Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam's Gold MVP Cleats

18Manning

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I suppose the General section needed a new whipping boy with RG sitting on the bench and the deflategate threads getting cracked down on lol. I still don't like it, but yeah, the nature of the offseason.

It won't last.  But, several things have come out the last few days.  Something shiny will emerge and he will move to the back row.  No biggie.  

5 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Hey, it's been a pretty slow and peaceful offseason. I think people have settled down since the playoff loss but we all know acquiring a franchise worthy QB is priority number one. McNair won't stop talking about it to the media...so GM Rick Smith has some work to do. 

But speaking of the Draft, your Vikes are drafting behind us! I know Zimmer is a defensive guy, but is there anywhere on that defense that you guys need help to warrant a first round draft selection? I think I've seen a mock where the Vikings get A.D.'s replacement in Derrick Henry but that seems premature too. A lineman maybe? Or another wideout to pair with Diggs and CJ...

I don't want a running back there. I heard that the Vikings like Henry out of Alabama. I think it is a smokescreen. There is no way Rick Spielman is drafting RB there. I want them to do everything they can to improve the O-line. I can see us going with a WR or maybe LB (to replace Chad Greenway) in the first round. 

9 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I suppose the General section needed a new whipping boy with RG sitting on the bench and the deflategate threads getting cracked down on lol. I still don't like it, but yeah, the nature of the offseason.

OK....we have not hit Cam neaaaar as hard as the Trent Richardson threads...turned into a huge mess

I am not gonna talk about him......until he pays his games again

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't want a running back there. I heard that the Vikings like Henry out of Alabama. I think it is a smokescreen. There is no way Rick Spielman is drafting RB there. I want them to do everything they can to improve the O-line. I can see us going with a WR or maybe LB (to replace Chad Greenway) in the first round. 

Yeah, especially seeing how well Kendricks is working out for you guys, I could see them going LB too. Also definitely see wide receiver being a huge option. I don't think Henry goes in the first.

12 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

OK....we have not hit Cam neaaaar as hard as the Trent Richardson threads...turned into a huge mess

I am not gonna talk about him......until he pays his games again

Hey, at least with Richardson it was warranted for the most part, with his terrible on-field performance...but yeah he didn't ask to be traded for a first round pick so it was unfair for people to blame him for that. I don't think I've ever seen a player as polarizing as Richardson on this forum since I've been here Brent lol.

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Hey, at least with Richardson it was warranted for the most part, with his terrible on-field performance...but yeah he didn't ask to be traded for a first round pick so it was unfair for people to blame him for that. I don't think I've ever seen a player as polarizing as Richardson on this forum since I've been here Brent lol.

Me either.....I still remember who actually kept going until we had a Trent Thread. :)  

I think getting upset over members opinions is letting this become too personal. If you don't like an opinion state your own and move on.  The negative comments made in this forum about Newton is par for the coarse with what the national media is touching on right now. Just because some feel uncomfortable with someones opinion or point of view are we just suppose to shut up? I have seen no arguments break out over any of this.

I do think Cam is a Great talent but I don't see Carolina going back to the SB next year. Generally the SB loser doesn't and Carolina squeaked by several games. I even Posted before the SB I didn't think they were a typical 15-1 team as in dominating. I knew they wouldn't beat Denver and I think next season they fall back a little and go something like 11-5. No way they duplicate 15-1 again. I also think Andrew is a better a QB compared to Cam, both play similar styles but to me Andrew is the better passer. Andrew's INT's would go down if we had a half way decent O.Line. I would also take Andrew's nerdy nice off the field approach compared to Cam's approach. Andrew is similar to Peyton off the field. I am not a hater of Cam as he deserved the MVP but I think this is the best you guys will see out of him. Remember Carolina went 7-8-1 just the year before and have never been nothing special up until this season. Sometimes teams have unusual surprising seasons where all the breaks go their way, Carolina had one of those years IMO

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Remember Carolina went 7-8-1 just the year before and have never been nothing special up until this season. Sometimes teams have unusual surprising seasons where all the breaks go their way, Carolina had one of those years IMO

The Panthers did go 12-4 the year before that (in 2013). 

I hope it is the Vikings that has the great season next year. We do play Carolina. We also play the AFC South which I believe will be a lot stronger next year.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I hope it is the Vikings that has the great season next year. We do play Carolina. We also play the AFC South which I believe will be a lot stronger next year.

They did go 12-4 but lost their 1st Playoff game. Still a great record. I almost added that in my Post because 12-4 is nothing to sneeze at. I just think Carolina had one of those unusual Great seasons this year. I would take it if the Colts did that for sure though haha but I see them now falling back a little. Cam is definitely a Top 10 QB in the league and like him but I don't think he is Top 5 eventhough he won MVP, he just had an MVP type season. If he does the same thing next season I will change my tune and rank him much higher but I would take Rodgers, Brady, Ben, and Andrew over him, probably even Wilson.

