Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LeSean McCoy

oldunclemark

.is apparently not going to be playing football for awhile next year..

...a fight with undercover police officers in Philadelphia last week? Injuries...Talk of him 'turning himself in' to the police this week?

.Doesn't sound good. He can afford the lawyers to beat the rap..but  he's going to get suspended

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

...a fight with undercover police officers in Philadelphia last week? Injuries...Talk of him 'turning himself in' to the police this week?

.Doesn't sound good. He can afford the lawyers to beat the rap..but  he's going to get suspended

I dont know, the league didn't warn him prior to his acts that he could be punished for assaulting a police officer.....welcome to the Tom Brady defense

McCoy fights with cops? No one wants to talk about it or criticize him. Cam Newton getting gold cleats? Everyone loses their minds...:pokerface:

But yeah I'm not surprised. Shady doesn't seem to have a very good character. Him being suspended will hurt the Bills for sure. 

23 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

McCoy fights with cops? No one wants to talk about it or criticize him. Cam Newton getting gold cleats? Everyone loses their minds...:pokerface:

But yeah I'm not surprised. Shady doesn't seem to have a very good character. Him being suspended will hurt the Bills for sure. 

Touche, McCoy has now entered the realm of thuggish NFLer behavior...

While cams behavior is arrogant & annoying, at leasts hes just a pompous dooosh & not a pompous thuggish/punk of a dooosh...

36 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Touche, McCoy has now entered the realm of thuggish NFLer behavior...

While cams behavior is arrogant & annoying, at leasts hes just a pompous dooosh & not a pompous thuggish/punk of a dooosh...

Remember that girls only party he was trying to throw last year? Sent all kinds of red flags...

20 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Remember that girls only party he was trying to throw last year? Sent all kinds of red flags...

Ha, I never heard that...

but uhhh yeah, totally, red flag, but thats more creepsville than thugsville...

NFLers having to throw special parties to meet women, really...

guess this current incient started over spilled champagne... silliness... I mean I know champagne can get expensive, but really??? Now if it were a good scotch, maybe...

ha...

16 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

They were OFF DUTY, not undercover. The cops may well have been drunk, confrontational, and violent and deserved a butt whoopin'. We've seen instances here in Indy in recent years where on-duty cops tried to help a piece of garbage pig (David Bisard) get away with vehicular homicide when he was driving drunk while on duty. 

I don't take the cops word on face value, not even a little bit. 

Don't jump to conclusions here. Never look at a uniform and see a hero. Make them prove it first. 

4 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, I never heard that...

but uhhh yeah, totally, red flag, but thats more creepsville than thugsville...

NFLers having to throw special parties to meet women, really...

guess this current incient started over spilled champagne... silliness... I mean I know champagne can get expensive, but really??? Now if it were a good scotch, maybe...

ha...

Oh yeah. If an undercover cop spills my scotch then I'm going to raise hell too, football games and playing time be damned lol.

4 minutes ago, ruksak said:

They were OFF DUTY, not undercover. The cops may well have been drunk, confrontational, and violent and deserved a butt whoopin'. We've seen instances here in Indy in recent years where on-duty cops tried to help a piece of garbage pig (David Bisard) get away with vehicular homicide when he was driving drunk while on duty. 

Don't jump to conclusions here. Never look at a uniform and see a hero. Make them prove it first. 

Undercover/Off duty...

You say po-tae-toe, I say puh-tah-too...

7 minutes ago, ruksak said:

They were OFF DUTY, not undercover. The cops may well have been drunk, confrontational, and violent and deserved a butt whoopin'. We've seen instances here in Indy in recent years where on-duty cops tried to help a piece of garbage pig (David Bisard) get away with vehicular homicide. 

You do understand the difference, right? On is a cop performing their duties, the other is a bunch of regular guys drinking alcohol and getting into a fight. 

Shady gets in one fight in his entire career and he instantly becomes a Thug?  Come on man we use this word too loosely at times.  They were off duty, which I'm sure he had no idea they were cops.  Especially on the face of what he does for a living I'm sure he would have stayed clear of that if he knew.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Shady gets in one fight in his entire career and he instantly becomes a Thug?  Come on man we use this word too loosely at times.  They were off duty, which I'm sure he had no idea they were cops.  Especially on the face of what he does for a living I'm sure he would have stayed clear of that if he knew.

The question society should demand answers to; Why are a group of off-duty cops fighting with people in a bar? 

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

Thug

noun

1.a violent person, especially a criminal.

synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal

I assume you are responding to my use of the word thug, & if you re-read my post, I know I distinctly qualified the term, by saying "has moved into the realm of thuggish behavior" which is different than flat out calling someone a thug...

