Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I wish the Colts had a divisional rivalry

RockThatBlue

Almost every division has really good divisional rivalries.

I don't really see the Jags, the Titans, or Texans as rivals. I guess Houston is the closest to a rivalry but ehh I don't feel like its anything that big. Anyone else wish this too? Maybe Mariota vs Luck could turn into something one day, maybe not.

I really don't see any of them as a rival. The only rivalry we have really had over the last 15 years is the Patriots IMO. As long as Andrew stays healthy we will run away with the Division next season as long as the Texans don't pick up a good QB. I cant see the Jags or Titans being better than 8-8, Texans 9-7 at best. We will win at least 10 games if not 11 if Andrew stays healthy. If we do really well in the upcoming Draft and FreeAgency we could even go 12-4.

I can see what you mean. But be careful what you wish for. If Bortles continues to get better, then the Jags could be a threat to us as soon as this coming season. Or Tennessee if Mariota turns out to be a solid QB. I'm gonna tell you right now. Its a good thing the Texans were stupid enough to pass on Derrick Carr 2 years ago, but they could still be a threat. Especially if they find a good QB in this draft class. It wouldn't surprise me to see them try to trade up for one of the big 3 QB's.

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I can see what you mean. But be careful what you wish for. If Bortles continues to get better, then the Jags could be a threat to us as soon as this coming season. Or Tennessee if Mariota turns out to be a solid QB. I'm gonna tell you right now. Its a good thing the Texans were stupid enough to pass on Derrick Carr 2 years ago, but they could still be a threat. Especially if they find a good QB in this draft class. It wouldn't surprise me to see them try to trade up for one of the big 3 QB's.

Before I really make any predictions regarding next season I need to see how the Draft goes. I do think with a healthy Andrew we wont lose more than 6 games though.

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

that's exactly what I was thinking.  Titans still have some catching up to do, but the Jags and Texans are both getting closer.  I still think colts are the better team but I do believe it's going to start getting much more competitive. :) 

8 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah if they would've took Carr it would be different. They also passed on Teddy.

6 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

that's exactly what I was thinking.  Titans still have some catching up to do, but the Jags and Texans are both getting closer.  I still think colts are the better team but I do believe it's going to start getting much more competitive. :) 

I would be OK with this. It gets boring owning the division almost every year. 

2 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I agree. For years we sat and watched the inter division teams try and stack their teams with defensive players to stop Manning. Then the Texans drafted Clowney and even advertised he was drafted to get Luck. They did that and didn't take a QB when that was needed more. At least the Titans and Jags finally figured out they needed a QB to stay in competition with the Colts. I have a feeling this south division will be a lot more competitive in the future.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Before I really make any predictions regarding next season I need to see how the Draft goes. I do think with a healthy Andrew we wont lose more than 6 games though.

Man with a healthy, and improved Andrew Luck, to go along with some major talent being brought in on the OL and on D. We shouldn't lose any more than 4 games. If we have a good pass rush and a pair of good corners our D's gonna be much better. And with a revamped OL, Luck will have more time to find the wealth of weapons we have. Plus you have to expect him to really be hitting his prime this coming year. Hopefully with a better OL he'll be a better decision maker, leading to fewer int's.

12 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

seriously...?

Seriously. Before this year we swept the division 3 years in a row. That's just boring lol. I'd like to see another team in the AFC south rise up and be actual competition. It might be good for the colts to have an extra 2 or 3 hard games a year anyway. 

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Seriously. Before this year we swept the division 3 years in a row. That's just boring lol. I'd like to see another team in the AFC south rise up and be actual competition. It might be good for the colts to have an extra 2 or 3 hard games a year anyway. 

Two years in a row, the Jags and Texans both beat the Colts 2012.

14 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Almost every division has really good divisional rivalries.

I don't really see the Jags, the Titans, or Texans as rivals. I guess Houston is the closest to a rivalry but ehh I don't feel like its anything that big. Anyone else wish this too? Maybe Mariota vs Luck could turn into something one day, maybe not.

Like the Cowboys/Redskins. I have been to a few of those games.
 The passion of the fans is crazy/wild/fun. Something to get really fired up about.
  The idea that you can go out and play Cr__p football and still Expect to win HAS Been Boring.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would really prefer us to get off to a Manning type start as in 4-0 or 5-0, instead of freakin 0-2 LOL. That would make things a lot easier.

That would be nice, but coming out of preseason guns a blazing is not a trait of the Pagano era.

2015 = 0-2

2014 = 0-2

2013 = 1-1 (life and death to beat the Raiders)

2012 = 1-1 (crushed by Bears and close win vs Minn) 

19 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Man with a healthy, and improved Andrew Luck, to go along with some major talent being brought in on the OL and on D. We shouldn't lose any more than 4 games. If we have a good pass rush and a pair of good corners our D's gonna be much better. And with a revamped OL, Luck will have more time to find the wealth of weapons we have. Plus you have to expect him to really be hitting his prime this coming year. Hopefully with a better OL he'll be a better decision maker, leading to fewer int's.

.....and better coaching