Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam didn't dive for the fumble because he didnt want to risk injury.

Dustin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Marino, Kelly, Fouts, and Moon are Elite but for some reason most people base everything on Rings. Especially Patriots and Steelers fans. I would take Marino over Bradshaw and it's 4-0 Bradshaw. I think Rings are important but so are how great the player is who played the position, carrying a team, Stats, etc..

There are a fair amount of guys I'd take over Bradshaw.

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

What is your point?  This is the Super Bowl not a carnival.  Cam Newton is one of the most gifted athletes I have ever seen.  He easily could have gotten this football.  He is bigger than almost anyone jumping in the pile.

Contorted legs...Whatever Ruk.  

@Dustin I quoted Ruk and it was you as recipient.  I apologize.

The ball was in motion. Perhaps, in the .03 seconds he had to contemplate diving, he thought diving would lead him away from the ball? 

Perhaps he did consider diving, but in desperation, he wanted to attempt to recover the ball without killing the play. Our own phenom QB does the same thing all the time ... .. trying too hard to keep the play alive. 

I do not like these games of "what if" that are played with absolutely no regard to the lightening speed at which things unfold during live action. 

2 minutes ago, ruksak said:

Explain. 

Don't just "LMAO" like a teenage girl. 

For starters, he said he didn't dive because he would have hurt his leg and then justified it by saying a lot of QBs don't chase down defenders on INTs. That should be enough right there. 

Secondly, there was no random bouncing of the ball. It hit the turf and rolled a foot forward. There was no prepping for it. And even if that was the reason, he didn't state anywhere that that was the case, which even if a lie, would have been a lot better than what he actually said. 

He had the benefit of the doubt and a plethora of excuses to choose and he chose the worst one possible. 

Just now, snkdy said:

Lol. I defend Cam a lot, but this was the worst possible answer he could have given. Someone needs to take the mic away already.

He is a terrible speaker. He doesn't articulate his thoughts well at all. But ... he is only a man. We shouldn't be so clumsy in judging his actions after getting his butt kicked for a few hours. 

5 minutes ago, ruksak said:

He is a terrible speaker. He doesn't articulate his thoughts well at all. But ... he is only a man. We shouldn't be so clumsy in judging his actions after getting his butt kicked for a few hours. 

I see what you're saying, which is why I didn't blame him for walking out on the press conference immediately after the loss. This looks worse though. I'm sure he'll learn from it.

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

Secondly, there was no random bouncing of the ball.  

It's a football, guy. They tend to bounce randomly in any direction. We see players diving for loose balls allt he time, only to end up with arms full of air. 

Look.... I'm just saying that I don't try to pretend I know he could've gotten that fumble back by diving. I don't pretend he didn't want to put in the effort to win. 

You do. 

Keep pretending. Tell us about how you won the championship at Polk High.

Anywho... I'm not a huge supporter of Cam. Rather, I've ripped his rear numerous times on this site for his man-child behavior. But I'm not going to second guess his decision (or inability) to not dive on a loose ball. 

10 minutes ago, ruksak said:

The ball was in motion. Perhaps, in the .03 seconds he had to contemplate diving, he thought diving would lead him away from the ball? 

Perhaps he did consider diving, but in desperation, he wanted to attempt to recover the ball without killing the play. Our own phenom QB does the same thing all the time ... .. trying too hard to keep the play alive. 

I do not like these games of "what if" that are played with absolutely no regard to the lightening speed at which things unfold during live action. 

Bottom line his that his attitude and lack of effort is being slammed by millions and millions of people.  

Nobody believes me that I am not a Cam hater.  I loved watching his great play during the regular season.  

I only said in one thread that Experience wins in the Super Bowl....and this is what I expected from Carolina.

3 minutes ago, ruksak said:

It's a football, guy. They tend to bounce randomly in any direction. We see players diving for loose balls allt he time, only to end up with arms full of air. 

Yeah, but we have video evidence that that isn't the case here, fella. 

8 minutes ago, ruksak said:

You mean the same millions of people that think Eli is jealous of Peyton and secretly wanted his brother to lose due to some warped game of sibling one-ups-manship? 

Those same people? Random potatoes who now have a voice thanks to this technological wonder we call social media? Those people? 

Yes, Cam is a brat. But that dude is a warrior on the field, and I will never doubt his zeal.

1 minute ago, ruksak said:

You mean the same millions of people that think Eli is jealous of Peyton and secretly wanted his brother to lose due to some warped game of sibling one-ups-manship? 

Those same people? Random potatoes who now have a voice thanks to this technological wonder we call social media? Those people? 

Yes, Cam is a brat. But that dude is a warrior on the field, and I will never doubt his zeal.

You're basically implying that Cam Newton is lying to make himself look worse.

1 minute ago, ruksak said:

Not sure warrior is the right word.  He is very good,    but far from a warrior 

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

You're basically implying that Cam Newton is lying to make himself look worse.

This is where I will point out that these guys are professional football players, not professional speakers. Many of them cannot articulate themselves verbally. Cam is one of those people. 

I always thought him a punk with his little towel over the head, sitting alone act he would pull in the past when he was losing. But he's earned my respect as a warrior on the field, and a damn good passer. 

I honestly feel people here are trying too hard to extrapolate intent form a 4 second snippet of video from the game. 

