Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where Do You Rank Carl Nassib?

Just a question and this is not indicative of my feelings?  Do you see him as a Henry Anderson type of player or something less?

Just wanted to see some opinions on the guy.  If on the board at 18 would you take him?

image: http://www.walterfootball.com/college/PennState_logo.gif

PennState_logo.gif Carl Nassib, 3-4DE, Penn State
Height: 6-7. Weight: 272.
Projected 40 Time: 5.00.
Projected Round (2016): 1-3.

1/16/16: Nassib led the nation with 15.5 sacks in 2015. He was on fire all year before an injury cost him virtually the final two games of the regular season. The senior also had 46 tackles with 19.5 tackles for a loss and six forced fumbles on the year.

Nassib has a nice combination of strength and closing speed. His 2015 production came out of nowhere as he had only only seven tackles with one sack, one forced fumble and a pass breakup in 2014. Even though his production is a 1-year wonder, former head coach Bill O'Brien and current head coach James Franklin have been profuse in their praise for Nassib's work ethic and practice effort.

Nassib is a former walk-on at Penn State and the younger brother of New York Giants quarterback Ryan Nassib. Carl Nassib was reportedly 50-60 pounds lighter when he arrived at Penn State and has worked extremely hard to get bigger.
Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016DE3-4.php#bfl8UKFgBMfDejRu.99

59 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Does Penn State play a 4-3, because 6-7 272 seems kind of light to play in a 3-4 scheme.

They run a traditional 4-3 base but there defense does morph in institutional ball ive seen an offset formation that looks like a 3-4, they run a bunch of 3-2-6 as well. IMO he probably would be better suited as 4-3 DE. Although i believe he could play OLB in a 3-4.

I like Nassib but am a bit wary of his size and lack of production in previous years. He seems like a late 2nd early third guy to me. If we take him round three i'd be fine with it, or if we even trade up to top of the third/bottom of 2nd to take him i wouldn't mind. Anything earlier and we'd be reaching imo

19 hours ago, theanarchist said:

6-7 272. Thats not exactly 6-01 268(Freeney). I'd say that kind of size you could play any position you wanted on the DL depending on down and distance. Whether its 3-4 of 4-3

Sportsline's bio gives me the impression he is another Bjorn Werner

I only saw Nassib play a couple of times, but he looked to have a much better motor than Werner.  Nassib played with great effort in the games I saw him play.

I like his motor. I'm thinking Obrien will pick him up and have him play on the other side of Watt which would be a head ache. Like many of you have said he's probably a second or third round guy. Needs to bulk up some if he goes to a 3-4 team. I like the sack production and high effort.

I look at him as more of a D lineman than I do any type of OLB. 3 or 5 technique.  I think he's got more value at that position in the NFL than coming off the edges as an OLB or a DE. I would play him off the edges in some passing situations though.