Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Lindley waived

RockThatBlue

10 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Or they're actually interested in bringing back Hasselbeck..

I wouldn't mind seeing him come back as a coach, supposedly he's a big help in the film room.  But his days as a QB should be over.  He couldn't throw the ball accurately more than 15 yards by the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I wouldn't mind seeing him come back as a coach, supposedly he's a big help in the film room.  But his days as a QB should be over.  He couldn't throw the ball accurately more than 15 yards by the end of the season.

Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away...it is apt for the last 2 QBs from the 1998 draft remaining - Peyton Manning and Matt Hasselback. :)

Are teams allowed to start releasing players? I noticed the Titans released FS Michael Griffin today as well. If that is the case, Indy needs to cut ties with Andre Johnson, Trent Cole, and D'Qwell Jackson asap to free up cap room and start strategizing for free agency. Art Jones, Bjoern Werner, and Erik Walden could also be in danger of getting cut or getting restructured.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away...it is apt for the last 2 QBs from the 1998 draft remaining - Peyton Manning and Matt Hasselback. :)

Isn't his name "Forty Year Old Matt Hasselbeck"?  That's what the TV announcers said every time they mentioned him.  

Good luck in the future Matt!  Get out while you're still walking without a limp....or worse!

if i was in the Indy front office i dont think i would bring back MH for anything else than a QB coach of some sort, we are far better off with Freeman as a backup if he is willing to take a full time backup role behind AL. What he did this year was borderline inhuman but after 3 games you clearly could see the fatigue setting in, for his own sake please retire Matt! lol on a side note did anyone see Paganos interviews during superbowl week, he sayd Lindley was driving Uber when they called him in! lol

21 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Are teams allowed to start releasing players? I noticed the Titans released FS Michael Griffin today as well. If that is the case, Indy needs to cut ties with Andre Johnson, Trent Cole, and D'Qwell Jackson asap to free up cap room and start strategizing for free agency. Art Jones, Bjoern Werner, and Erik Walden could also be in danger of getting cut or getting restructured.

There is NO Reason to do it asap.  DQ isn`t going anywhere.