20 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

If only for you, I hope they do too. They have the talent.

43 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think getting upset over members opinions is letting this become too personal. If you don't like an opinion state your own and move on.  The negative comments made in this forum about Newton is par for the coarse with what the national media is touching on right now. Just because some feel uncomfortable with someones opinion or point of view are we just suppose to shut up? I have seen no arguments break out over any of this.

haha   I guess when I posted the following I should have noted that I was just joking around...  Things were getting a bit crazy again, and I was trying to lighten the mood.       Did I fail....??   :scratch:    I'm really not in a habit of wanting to smack anyone, Ever.

3 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

11825027_902632993117822_285792994159077

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They did go 12-4 but lost their 1st Playoff game. Still a great record. I almost added that in my Post because 12-4 is nothing to sneeze at. I just think Carolina had one of those unusual Great seasons this year. I would take it if the Colts did that for sure though haha but I see them now falling back a little. Cam is definitely a Top 10 QB in the league and like him but I don't think he is Top 5 eventhough he won MVP, he just had an MVP type season. If he does the same thing next season I will change my tune and rank him much higher but I would take Rodgers, Brady, Ben, and Andrew over him, probably even Wilson.

I will take Ben over all of them. He is my kind of QB. I have always found him to be underrated. He does what it takes to win. 

I like many of the others too but as you could tell, I am not much of a hater. :)  

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

haha   I guess when I posted the following I should have noted that I was just joking around...  Things were getting a bit crazy again, and I was trying to lighten the mood.       Did I fail....??   :scratch:    I'm really not in a habit of wanting to smack anyone, Ever.

haha I didn't think you really mean, I didn't either when I "Liked" your post. Sometimes I think I want to smack someone, but I would never really do it. At least I don't think I would...maybe. :)

2 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

If only for you, I hope they do too. They have the talent.

Thanks. We are overdue.  I learned the other day from a post by CR91 that the Lions and the Vikings are the only two teams in the NFC not to have made the Super Bowl in the last 25 years. With as many HoF players we had in the 90s -- several have recently been inducted -- we have no Super Bowl appearance to show for it. That's pretty bad. :( 

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I will take Ben over all of them. He is my kind of QB. I have always found him to be underrated. He does what it takes to win. 

I like many of the others too but as you could tell, I am not much of a hater. :)  

We only have a handful of Good to Great one's and the rest are mediocre or they stink haha Definite Rodgers, Brady, Benny, Andrew, Wilson, Cam, Palmer are in the Good to Great category, Romo when healthy is pretty Good too but QB's are so inconsistent today. I am not including Peyton because I think he will retire. I think Teddy is borderline Good. Your Vikes should've beat Seattle, they did everything but win that game. That was heartbreaking the way they loss. I was getting ready to congratulate you on the win and was so happy because I don't like Seattle but crap happens. It's too early to tell but really your only competition should be GB in the Division next season regarding winning it. Bears and Lions are wishy/washy.

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. We are overdue.  I learned the other day from a post by CR91 that the Lions and the Vikings are the only two teams in the NFC not to have made the Super Bowl in the last 25 years. With as many HoF players we had in the 90s -- several have recently been inducted -- we have no Super Bowl appearance to show for it. That's pretty bad. :( 

The 1998 Vikings are still better than a lot of teams that made the SB and lost. That is probably the best team I have ever seen that didn't make it to the SB.

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I agree with you. The negativity is a bit too much. This morning I thought of taking a break from here too. I always like it here and I have made lots of friends but the negativity is getting to me. I come here because I have a several friends with whom I "talk" and whose posts I enjoy.  But it is getting more unpleasant every day. 

Anyway, how are your Texans doing? I am pretty optimistic about my team. Hope we have another top draft. We open a new stadium next year. Maybe I will catch a game there. (Keep it positive, :) )

In fairness to you NFLfan , I will admit I have been guilty of coming down to hard on Johnny Manziel in the past then I should have in the past. I never went overboard when discussing his addiction issues, but I probably was too tough on him regarding his money touchdown symbol & his performances on the field as a Cleveland Browns QB. 

To be honest with you, they are just gold shoes in Cam's case. I really don't care what a QB wears in warmups or those wild pants he wore coming off the plane in San Francisco. I wouldn't wanna draw that much attention to myself I prefer to blend in with my teammates not stand out. But hey, if Newton's wants to wear bright shoes or stripped pants it's his decision. I don't take issue with it very much. 

You do make a good point though NF. I need to judge athletes on their game performances, community acts of good will, making your teammates better, & give them room to make mistakes & grow. Cam rubs people the wrong way in many circles because he hasn't figured out when to acknowledge he made a mistake. He's not a bad guy. He just needs to learn that showmanship comes with a price. He just needs to own when he screwed up & say I'm sorry when he walked off the stage early or failed to dive for a fumble, & then avoid acting like only Carolina fans know the truth. He'll learn. 

