Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should we trade for an edge rusher?

richard pallo

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Why would there be a small chance for us to get a pass rusher in the draft? The only guy that definitely won't be there at 18 is Bosa.

2nd, why does everyone want to trade T.Y.? He's a top 10 receiver and he's embarrassed some top DB's.

Ahem, Sherman to name one

8 hours ago, peytonmanning18 said:

Uh, you are severely overrating TY Hilton if you really believe that.  

Year - Receptions - Yards - TDs

2012 - 50 -  861 - 7 (*Only started 1 game in 2012)

2013 - 82 - 1083 - 5

2014 - 82 - 1345 - 7

2015 - 69 - 1124 - 5

Over the last 4 years, T.Y. Hilton has been one of the most explosive, productive, and consistent WRs in the league.

Last year, T.Y., despite playing the vast majority of the season hurt, put up the second highest yardage total of his career.  T.Y. hit the 1000+ yard mark despite the fact he had to play with 4 different QBs.

He also matched his second-highest TD total.

I think you are severely, severely underrating T.Y. Hilton.

Hilton is a top 10 receiver in the NFL.

Here are the only guys I'd rank clearly ahead of him right now, in no particular order: Antonio Bryant, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, and Jordy Nelson (when healthy).  I'm not basing this list solely on production.  I'm also taking into consideration things like overall speed, route running ability, etc.  

Calvin Johnson is retiring, and Larry Fitzgerald is on the downslope of his career.

T.Y. Hilton, last year, had more yards than Dez Bryant (Bryant was hurt for a while), slightly less yards than A.J. Green, more yards than Randall Cobb, and more yards than Julian Edelman (Edelman also missed some time, but had Brady the entire season).

If I'm the Colts, I'm looking very hard and almost willing to trade our first and maybe a third rounder for Noah Spence. Go all in in him. He's a diamond but had some questionable decisions in his past but oh well. We need a couple rough riders. Robert Mathis will fine tool him into the next Von Miller. Also, I would look at maybe trading a second round pick to the Eagles for Kiko Alonso if its true he's being shopped. Them two in our LB core would look GREAT. That way you can look at replacing the older guys, Freeman and Jackson for more cap. Draft some more DL depth and O-lineman the rest of the way. Maybe got after Alex Mack and find a safety and a corner in free agency to pair with Mike Adams and Vontae Davis and the Colts are in business. 

Take a look (LB empty for Noah Spence and with these moves, Colts would still have about $17M left to resign our other key players like Vinateri, Fleener, etc)

154xcma.jpg

Children wanting their highlight reels. Andrew goes down, and so does Hilton's production of course. A season in which we switched offensive coordinators and a locker full of rumors surrounding who know's what from management, and all of a sudden his head is being called for.

6 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

Sacks aren't just an eight yard loss.

Pressure on the QB is probably the single most important factor in the new NFL. We just saw the MVP of the league look very average because of it. 

I feel like that attitude is exactly what Irsay is trying to get away from.

Irsay is not trying to get away with anything. Where did you come up with that horse dung? You so concerned with getting your digs in anyway possible all you do is make yourself look foolish.

22 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Irsay is not trying to get away with anything. Where did you come up with that horse dung? You so concerned with getting your digs in anyway possible all you do is make yourself look foolish.

What are you talking about? 

I didn't take a dig at anybody. 

And I didn't say Irsay was trying to get AWAY with anything. He wants a defensive team in the Luck era. So to me, that means he would value a great pass rusher over a great wide out. 

I guess your name fits you. 

41 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

What are you talking about? 

I didn't take a dig at anybody. 

And I didn't say Irsay was trying to get AWAY with anything. He wants a defensive team in the Luck era. So to me, that means he would value a great pass rusher over a great wide out. 

I guess your name fits you. 

Sorry, I miss read what you were saying. My bad.

10 hours ago, peytonmanning18 said:

Top 10?  Ha yeah ok.  Maybe top 20.  

Name 20 WR that are clearly better than TY..... 

Trick question... because you cant. Hilton had 1,124 yards when we went through five quarterbacks...... FIVE. If that only generates him a "maybe top 20" status for you then you are delusional. He was ranked 16th in the league in receiving yards, 15th among WR.... with FIVE different QB's throwing him the ball...

TY is worth every penny.

1 minute ago, Chucklez said:

Name 20 WR that are clearly better than TY..... 