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not sure warrior is the right word.  He is very good,    but far from a warrior 

camrun.0.gif

His effort is impressive. He doesn't hold back, and he fails to dive on a ball (for whatever reason) and now his haters are feasting well tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Dustin said:

You can't honestly think the way that ball bounced was random. It basically stuck to the field like a magnet and rolled a foot and a half.

Errrmmmm....the way it did bounce may not be the way he thought it would bounce. 

Am I getting my point across yet or......? 

Maybe he thought the ball would bounce back, or forward, or up, or left or right? Maybe he thought he could scoop it and run for a huge gain? 

Dunno, but I cannot buy-in that he gave up. Sorry, not gonna do it, even though I don't really like his personality much. 

3 minutes ago, ruksak said:

Errrmmmm....the way it did bounce may not be the way he thought it would bounce. 

Am I getting my point across yet or......? 

Maybe he thought the ball would bounce back, or forward, or up, or left or right? Maybe he thought he could scoop it and run for a huge gain? 

Dunno, but I cannot buy-in that he gave up. Sorry, not gonna do it, even though I don't really like his personality much. 

He gave up, because that's what he said he did. Unless you know more about why the guy does than he does. This isn't some advanced psychoanalysis of some guy that's a cross between the dumbest human on the planet and a pathological liar. He said he quit, end of the debate until he further clarifies his own intent of his own actions. 

Good golly. 

I get get that some people are going to have differing opinions on this guy. Emotional players tend to do that (see Brady). 

I was was on his case like most people and my opinion is the same but it's time to move on. He played pretty bad and made some bad calls (not going after the ball with more gusto and the press conference) but he's young and has maturity issues. Neither change the fact he's a talented player. 

By the by, this whole haters label is pretty tireed and worn out. People can not like players for so many reasons and that's fine. They aren't bad people just like his fans are bad people based solely on their like/dislike of him.

Lets just get along and get ready for a long offseason and be friends again!

And yes, I could use a haircut.

2 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Interesting you've mentioned Youngblood, thinking about some of the main storylines coming from this past SB, I've been reminded of the Rams 'Fearsome Foursome' with guys like Youngblood & Olsen. Guys who were beasts on the field, but who brought a level of integrity to the game off the field... 

It's not a big deal,  but just for the record,  Jack Youngblood wasn't a member of the Fearsome Foursome.

He came after,  in the 70's and 80's.

The fearsome foursome was in the 60's and early 70's.    Deacon Jones and Lamar Lundy at ends,  Merlin Olsen and Rosie Grier at the tackles.

Perhaps not quite as great as Pittsburgh's Steel Curtain from the 70's,  but still great in their own right...

1 hour ago, ruksak said:

For cripes sake.....

He didn't say #@!$ about injury. He said his legs were contorted. Allow me to explain what this means to all the fat, lazy loudmouths who cannot be buggered to buy their food from a restaurant without a drive-through.

If your ankle is planted and even just a few degrees in the wrong direction, you cannot leap to the ground without repositioning yourself. These things happen at the speed of lightening. 

camfumble2.0.gif

That's an oblong spheroid (football) which, for anyone that has actually played football, bounces with absolute unpredictability. Cam's legs are planted, he thinks it's going to bounce one way, it went the other way. 

Earlier on;

camdeep.0.gif

He completes the games longest pass while getting absolutely nuked by a defender with a  free rush. Afraid of injury? Get the hell outta here, plebs. 

All this is great analysis. It isn't actally responsive to anything I said and assumes that I meant more than what I actually said, but okay...I certainly don't get why you are getting personal with me. 

21 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Good golly. 

I get get that some people are going to have differing opinions on this guy. Emotional players tend to do that (see Brady). 

I was was on his case like most people and my opinion is the same but it's time to move on. He played pretty bad and made some bad calls (not going after the ball with more gusto and the press conference) but he's young and has maturity issues. Neither change the fact he's a talented player. 

By the by, this whole haters label is pretty tireed and worn out. People can not like players for so many reasons and that's fine. They aren't bad people just like his fans are bad people based solely on their like/dislike of him.

Lets just get along and get ready for a long offseason and be friends again!

And yes, I could use a haircut.

Hater is just a word to excuse the inexcusable.

Cam brought this on himself. He loves attention and now he's getting some. 

I will say this based off that NFL Network video clip that Chad72 posted...It's not a good look how indifferent Cam's demeanor & tone is regarding his failure to retrieve the fumble. It's also not smart to say that the Panthers didn't lose the game over that play. Actually, you kind of did. 

Also, the last thing Carolina fans wanna hear is your disinterested attitude over your failure Cam to acknowledge in hindsight that you wish you could have that play back. This is even worse than walking off the SB stage because it sends a message to your fan base that success as a team isn't your top priority. OUCH. 

Look, here's what Cam should have said: "This game comes down to a few essential plays & that was 1 of them that I should have capitalized on & didn't. I should have gone after the ball. That's on me & I'm sorry Panthers Nation. Maybe I was scared. Maybe it just happened so fast it bewildered me & took me out of my comfort zone along with Von Miller's tremendous speed. If we ever play in a SB again, I can promise you that I will lunge for the ball & not worry about wrecking my body. I screwed up. I caused this momentum swing. It's on me." 

Cam's laissez faire demeanor is just a bad look. Maybe he's just exhausted from all the heat he is getting & he figures I'm darned no matter what I do in the media's eyes. 

Not a good impression Cam. You have a ton of damage control to do & you're not doing yourself any favors coming across as I don't care & only I am my coaches & teammates know the truth.