To that extent, anyone who gets into a bar fight, by definition, is exhibiting 'thuggish' behavior... 

I know there can be outlying circumstances, but in general people who get into bar fights probably have some 'thuggish' tendencies...

Sorry though, I'll use the term ruffian next time, while I eat my crumpets & drink my tea...

52 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Thug

noun

1.a violent person, especially a criminal.

synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal

I assume you are responding to my use of the word thug, & if you re-read my post, I know I distinctly qualified the term, by saying "has moved into the realm of thuggish behavior" which is different than flat out calling someone a thug...

To that extent, anyone who gets into a bar fight, by definition, is exhibiting 'thuggish' behavior... 

I know there can be outlying circumstances, but in general people who get into bar fights probably have some 'thuggish' tendencies...

Sorry though, I'll use the term ruffian next time, while I eat my crumpets & drink my tea...

So the next time you go to your local bar to watch a game and you get in a fight with the drunk guy next to you you're okay with being labeled a thug? Even if he started it?  Even if you know you don't regularly participate in such behavior?

Just now, ruksak said:

You mean like the cops who were fighting them, but they get to walk away scott free?

Totally, the few cops that ive known, outside of one, who happens to be a fine upstandinding citizen, have also had the capacity to exhibit borderline thuggish behavior & mentality...

McCoy may very well have been baited into a Ruffianesque squirmish, who knows, i guess the incident was in Philly after all...

My main motivation for participation in this thread was to evenly distribute the off season angst, ive said i think cam has exhibited his fair share of pompousness, so i didnt want McCoy to feel left out...

1 hour ago, ruksak said:

You do understand the difference, right? On is a cop performing their duties, the other is a bunch of regular guys drinking alcohol and getting into a fight. 

Rk...Off duty is not undercover,,,,point taken....and, as I said, he may beat the rap..

but he's going to get suspended by the NFL.....if the report is even basically true...

A fight outside a bar or nightclub...That's a suspension and it should be...

As an NFL player..he just cant be beating up somebody in the parking lot

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

So the next time you go to your local bar to watch a game and you get in a fight with the drunk guy next to you you're okay with being labeled a thug? Even if he started it?  Even if you know you don't regularly participate in such behavior?

Right, i usually avoid bars where that stuff goes on, the fights that happen in the pubs i used to frequent, usually involved which micro-brew was better, or worse...

A friend & I did get baited into a physical fight in San Diego once by some unruly Charger fans... It didnt last long & i was able to get my friend out of there before the bartenders called the authorities...

Im really just joking around, in the long run...

I dont keep tabs on all the NFL incidents, but i dont remeber hearing McCoys name linked to alor of off the field incidents, he may very well be victim of circumstance in this case...

6 hours ago, krunk said:

If fighting Cops (undercover or not) doesn't get one labeled a thug then what does? Its entirely possible that he didn't know they were cops, but its also possible that he did know and did it anyway. 

7 hours ago, ruksak said:

The bisard case was bad, but one * cop doesn't make them all bad. There are more *s in regular society than there are * cops. 

10 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

It's because Cam is one of the faces of the NFL and the MVP so anything he does will be magnified more. I agree though, people getting bent out of shape over Gold Cleats is a bit silly. It is not like Cam got in trouble with the law.

6 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

If fighting Cops (undercover or not) doesn't get one labeled a thug then what does? Its entirely possible that he didn't know they were cops, but its also possible that he did know and did it anyway. 

Stop trying to change their status to undercover first off all. They were not undercover they were off duty. Dressed as regular citizens doing what regular citizens do. How about we say the guy got into a fight with some people who turned out to be Off Duty(not working) cops and stop trying to place the label of something that is reserved for people who openly say I'm against the law and 100 % down with unjustified violence. That's what the definition speaks more towards. Mcoy has been in the league for years with not one incident ever. Based on his history its more likely that he did not know they were cops. In the past if you had called Pac Man Jones a Thug I would have agreed because he left too much on the table to have any other conclusion. I don't look for labels such as Thug until it is proven the person was cognizant of his actions and he's continued to do criminal actions.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's because Cam is one of the faces of the NFL and the MVP so anything he does will be magnified more. I agree though, people getting bent out of shape over Gold Cleats is a bit silly. It is not like Cam got in trouble with the law.

Not sure people are really getting bent out of shape, just pointing out the mounting evidence indicating newton's pompous & gloatful nature...

16 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

The bisard case was bad

understatement of the century

i trust cops as much as they trust me. they have as much, if not more potential to be as corrupt as any other human.  those cops at the scene would have locked up any other drunk and thrown away the key.

cops committing crimes should get bigger punishments than normal

he deserves life imo