Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Odds to Win SB 51

loudnproudcolt

I always like to look at the odds before FA & the Draft for next year's Superbowl. Vegas is the one person who does not have a horse in the race, they just look for equal bets on everyone, so you can look at it with some cold hard logic. If you look at it as Power Rankings before FA & the Draft, we are 10th. I think that is pretty fair. Surprised to see where a couple teams are. Dallas seems very high for someone who is drafting 4th. Houston at +4200 seems low. AFC South not looking too good, but I do see improvement on the horizon. I think everyone took steps forward this year. It will be interesting to see where we are at after the draft. Only 6 short months until pre-season games. Thank god for the Combine, the Draft, and mini Camps. Helps with the withdraw symptoms!!!!!

Any thoughts on the odds below:

Arizona +1000

Atlanta +4800

Baltimore +3600

Buffalo +4200

Carolina +800

Chicago +5500

Cincy +1500

Cleve. +20000

Dallas +1600

Denver +1000

Detroit +5200

GB      +1000

Houston +4200

Indy      +1600

Jack.    +8200

K.C      +2200

L.A.      +4800

Miami   +5600

Minn.    +2400

N.E.      +700

N.O.      +6500

NYG      +4800

NYJ        +4000

Oak.       +5500

Phil.        +3800

Pitt.         +900

S.D.         +5800

S.F.           +9000

Seattle      +850

T.Bay        +8200

Tenn.        +20000

Wash.       +4500

I think if we Draft some Good Defensive players and add depth to our O.Line and maybe add a key Free Agent on Defense only the Patriots and Steelers are better than us in the AFC. If Peyton retires, we can be better than the Broncos with the right off season moves IF ANDREW STAYS HEALTHY. Bengals are the Bengals, they choke every season in the Playoffs and we are still better than everyone in our Division.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if we Draft some Good Defensive players and add depth to our O.Line and maybe add a key Free Agent on Defense only the Patriots and Steelers are better than us in the AFC. If Peyton retires, we can be better than the Broncos with the right off season moves IF ANDREW STAYS HEALTHY. Bengals are the Bengals, they choke every season in the Playoffs and we are still better than everyone in our Division.

To add to that we usually beat the Broncos for some reason anyway.

15 hours ago, buccolts said:

All meaningless. 

I agree, it is totally meaningless, but it is also nice to get a cold logical look at where we stand. I think

everyone is going to be surprised next year, since I think the defensive line, and defense as a whole is going

to take a step up. The guys Anderson, Parry, Gaithers, 2nd year is usually your biggest jump. The offense cannot look worse than it did. I see surprises next year.

14 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Don't mean to be slow, but someone please explain this to me.

For or example, to make it simple, what if I bet a dollar on the Pats, Colts, or Browns.  Respectively, what would my return be if each of those teams won the SB?

about tree fiddy

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:10 PM, loudnproudcolt said:

I always like to look at the odds before FA & the Draft for next year's Superbowl. Vegas is the one person who does not have a horse in the race, they just look for equal bets on everyone, so you can look at it with some cold hard logic. If you look at it as Power Rankings before FA & the Draft, we are 10th. I think that is pretty fair. Surprised to see where a couple teams are. Dallas seems very high for someone who is drafting 4th. Houston at +4200 seems low. AFC South not looking too good, but I do see improvement on the horizon. I think everyone took steps forward this year. It will be interesting to see where we are at after the draft. Only 6 short months until pre-season games. Thank god for the Combine, the Draft, and mini Camps. Helps with the withdraw symptoms!!!!!

Any thoughts on the odds below:

Arizona +1000

Atlanta +4800

Baltimore +3600

Buffalo +4200

Carolina +800

Chicago +5500

Cincy +1500

Cleve. +20000

Dallas +1600

Denver +1000

Detroit +5200

GB      +1000

Houston +4200

Indy      +1600

Jack.    +8200

K.C      +2200

L.A.      +4800

Miami   +5600

Minn.    +2400

N.E.      +700

N.O.      +6500

NYG      +4800

NYJ        +4000

Oak.       +5500

Phil.        +3800

Pitt.         +900

S.D.         +5800

S.F.           +9000

Seattle      +850

T.Bay        +8200

Tenn.        +20000

Wash.       +4500

What are the odds that the Colts finish 2nd or 3rd in the division? Their days of ruling the AFC South are over. This year they lost to Houston and got blown out by Jacksonville. I look for them to be 3-3 in the South which will make it difficult to be more than 8-8 overall. That is about what I think they are. They could be a game over that or a game under that. This is a rebuilding team. They didn't get that job done in the last four years. They just patched some big holes and got older doing it. I don't blame this on the players but on the GM and the coach. The fact that they were kept on board will be one the Colts will pay a price for in the coming years. Now, if Grigson becomes a draft genius, that could change but I'll bet a wide receiver is taken with a high pick in their somewhere and that Oline will not get much better anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Live and let live said:

What are the odds that the Colts finish 2nd or 3rd in the division? Their days of ruling the AFC South are over. This year they lost to Houston and got blown out by Jacksonville. I look for them to be 3-3 in the South which will make it difficult to be more than 8-8 overall. That is about what I think they are. They could be a game over that or a game under that. This is a rebuilding team. They didn't get that job done in the last four years. They just patched some big holes and got older doing it. I don't blame this on the players but on the GM and the coach. The fact that they were kept on board will be one the Colts will pay a price for in the coming years. Now, if Grigson becomes a draft genius, that could change but I'll bet a wide receiver is taken with a high pick in their somewhere and that Oline will not get much better anytime soon.