Trick question... because you cant. Hilton had 1,124 yards when we went through five quarterbacks...... FIVE. If that only generates him a "maybe top 20" status for you then you are delusional. He was ranked 16th in the league in receiving yards, 15th among WR.... with FIVE different QB's throwing him the ball...

TY is worth every penny.

Great post!       One of your best!        :thmup:  

Appreciate you spelling it out for him........

16 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

Sacks aren't just an eight yard loss.

Pressure on the QB is probably the single most important factor in the new NFL. We just saw the MVP of the league look very average because of it.

I feel like that attitude is exactly what Irsay is trying to get away from.

Its because the MVP isn't really the MVP.  He needs a great defense to win...and can't hit open receivers when he has no pressure.....like he missed them in the SB.  I'm merely sayng that I wouldn't judge Miller based upon how Newton performed.

I'd take the best years of Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald over the best years of Von Miller any time.  Miller can get two sacks in a row, and the WR could score a TD on the next play.

And...I don't thinkCarolina even chipped Miller with a RB or TE, at least not much

On 2/10/2016 at 6:07 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Uh.....     I think you're severely under-rating Hilton.

He's a top-10 wide receiver.     I'm surprised you don't know that......

I like T.Y  he has disappeared in some games if he lives up to his potential he will easily make the top ten IMO but he's no Marvin Harrison .

But only 1 season was he in the top ten at 6 his worst 2012 , 30'th his average mid teens .

I'm surprised you did'nt look it up I did ..

1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I like T.Y  he has disappeared in some games if he lives up to his potential he will easily make the top ten IMO but he's no Marvin Harrison .

But only 1 season was he in the top ten at 6 his worst 2012 , 30'th his average mid teens .

I'm surprised you did'nt look it up I did ..

What's to look up,  I have no idea what you're talking about?!

Top-10 in what?    Receptions,  total receiving yards,  average per catch,  TD's?

Your sentence about his record isn't even written in understandable English.

I'm talking about his overall body of work,  and how he is viewed by those who cover the NFL, and how he is paid.       He's paid like a top-10 guy,    and he's called a top-10 guy by ESPN, NFL.com and most knowledgeable  websites that cover the NFL.

And I never called him Marvin Harrison.    No one does.    So that's a Strawman.

You can be a top-10 WR without being Marvin Harrison.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What's to look up,  I have no idea what you're talking about?!

Top-10 in what?    Receptions,  total receiving yards,  average per catch,  TD's?

Your sentence about his record isn't even written in understandable English.

I'm talking about his overall body of work,  and how he is viewed by those who cover the NFL, and how he is paid.       He's paid like a top-10 guy,    and he's called a top-10 guy by ESPN, NFL.com and most knowledgeable  websites that cover the NFL.

And I never called him Marvin Harrison.    No one does.    So that's a Strawman.

You can be a top-10 WR without being Marvin Harrison.

Look up some facts your opinion is a poor substitute.

Overall body of work catching a pigskin yeah so far your wrong in 1 category .

Reading comprehension a problem for you ?

Called top 10 , Paid top 10 really com'on man that the best you got ? 

Its what you do on the field maybe there just lazy & don't do there homework I got news for you ,

Just because its said on ESPN or NFL .com that don't mean its true don't be lazy if your gonna say something back it up with more than a hole lot of opinions .

Point was Marvin Harrison was a top 10 WR & I don't need ESPN or NFL.com no know it T.Y is not .

You opinion is worth no more than anyone else if you would like to add a lil actual knowledge I'd be happy to hear it .

I gave you 1 stat you should easily recognize if you know so much . If your really as smart as you think you'll have no problem laying out facts to bolster your weak post .

1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Look up some facts your opinion is a poor substitute.

Overall body of work catching a pigskin yeah so far your wrong in 1 category .

Reading comprehension a problem for you ?

Called top 10 , Paid top 10 really com'on man that the best you got ? 

Its what you do on the field maybe there just lazy & don't do there homework I got news for you ,

Just because its said on ESPN or NFL .com that don't mean its true don't be lazy if your gonna say something back it up with more than a hole lot of opinions .

Point was Marvin Harrison was a top 10 WR & I don't need ESPN or NFL.com no know it T.Y is not .

You opinion is worth no more than anyone else if you would like to add a lil actual knowledge I'd be happy to hear it .

I gave you 1 stat you should easily recognize if you know so much . If your really as smart as you think you'll have no problem laying out facts to bolster your weak post .

