Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts coaching staff changes (merged)

MTC

56 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Wish we could've somehow landed Grant Heard from Ole Miss. I mean that guy is creating some Monster Receivers. Heard speculation that he is looking into transitioning to the NFL if the right opportunity arises. Wouldn't be a bad Idea to reunite him with Moncreif.  

Seems like they have a good receiver or two coming out every year. 

5 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I thought that Philbin was already given assistant HC title... I guess I misread somewhere... Maybe "assistant to the head coach" is different, though. 

Philbin is the associate head coach. 

3 hours ago, MTC said:

Philbin is the associate head coach. 

LOL. 

This sounds like the research professors at graduate school based on the number of papers published. Assistant professor and associate professor.

Throw a name on the wall and hope it sticks :thmup:

39 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Meh, Not sure how to feel about the move. Not really enthused, He has no history of being a wr coach from what I can find. Hope it works out though

He's got almost 10 years of being a WR coach between Maryland and Oregon State. Then there is the hire of Hayes Stoker who was the receivers coach with Tampa. As the assistant to the head coach im assuming he will work closely with Hull.

Edited by krunk

41 minutes ago, krunk said:

He's got almost 10 years of being a WR coach between Maryland and Oregon State. Then there is the hire of Hayes Stoker who was the receivers coach with Tampa. As the assistant to the head coach im assuming he will work closely with Hull.

Found it now, "Hull came to Morgan State from Maryland, where he had been the Terps wide receivers coach from 2008 to 2013. During that span, he helped develop former McDonogh graduate Darrius Heyward-Bey and Torrey Smith into first- and second-round NFL draft picks by the Oakland Raiders and Ravens, respectively. Former Terps LaQuan Williams and Tony Logan were signed by the Ravens and New England Patriots, respectively."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bal-morgan-state-football-coach-lee-hull-leaving-for-assistant-job-with-indianapolis-colts-20160208-story.html

Did not dig deep enough this time

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

LOL. 

This sounds like the research professors at graduate school based on the number of papers published. Assistant professor and associate professor.

dont worry soon while have senior executive assistant HC

This hire is interesting to me. Quadrian Banks as conditioning / performance analyst. He was with the Eagles the last three years, working directly with Shaun Huls, the guy who structured their non-traditional workout program and practice schedule. I don't know if Huls is joining Chip Kelly in San Francisco, but Banks is coming to the Colts. He's an analyst, but I assume he's bringing some ideas with him. 

Banks served as the assistant strength and conditioning coach of the Philadelphia Eagles for the last three seasons (2013-15). He has 11 years of coaching experience, including eight years at the collegiate level.

Prior to joining the NFL, Banks was the director of athletic performance for two seasons (2011-12) at Gardner-Webb University, where he and his staff were responsible for the school’s 21 intercollegiate teams. He was originally hired as the football program’s director of strength and conditioning in 2011.

Banks served as the assistant strength and conditioning coach at the University of Mississippi from 2008-2010 and the University of Richmond from 2007-08. At Richmond, he was part of a staff that helped develop the football team into a national championship program as the Spiders finished with a 9-3 record and won the 2008 NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision National Championship over Montana.

In 2007, Banks was the assistant director of athletic performance at Hampton University. He assisted in the development of current Colts defensive end Kendall Langford, whom was selected in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins. Banks joined Hampton’s staff after two years as the head strength and conditioning coach at Prairie View A&M.

Banks began his career as a student assistant with the strength and conditioning program at his alma mater, the University of Texas, where he worked exclusively with the football and basketball programs. He also worked in the private sector with Train 4 The Game in Austin, Texas (2003-04) and Velocity Sports Performance (2006).

A native of Dallas, Texas, Banks graduated from Texas with a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology, health promotion and fitness in 2003. He also earned his master’s degree in health and physical education from Prairie View A&M in 2005.

As the Colts conditioning analyst, his first job will be to look at our injury history numbers and say "What in tarnation???"  Then he will look to see if our workout complex is built on a long cursed Druid burial grounds.  ONce he settles in and gets used to it, he'll make sure our 5th string RB is in good shape because he will get the load of carries.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't know if Hayes-Stoker gets the exact same title as Chudzinskii had,  but if he does,  I do NOT expect his job responsibilities to be the same as Chuds.

Chud had already been an NFL Head Coach and a successful NFL offensive coordinator.

This new guy has been an NFL assistant coach (WR) and a college assistant (WR)   that appears to be it.

Hard to see Pagano turning to this guy for advice and insight.     I think the job will be restructured and the position will have far different responsibilities as what Chud had.     I don't mean for this to be a knock on the new guy,   only pointing out the vast difference in the experience of the two men should imply that they won't be doing the same job.

Just my two cents from two-thousand miles away.......           :peek:

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know if Hayes-Stoker gets the exact same title as Chudzinskii had,  but if he does,  I do NOT expect his job responsibilities to be the same as Chuds.

Chud had already been an NFL Head Coach and a successful NFL offensive coordinator.

This new guy has been an NFL assistant coach (WR) and a college assistant (WR)   that appears to be it.

Hard to see Pagano turning to this guy for advice and insight.     I think the job will be restructured and the position will have far different responsibilities as what Chud had.     I don't mean for this to be a knock on the new guy,   only pointing out the vast difference in the experience of the two men should imply that they won't be doing the same job.

This is one of those times were the difference is in the semantics, and it actually means a great deal. Chudzinski was the assistant head coach. Hayes-Stoker is an assistant to the head coach. Big difference.

Philbin is now the assistant head coach, not Hayes-Stoker. Hayes-Stoker is technically not a coach. http://www.colts.com/team/staff.html

dwight-finished-2.jpg

59 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

See Supermans post

1 hour ago, Superman said:

This is one of those times were the difference is in the semantics, and it actually means a great deal. Chudzinski was the assistant head coach. Hayes-Stoker is an assistant to the head coach. Big difference.

Philbin is now the assistant head coach, not Hayes-Stoker. Hayes-Stoker is technically not a coach. http://www.colts.com/team/staff.html

dwight-finished-2.jpg

Thanks......

I figured it was something like this.....

To think that the new guy was replacing Chud with the same responsibilities just didn't make any sense.....

Appreciate your insight....

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

LOL. 

Who we do we hire for the associate assistant executive to the head  coach :panic: