Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Manock's Top-5 at each position (1.0)

Mayock is out with his first top-5 at each position.

Some interesting reading........    and it may make you wonder if you're favorite player will even be available when the Colts pick in each round.....

Click and scroll.....        Enjoy!!             :thmup:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000635418/article/mike-mayocks-2016-nfl-draft-position-rankings?sf20694830=1

4 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Andrew Billings not in the top 5 for interior d-line. Okay...

Look at who's ahead of him. It's the most stacked position group in this class by far. He can still be a 1st rd pick even if he's behind those guys. 

1 minute ago, wig said:

Look at who's ahead of him. It's the most stacked position group in this class by far. He can still be a 1st rd pick even if he's behind those guys. 

Billings should be #2 behind Buckner. Nkemdiche and Rankins should be well below him. 

I absolutely cannot believe Alex Collins isn't in the top 5. Hopefully he'll be there when we pick in the 3rd. But I'd prefer to fix the OL in free agency so we can go all D in the draft. But Collins is going to be a beast in the NFL. He'd be hard to pass up on in the 3rd. And Cyrus Jones at 5th? Wow.

Collins would be tempting, but I want to bring in some impact defensive players in the early rounds in this draft. If we could come out with the class below......Wow.... This would mean we fixed the OL and got a corner in free agency.

1)Noah Spence

2)Karl Joseph

3)Vernon Butler

4)Yannick Ngakoue

Folks.......

This is Mayocks's FIRST set of rankings.      Not his last.

He'll revise this many more times.     And if someone like Billings is not listed at top-5,  that does NOT mean he's not a 1st round pick.     The 6th DT in this year's class could very easily be a first round pick.    

DT is the strongest position group in the draft.    

Mayock will update this right after the combine....    and then about every two-three weeks or so.....

This will change -- a lot -- between now and the draft in late April......

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Collins would be tempting, but I want to bring in some impact defensive players in the early rounds in this draft. If we could come out with the class below......Wow.... This would mean we fixed the OL and got a corner in free agency.

1)Noah Spence

2)Karl Joseph

3)Vernon Butler

4)Yannick Ngakoue

I just want the first 3 picks to be some combination of the defensive guys we've all thrown around. Floyd, Lawson, Billlings, Spence, Joseph, Jenkins, Wright III, etc...

RB can come 4th round or later.

10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I just want the first 3 picks to be some combination of the defensive guys we've all thrown around. Floyd, Lawson, Billlings, Spence, Joseph, Jenkins, Wright III, etc...

RB can come 4th round or later.

You should check out Vernon Butler.

51 minutes ago, Superman said:

Nkemdiche and Rankins are both better than Billings. 

Agreed. But it just goes to show how deep this draft is with DT's. Billings is a very good talent IMO, who has the potential to be an elite NT. I love that this class is so stacked at the DT position though. It'd be a good year to take one in the 2nd or 3rd IMO.

Mike has Stanford's Joshua Garnett as the third ranked offensive guard.  He thinks he could come in and start right away for an NFL team.  Considering how much we focus on Stanford players I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with the Colts. Maybe 2nd. or 3rd. round?  Depending on what we do in free agency on the OL the number one ranked center from Alabama, Ryan Kelly,  would be a great pick too.

On 2/11/2016 at 7:55 PM, SP_21 said:

Agree to disagree. 

I think I might have misspoke. I've been confusing Billings with A'Shawn Robinson. I'm not sure how I rank them all, but Billings > Robinson, for sure, IMO. I think I'd go Billings > Rankins, also. Not Nkemdiche, though. 

7 hours ago, Superman said:

I think I might have misspoke. I've been confusing Billings with A'Shawn Robinson. I'm not sure how I rank them all, but Billings > Robinson, for sure, IMO. I think I'd go Billings > Rankins, also. Not Nkemdiche, though. 

I do not like Nkemdiche but I can see the tremendous potential he has. As for Billings, the only problem I see with him is that he has shorter arms than scouts like. A little nit picky for me though

7 hours ago, Superman said:

I'd like to get Billings at 18 or Nkemdiche. I think Billings can be a dominate NT. Parry was a pleasant surprise but Billings can be a game wrecker IMO. 

I'd  could get behind a draft of Billings, Jenkins OLB, Jones ILB, Ngakoue OLB, Hall CB N Iowa, Coprich RB Ill St. 

Provided we signed a C in FA I would prefer Davis then Wisneski. I think Grig's wants Mack. Then signed a guy like G/T Jeff Allen and a CB. We are probably looking at Heyward. 

C and CB are the most obvious needs on the team. Adding Allen would give us a lot of options on the OL. 

I am interested to see how far ND CB Russell drops after the broken leg and WV S Joseph after his injury. Both are playmakers. Speaking of playmakers I would have trouble leaving Thompson on the board in the 2nd if he was there when we pick. Kids a turnover machine