OK.....

I've given you a couple of chances and you've flunked them both.

I've spoken to you with respect and you haven't returned the favor.

So,  we're done.

I'll try my best not to respond to your posts,  and I strongly suggest you do the same.

Avoid me.      Steer clear of me.

You have no idea how to be an adult on message board -- so I won't waste my time with you.

Goodbye......      

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK.....

I've given you a couple of chances and you've flunked them both.

I've spoken to you with respect and you haven't returned the favor.

So,  we're done.

I'll try my best not to respond to your posts,  and I strongly suggest you do the same.

Avoid me.      Steer clear of me.

You have no idea how to be an adult on message board -- so I won't waste my time with you.

Goodbye......      

Yeah no soup for you ...

I'v given you a couple of opportunities to back up your opinions with facts clearly your unable too '

I looked at the stats you were wrong period & I steer clear of no one I'v just given my opinion & they are based in reality I can post the stats for you if your to lazy to google before you post .Just say please & I'll hook a brother up ..:thmup:  

I do agree don't waste your time on me just try looking up some facts before you try calling opinions facts .

The only two things frustrating about it to me is sometimes it can go on for multiple pages you have to go through. Other times (probably like this one could eventually be) a good thread gets locked because of it. Its like we need a separate thread entirely for fighting...Though logically it would just find its way at some point in other threads

47 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Yeah no soup for you ...

I'v given you a couple of opportunities to back up your opinions with facts clearly your unable too '

I looked at the stats you were wrong period & I steer clear of no one I'v just given my opinion & they are based in reality I can post the stats for you if your to lazy to google before you post .Just say please & I'll hook a brother up ..:thmup:  

I do agree don't waste your time on me just try looking up some facts before you try calling opinions facts .

Thanks for proving my point.....

Goodbye.

On 2/11/2016 at 11:48 PM, zibby43 said:

Year - Receptions - Yards - TDs

2012 - 50 -  861 - 7 (*Only started 1 game in 2012)

2013 - 82 - 1083 - 5

2014 - 82 - 1345 - 7

2015 - 69 - 1124 - 5

Over the last 4 years, T.Y. Hilton has been one of the most explosive, productive, and consistent WRs in the league.

Last year, T.Y., despite playing the vast majority of the season hurt, put up the second highest yardage total of his career.  T.Y. hit the 1000+ yard mark despite the fact he had to play with 4 different QBs.

He also matched his second-highest TD total.

I think you are severely, severely underrating T.Y. Hilton.

Hilton is a top 10 receiver in the NFL.

Here are the only guys I'd rank clearly ahead of him right now, in no particular order: Antonio Bryant, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, and Jordy Nelson (when healthy).  I'm not basing this list solely on production.  I'm also taking into consideration things like overall speed, route running ability, etc.  

Calvin Johnson is retiring, and Larry Fitzgerald is on the downslope of his career.

T.Y. Hilton, last year, had more yards than Dez Bryant (Bryant was hurt for a while), slightly less yards than A.J. Green, more yards than Randall Cobb, and more yards than Julian Edelman (Edelman also missed some time, but had Brady the entire season).

The fact that TY put up over 1000 yards with like 5 different QBs this past year is impressive IMO.

receptions       yards        td's 

2012   50    #74    861   # 30    7  #22        

2013  82   #19    1,083  #18    5   # 69 

2014  82  # 21    1,345 #6       7   #  44

2015  69  # 37     1,124  # 16   5    #  71 

A poster stated according to all the experts on ESPN & NFL.com T.Y Hilton was a top 10 WR  the stats don't bear that out . 

I'm happy with his production but we measured Harrison & Wayne by there 100 reception seasons thats why they made the big money , T.Y got the big contract based on potential  he clearly is productive but only once in 1 category has he been in the top 10 in the regular season . 

Message boards are full of opinions , But  stats are a way of keeping the conversation based in reality a starting point they may not tell the whole story but the do tell you who is in the top 10.

So when a poster claims we all should know this I  think its a good reason to check it out for my self just the facts are important .

Opinions not so much..

On February 11, 2016 at 9:22 AM, SteelDragon said:

Can we just build though the draft and be patient? 

That's my preference. Green Bay is the model franchise for drafting. They do not delve into FA or trades very much and are contenders every year. If it weren't for bad luck with injuries, they'd probably have another ring or two.