Must be tough to live in a delusional world?

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Must be tough to live in a delusional world?

How is that delusional. I think it was a pretty practical and accurate analysis. Houston beat the Colts in the division this year without a QB. I think some kind of change will happen there that separates them from the rest of the South. Jacksonville has a QB and is improving rapidly and they wiped out the Colts in their last meeting. Why is it so hard for some of you to see a 3-3 record in the division? Although, frankly, 4-2 probably means the Colts finish 8-8 overall since they haven't been better than .500 in the regular season against those teams since Peyton was in Indy.

5 hours ago, Live and let live said:

I would take Denver over either one of those teams.

Denver wont repeat if Peyton retires, mark my words. Yes they will still have a nasty Defense but Brock has to prove it to me before I can roll with him in any big playoff game. It's very tough to repeat as well. Peyton didn't do anything great vs the Pats but he didn't turn the ball over and threw 2 TD passes to set the tone early. Brock would not of beat the Pats. Peyton also brings the element of still being dangerous on any given Sunday. BB kicks FG's and doesn't go for it on 4th downs if Brock is on the other side. Ok now regarding the Colts, we are still the best team in the Division and will win our Division of Andrew stays healthy but we need a good Draft and Free Agency to go deep in the Playoffs, JMO.

On 2/12/2016 at 0:10 AM, loudnproudcolt said:

Only 6 short months until pre-season games. Thank god for the Combine, the Draft, and mini Camps. Helps with the withdraw symptoms!!!!!

As much as I love football, I'm in no hurry to get to next season. Time goes by quick enough without me wishing football season to get here quicker. When you get older, you want time to slow down, not hurry up. I want to enjoy golf and summer in general, and hope everyday seems like 48 hours.

Once we get to football season, it's basically holiday season again and Christmas is just around the corner. No thanks.

On 2/12/2016 at 1:20 PM, ProblChld32 said:

Odds are pointless. Carolina certainly wasn't favored at the beginning of the season.

they didnt win either though

denver was pretty high most of the season and #1 at times

On 2/13/2016 at 9:33 AM, Dustin said:

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but this is meaningless. 

not if you gamble

On 2/13/2016 at 8:58 AM, Live and let live said:

I have always found it interesting how far some opinions differ from others on these boards. 

For the record, I don't think you hit any quality points with your post.

4 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

you do know that Gambling is a game of "Chance" right? lol 

that has nothing to do with what aaron11 is saying.  He's saying that if a person gambles these odds mean a lot.  According to an ESPN article the Colts are 20:1 to win the Superbowl.  So right now I could go and put $100 on the Colts winning the Superbowl and if they do win the SB then I would get $2,000.

When you look at it like that, those numbers mean a lot.

On 2/13/2016 at 9:19 AM, Smonroe said:

Don't mean to be slow, but someone please explain this to me.

For or example, to make it simple, what if I bet a dollar on the Pats, Colts, or Browns.  Respectively, what would my return be if each of those teams won the SB?

the odds show what you would win back if you were to bet 100$.  so if it says 2000 that is what you would get for putting up 100.  or in other words, its 20 to one odds.  hypothetically, you would get 16 dollars for betting one on the colts right now

don't feel slow for not seeing it, they are not super intuitive at first

On 2/13/2016 at 9:58 AM, Live and let live said:

Last year, the Colts played NE and Carolina tough and beat Denver. With some players returning: Luck, Anderson, Art Jones, etc., some additions via draft or FA: Pass-rusher, O-line and secondary, and a full year with Chud and (hopefully) an improved defensive scheme, they could be in the mix. 

IMO, anything less than 10-6 would be a dissapointment

On 2/12/2016 at 1:00 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To add to that we usually beat the Broncos for some reason anyway.

Because Manning chokes under the pressure of being measured up to Andrew Luck.  In my opinion, I think he felt more stress playing Luck, especially in Indy, than he did in the Super Bowl.  

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Last year, the Colts played NE and Carolina tough and beat Denver. With some players returning: Luck, Anderson, Art Jones, etc., some additions via draft or FA: Pass-rusher, O-line and secondary, and a full year with Chud and (hopefully) an improved defensive scheme, they could be in the mix. 

IMO, anything less than 10-6 would be a dissapointment

A tougher schedule this year than last year and a much improved division makes 10-6/11-5 a likely ceiling without an unexpectedly AMAZING off season, which past history suggests unlikely.