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Vikings new stadium too. Oh, I'm not talking in person just seeing the new facility on TV. It's always fun to kick the tires on a new shiny, state of the art NFL toy. 

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 1998 Vikings are still better than a lot of teams that made the SB and lost. That is probably the best team I have ever seen that didn't make it to the SB.

haha Don't remind me. That was heartbreaking. I was numb for a couple of days after that loss to Atlanta. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

haha Don't remind me. That was heartbreaking. I was numb for a couole of days after that loss to Atlanta. 

Yeah I hated to remind you of that because I couldn't believe they lost either. That was maybe the biggest shock in a game I have seen other than the Giants beating the Pats in 2007. Having said that regarding teams that haven't gone to a SB I would rank them #1. Some of the Chargers teams in the early 80's were damn Great too. Sometimes it just isn't in the cards. Your 98 loss was much like the Colts losing in 2005. I shut the TV off and went to bed after the Colts lost to Pittsburgh in 2005.

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

haha Don't remind me. That was heartbreaking. I was numb for a couole of days after that loss to Atlanta. 

I often wonder what would have happened if Brian Billick & Dennis Green had gotten Minnesota to the SB & won it...as in, where they would be today?

My apologies NF if I brought up old wounds by asking that question or reflecting on it anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Daaaannngggg those things are ugly..........   I'm sure he won't be wearing them around anytime soon.

On the plus side M-432, if your car breaks down on the interstate, just put on Cam's gold shoes for an instant emergency flair. The police will be there to assist you in no time. 

Yeah, I know most people have cell phones. Just play along will ya? Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I often wonder what would have happened if Brian Billick & Dennis Green had gotten Minnesota to the SB & won it...as in, where they would be today?

My apologies NF if I brought up old wounds by asking that question or reflecting on it anyway. 

No worries... Brian Billick did win a Super Bowl years later. Denny Green went on to coach the Cardinals and helped to acquire many of the players that would eventually go to the Super Bowl with Whisenhunt as head coach. It was he who drafted Larry Fitzgerald who was a ball boy in MN when Denny was the head coach.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

No worries... Brian Billick did win a Super Bowl years later. Denny Green went on to coach the Cardinals and helped to acquire many of the players that would eventually go to the Super Bowl with Whisenhunt as head coach. It was he who drafted Larry Fitzgerald who was a ball boy in MN when Denny was the head coach.

Yes, that's true Bill went to Baltimore & Green went to AZ, but usually when coaching staffs win a ring especially on an offensive juggernaut like the Vikings were that year a ton of offers typically pours in meaning both Bill & Denny Green might have landed in different cities as respective HC's. 

But then we would have all missed on on Green's "Crown Their Caboose Bears Rant" & Brian's "kick in the door like a wild warrior" defensive rant as well. So, it worked out okay I guess. 

3 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

MMmm, you snuck one by me. :D

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Not to rehash bad memories because my intentions are good here, regarding the 1998 Team I would definitely rank them the best of all-time out of the franchises that haven't won a SB. The 1990 Bills are a close 2nd IMO and that core did go to 4 SB's in a row but that Vikings Offense was lethal with Moss, Carter, Reed, and Smith. Cunningham was amazing in his old age too. They had a Great O.Line too and a Great Pass Rush on Defense. John Randle was a monster! The 1981 Chargers are 3rd best IMO with Fouts, Winslow and crew, then the 1988 Bengals 4th. They had a special on the NFL Network a while back regarding who the best franchises not to win a SB and picked their best team. That 1998 Vikings was in the Top 5, I rank them #1.

6 hours ago, southwest1 said:

On the plus side M-432, if your car breaks down on the interstate, just put on Cam's gold shoes for an instant emergency flair. The police will be there to assist you in no time. 

Yeah, I know most people have cell phones. Just play along will ya? Thanks. 

haha they would probably also be good if you got stuck in the land of Oz and needed to get home.......

The piling on continues. What is funny is that there have been many people on this board (including myself) upset at people feeding into and buying into the narrative on Peyton (can't win the big game...regular season mvp/playoff goat etc etc) and yet we jump very quickly to do the same thing to another player. Now we are criticizing the guy because the cleats he wore. The kid isn't perfect...and makes some mistakes...but he also does as much charity work as any I've seen...plays with a ton of passion on the field and seems to want to have a good time playing the game. He has his faults for sure..but it would be nice to see us give the young man room to grow up and make mistakes or at the worst have some fun playing a GAME. If we keep tearing everyone down there isn't going to be anyone to cheer for. I know my post isn't going to be popular but we aren't talking about Michael Vick here....Cam didn't kill any puppies or anything. He got upset when he had to sit next to an opponent brag about how they beat him...he made some bad plays in the game...and now he wore some flashy shoes...that he didn't even WEAR in the game..just warm ups. I'm going to take the Archie view. You would like to see the guy handle things differently..but losing is hard....very hard at that level and I think it would be nice to show some humanity and give him a break.