Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bleacher Report 7 round mock draft

Matt Miller's 7 round mock draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2613603-2016-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-super-bowl-predictions

He has the Colts selecting:

1. Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson

2. Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor

3. Rees Odhiambo, G, Boise State

4. Miles Killebrew, S, Southern Utah

5. Kenyan Drake, RB, Alabama

7. Henry Krieger-Coble, TE, Iowa

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Way better than McShay's last mock. I've never heard of that Guard from Auburn so idk about that pick.

Like most people though, I don't think he took the possible losses we will have in FA into account. I'm okay with getting Lawson and Billings at those spots though.

I researched Odhiambo and he has him listed from Auburn, but he is really from Boise State.

11 minutes ago, 12isthenew18 said:

I like the billings pick. Shaq lawson isn't bad either but who is the 4th rounder?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/miles-killebrew?id=2555315

The NFL comparison for him is Deone Buccannon. I would say that is pretty close. He is a heavy hitter, and a good run support S, but could use work on his coverage skills. The bad thing about Killebrew is that we basically have the same type of player with Clayton Geathers already.

1 hour ago, SDakColts said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2613603-2016-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-super-bowl-predictions

I don't think Billings will last to pick 48 and I don't think Killebrew will last until the mid-4th round.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't think Billings will last to pick 48 and I don't think Killebrew will last until the mid-4th round.

I know the chances are slim, but I figured I would share Matt Miller's draft with the forum. The chances that this draft plays out is small, but it is worth the look anyways.

2 hours ago, SDakColts said:

I know the chances are slim, but I figured I would share Matt Miller's draft with the forum. The chances that this draft plays out is small, but it is worth the look anyways.

Agreed!     I have no objection to the post,  I think the more info the better.

Just offering my two cents on it.....    (and often my two cents isn't even worth that much!)      :thmup:  

Man Billings in the 2nd would be a dream come true lol. But I don't see him lasting that long. But switch Shaq Lawson with Noah Spence and we're talking 2 week 1 impact starters on defense, and I just love the idea of that. I like Killebrew too, but I want us to sign a Guard in free agency instead of grabbing one in the 3rd. Suppose he comes in and struggles and Thornton does too.  We're in the exact same shape as we've been in. That's why I say go for the sure fix. Sign a Center and a Guard in free agency. Whether its Mack and Allen, Wisnewski and Osemele, or even Wisnewski and Allen. Jeff Allen's the 2nd best Guard in the FA class and IMO he's going to come in and make a household name for himself next season. I think he'll come in and dominate.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Man Billings in the 2nd would be a dream come true lol. But I don't see him lasting that long. But switch Shaq Lawson with Noah Spence and we're talking 2 week 1 impact starters on defense, and I just love the idea of that. I like Killebrew too, but I want us to sign a Guard in free agency instead of grabbing one in the 3rd. Suppose he comes in and struggles and Thornton does too.  We're in the exact same shape as we've been in. That's why I say go for the sure fix. Sign a Center and a Guard in free agency. Whether its Mack and Allen, Wisnewski and Osemele, or even Wisnewski and Allen. Jeff Allen's the 2nd best Guard in the FA class and IMO he's going to come in and make a household name for himself next season. I think he'll come in and dominate.

I no longer think Spence will be there when we pick at 18......

I think the kid will be gone by the top-12 at the latest....

This assume's no slip-ups or mistakes in the next 11 weeks.....

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I no longer think Spence will be there when we pick at 18......

I think the kid will be gone by the top-12 at the latest....

This assume's no slip-ups or mistakes in the next 11 weeks.....

That's very possible. But dear God I hope he's still on the board. I think he has the potential to be a dominant pass rusher. I'm just not that big on Shaq Lawson personally.

On 2/11/2016 at 11:59 AM, SDakColts said:

I would be ecstatic with this draft except for Killebrew. I like KJ Dillon, WVU in that spot. This would be an awesome draft though.

1 hour ago, GoColts00 said:

I would be ecstatic with this draft except for Killebrew. I like KJ Dillon, WVU in that spot. This would be an awesome draft though.

There are some picks in the draft that I am a little indifferent about. I guess depending how the draft played out I would be content with this draft. Getting Billings in the 2nd is almost impossible, but that would be one of the best steals of the draft. The more realistic option in the 2nd would be Vernon Butler from LA Tech. Other than that the rest of the draft is definitely possible.

KJ Dillon is intriguing he is listed as a S, but played a lot of man coverage out of the nickel spot as well. He has good size, and would be a nice piece to add later in the draft for another solid addition to our pass defense. I personally like his teammate Karl Joseph a lot. He was one of my favorite players the last few years, and he would easily be the top safety prospect this year if it wasn't for his injury. I think if Joseph fall to us in the 3rd that we should get his name on our draft card as fast as we can.