Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This sounds eerily like the 2013 SB when the Seahawks knew what was coming

chad72

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

You would think that with two weeks of preparation, the league's top offensive scoring unit would be able to come up with some new plays and get creative knowing that they were facing a monster D. 

I agree. To me Cam wasn't aggressive like he has been all season. When we played them Luck was aggressive and played like it was the SB by running, etc.. I also think the Seahawks were a much better team than this Carolina team though is 1 reason why they took Denver out.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. To me Cam wasn't aggressive like he has been all season. When we played them Luck was aggressive and played like it was the SB by running, etc.. I also think the Seahawks were a much better team than this Carolina team though is 1 reason why they took Denver out.

Yeah, maybe not offensively but no doubt defensively. Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, Chancellor, Mebane...that defense has a lot of studs and they were sick and tired of hearing about how Manning was going to dismantle them. Russ did his part too. I haven't watched SB 50 yet so I don't know how Cam played but it sounds like the Broncos defense was all over him. A great defense trumps a great offense the majority of the time.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm surprised Cam didn't run more like he did on the scoring drive...

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

I'm surprised Cam didn't run more like he did on the scoring drive...

That's what I thought would be the key to the game. I thought going in if he breaks off 2 or 3 big runs at any given time that would keep Denver's Defense honest where they would have to think twice just teeing off on him by blitzing. He just never was real assertive.

10 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Yeah, maybe not offensively but no doubt defensively. Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, Chancellor, Mebane...that defense has a lot of studs and they were sick and tired of hearing about how Manning was going to dismantle them. Russ did his part too. I haven't watched SB 50 yet so I don't know how Cam played but it sounds like the Broncos defense was all over him. A great defense trumps a great offense the majority of the time.

cam also threw his fair share of air-balls as well, on the rare occasion he had the semblance of an OL...

19 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

cam also threw his fair share of air-balls as well, on the rare occasion he had the semblance of an OL...

He was probably seeing ghosts in the pocket after being hit so much lol. The main contributor of terrible passes :P

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

He has mechanical issues. He often doesn't step into his throws, doesn't transfer weight from back to front, holds the ball too low, etc. He wasn't stepping up on a lot of throws Sunday, and it might be because the pocket was collapsing around him, but I don't think it's any different from how he normally plays.

The Broncos lost in 2013 because their OT's were manhandled and their D was missing Miller, Harris, Wolf and more. The same thing happened on Sunday with the highest sack % in SB history (5 sacks allowed in 28 Manning dropbacks) but Elway built a team that could withstand that. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The book on Cam is ..rough him up early and he gets frustrated...

That he did..LOL.

I was all for Cam... until I saw his 2nd interview post SB. ...

3 minutes ago, jjcolts said:

The book on Cam is ..rough him up early and he gets frustrated...

That he did..LOL.

I was all for Cam... until I saw his 2nd interview post SB. ...

After I seen what Denver's Defense did against the Steelers and Patriots I really felt great about my prediction going into the SB. To me the winner of that AFC Title Game wouldve been the SB Champ. Brady wouldve beat Carolina as well, Pats Defense wouldve played well enough to give Brady his chances.

3 hours ago, bababooey said:

They didn't do everything they saw on film, no dabbing or handing balls to kids....

No team selfies on the sidelines before the game was over either. [Atlanta Falcons week 14 38-0 reference]

Oops! There's always next year to growl & win Panthers fans. 

22 hours ago, chad72 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000634691/article/marshall-panthers-did-everything-we-saw-on-film

Does 2 weeks to prepare really give elite Ds a bigger edge? I do wonder. Seahawks in 2013 also stated they knew what was coming vs Peyton. 

To answer your question yes it does.

Offenses are built upon execution. The whole season is getting together a core package in which you can call and the team can execute.  There are trick plays yes but those deviations from the standard playbook is a very small percentage because changing plays every week hurts offenses who need top tier execution.  Defenses on the other hand are reactionary.  They are always working on the fly off of previous analysis of plays they store in their minds.  2 weeks of being able to study an offense is a much larger help than an offense studying a defense.  If the offense worries so much about what the defense is going to do they would have to change significant portions and turn the 2 weeks from relaxing walk through into an OTA mini camo which means players are tired.  Defenses have always had this advantage over byes.  It's the main reason why Peyton had so much has trouble in Indy when he came off those bye weeks in the playoffs.

23 hours ago, chad72 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000634691/article/marshall-panthers-did-everything-we-saw-on-film

Does 2 weeks to prepare really give elite Ds a bigger edge? I do wonder. Seahawks in 2013 also stated they knew what was coming vs Peyton. 

The broncos often brought both Safeties in on a blitz forcing Cam out of pocket into someones waiting arms or he did throw aways Double safty blitz is  quite unusual But Wade felt  his CB's can man up

and didnt need the over the top help all the time

1 hour ago, bayone said:

The broncos often brought both Safeties in on a blitz forcing Cam out of pocket into someones waiting arms or he did throw aways Double safty blitz is  quite unusual But Wade felt  his CB's can man up

and didnt need the over the top help all the time

Nice defensive breakdown there Barry. Wade Phillips is definitely the star of SB 50 no question. 

To me the Panthers were uptight.  I could tell the moment was bigger than what they thought it would be.  I thought they played well defensively, but you could tell the offensive players were uptight and making mistakes.  Cam was probably more uptight than all the rest of them.

43 minutes ago, krunk said:

To me the Panthers were uptight.  I could tell the moment was bigger than what they thought it would be.  I thought they played well defensively, but you could tell the offensive players were uptight and making mistakes.  Cam was probably more uptight than all the rest of them.

That's what I was hoping for too krunk especially when no analyst said that I saw on TV anyway that the Panthers under Rivera have never played in a SB before & that inexperience might overwhelm them offensively especially Cam who has never played in a game of this magnitude before & Peyton already has played in 3 SBs before his final Feb. 7th victory. 

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

That's what I was hoping for too krunk especially when no analyst said that I saw on TV anyway that the Panthers under Rivera have never played in a SB before & that inexperience must overwhelm them offensively especially Cam who has never played in a game of this magnitude before & Peyton already has played in 3 SBs before his final Feb. 7th victory. 

Yeah I definitely felt the more experienced team was going to win.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I would also say they were a little cocky going into the game....that is until they got smacked in the mouth the first time. I also think the noise level was higher than they expected. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was a Denver home game.