playoff team. ..........I dont think he's washed up at 26..

and he's probably available at a bargain price. 

6 hours ago, MPStack said:

I agree. I thought he would be a above average to possibly a good pro after his rookie season but nothing special. I also predicted he would eventually get injured when he got drafted by the Redskins and was glad we took Andrew. What happened, he couldn't even make it out of his rookie season with getting a leg injury. I am not really sure where he could start at this point and be affective?? He would make a good backup QB IMO, a guy that come in for a game or 2 with fresh legs.

He doesn't have to be a star to be the backup...

My thought is: Denver needs an experienced hand. Matt Hasselbeck would be perfect for them but he's staying with us..

....Guys get beaten down at QB. After sometime and maturity, with a change of scenery, they can come back.

I don't want him for Indy but for Denver, where money is tight, he makes some sense

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't know that's true, QB.

Robert is not in a position to demand anything..He's got his hat in his hand

Meh. There are always gonna be QB needy teams. Picking up a free agent like Robert will give teams the option to focus on other important needs in the draft I think.

16 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Every good coach tinkers his offense to accentuate his QB's strengths. O line will be important as it is to every QB but Robert needs to slide and avoid taking unnecessary hits. I think with a good run game and a couple of receivers Griffin can light up the league again.

Yeah I feel ya the Shanahans did it just seems his best strength was getting them fired he had the run game & receivers & his back up is now the starter . 

I remember you were a huge fan back in the who should we draft days I did'nt think much of him then & very lil now .But ....

These could be the Texans chance to pick him up & I would love to see it ..

Technically...Kirk Cousins is a free agent and RG3 is still under contract...

.. I'd expect the Redskins to cut Robert before March 8 and sign Cousins long term....

Houston does make sense.....He could start out in a QB duel with Hoyer and if he shows better

he can win the job...

...But Houston could stay with what they have (I wouldn't) while Denver will have a backup job open

2 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Yeah I feel ya the Shanahans did it just seems his best strength was getting them fired he had the run game & receivers & his back up is now the starter . 

I remember you were a huge fan back in the who should we draft days I did'nt think much of him then & very lil now .But ....

These could be the Texans chance to pick him up & I would love to see it ..

When Pierre Garçon is your best receiver and your coach doesn't like you in the first place...chances are you wont succeed. Robert coming off the bench to resurrect his career would hardly be the first time a player has done so. I would love to see us pick him up too. It would bring new flavor and excitement to he and Andrew's rivalry.

50 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Redskins announce that RG3 wont be back with them for 2016 season.

No surprise....

....who calls?  Denver? Dallas? Houston?  L.A. ?

You forgot one.
RGIII-LUCK-TEXT-FEATURED-IMAGE-475.png

Now if we just resign Trent Richardson, we'll have the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall draft picks from their draft class! RGIII can shine Luck's left shoe and Trent the other. Let the dream team recommence!

On February 14, 2016 at 11:53 AM, QwizBoy said:

When Pierre Garçon is your best receiver and your coach doesn't like you in the first place...chances are you wont succeed. Robert coming off the bench to resurrect his career would hardly be the first time a player has done so. I would love to see us pick him up too. It would bring new flavor and excitement to he and Andrew's rivalry.

But I don't want a rivalry I like beating the Texans without any resistance lol so I say nay keep away from rg3 please and thanks