Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The next team for Peyton manning????

coltsorioles

If Peyton Manning does play another season who would it be with? He said he does not want to learn a new offense. 3 teams fit that category. Broncos, Lions, Dolphins.  The dolphins have Adam gase with Clyde C. They have a decent defense. The Lions have Jim Caldwell and Jim Bob cooter. And just stay in Denver.      You also hear about the Rams. Or how about a backup qb for the colts or giants

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's done imo. I could see it in the looks of his family member's faces, the look when he left the field, the congratulations he received from his teammates, the look in his eyes when he received the Superbowl trophy, I think the writing is all over the wall. I don't picture him doing a Brett Favre, either, even if he loves the game as he says he does.

I'm all aboard the train that thinks he still has it and that this year was an aberration. It was a new system that lost both top offensive tackles and replaced them with a guy off the couch and one who won't make the team next year. Once they realized that the D was all time great and that the OL couldn't guarantee either QB would stay healthy, they stubbornly became a run first team and ultimately got a SB. I think he could get back to the playoffs with a team like Houston but at this point, why bother? Go out on top and be a living legend in two cities. He and Elway will be the only two HOF QB's to go out on top and he should put that above the fact he knows he can still play and run an offense his way if he wanted to. 

7 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

If Peyton Manning does play another season who would it be with? He said he does not want to learn a new offense. 3 teams fit that category. Broncos, Lions, Dolphins.  The dolphins have Adam gase with Clyde C. They have a decent defense. The Lions have Jim Caldwell and Jim Bob cooter. And just stay in Denver.      You also hear about the Rams. Or how about a backup qb for the colts or giants

If Manning was to continue playing it would not be the dolphins or lions.   They have Tannehill and Stafford.  I think the only real option would be denver,  but I think he hangs them up

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If Manning was to continue playing it would not be the dolphins or lions.   They have Tannehill and Stafford.  I think the only real option would be denver,  but I think he hangs them up

I also think that the only option is Denver if he stays. I also think that Elway would find a way to make that happen. Brock isn't ready to lead that team and he probably never will be. They get Clady and another OL man back from injuries. They will be even better next year. That is the lure. A very good chance to get back to the Super Bowl. Whatever he decides to do will be fine with me, he has earned that right. Selfishly, I would love to see him play one more year and put most of those passing and win records out of reach of any QB now playing.

1 minute ago, Live and let live said:

Why would he turn his back on a team that brought him back when the Colts dumped him and that he took to two Super Bowls in four years. I love Peyton. I loved his years in Indy but Peyton is a Bronco.

14 years >4 years

I must be missing something: why would Manning play for another team? He's a Bronco now, and I don't understand why Denver would think of releasing him. There are talks of his retirement, but if he decides to play another year or so, why wouldn't it be for Denver? Salary cap issues??? 

4 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I must be missing something: why would Manning play for another team? He's a Bronco now, and I don't understand why Denver would think of releasing him. There are talks of his retirement, but if he decides to play another year or so, why wouldn't it be for Denver? Salary cap issues??? 

You never know they could cut him haha

My own personal opinion is that he is retiring.  

I think if he played one more year it would be with the Broncos since he is still under contract for that time period, but I also  think the Broncos will stick with Brock, the QB of their future.   As much as I love Peyton, I don't think he can sustain a full season again.   I believe taking the 6 weeks off to rest and heal is what got him "well enough"  to finish the season.    What better way to call it a career than hoisting the :lombardi: .   

It's time.   

Thanks for the Memories,  It's been great.

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

My own personal opinion is that he is retiring.  

I think if he played one more year it would be with the Broncos since he is still under contract for that time period, but I also  think the Broncos will stick with Brock, the QB of their future.   As much as I love Peyton, I don't think he can sustain a full season again.   I believe taking the 6 weeks off to rest and heal is what got him "well enough"  to finish the season.    What better way to call it a career than hoisting the :lombardi: .   

It's time.   

Thanks for the Memories,  It's been great.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Live and let live said:

Why would he turn his back on a team that brought him back when the Colts dumped him and that he took to two Super Bowls in four years. I love Peyton. I loved his years in Indy but Peyton is a Bronco.

You may love Peyton, but you are highly delusional when talking about Manning's release.... Irsay did Manning a favor. Do you think he'd even remotely have the same success here if we had kept him?

8 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

You may love Peyton, but you are highly delusional when talking about Manning's release.... Irsay did Manning a favor. Do you think he'd even remotely have the same success here if we had kept him?

There has never been more of a win-win in the NFL than Peyton going to the Broncos so the Colts could draft Luck. The writing was on the wall, and it only hurt because it was hard, but it wasn't wrong.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

21 million dollar cap hit vs 2.5 million dead cap if they cut him

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

14 years >4 years

4 years as a Bronco>14 years as a colt.

2 Super Bowls and one win in those 4 years.

2 of the greatest years by a QB in the history of the NFL in those 4 years.

Unbelievable team and fan support for those four years compared to the dismal end in Indy.

Perhaps you are right but I don't believe it. If Peyton retires, he will just announce it and they may be it. You may be able to get him back for the ring of honor or you may not. I doubt he will ever comment on how he felt about the whole affair. I listened to what his father said about it and I expect that would be close to Peyton's thoughts as well. Anyway, great job Peyton and I will honor and celebrate however you decide to handle everything.

1 minute ago, Live and let live said:

Unbelievable team and fan support for those four years compared to the dismal end in Indy.

Perhaps you are right but I don't believe it. If Peyton retires, he will just announce it and they may be it. You may be able to get him back for the ring of honor or you may not. I doubt he will ever comment on how he felt about the whole affair. I listened to what his father said about it and I expect that would be close to Peyton's thoughts as well. Anyway, great job Peyton and I will honor and celebrate however you decide to handle everything.

You don't know much about the broncos fan base if you think they gave him unbelievable support

4 minutes ago, Live and let live said:

Except they booed him multiple times when the going got tough. The team won in spite of him this year, which he truly deserves.

2 minutes ago, Live and let live said:

I guess you didn't see all of the "Suck for Luck" signs. But, that is OK, think what you want, I didn't comment to make you angry or anything.

Very few suck for luck signs in the stadium.   A very small minority.  Indy has given him far more support than the broncos fans have.  It isn't close

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Very few suck for luck signs in the stadium.   A very small minority.  Indy has given him far more support than the broncos fans have.  It isn't close

I guess that we just disagree about that. Read the boards here. I am sure he had detractors in Denver too but some people on this forum are way out in left field (thanks for the concept, Babe).

4 hours ago, Live and let live said:

I guess you didn't see all of the "Suck for Luck" signs. But, that is OK, think what you want, I didn't comment to make you angry or anything.

Do you realize Peyton had a broken neck and was in his mid 30's? Why wouldn't we want Luck? This was the ultimate win-win as painful as it was.

Just now, Live and let live said:

I don't have a problem with that at all but when he doesn't sign for one day to retire as a Colt, you will see how he felt about it.

I knew if he won he most likely would not retire as a Colt on a one day contract. I think everyone is OK with that. You think he likes Indianapolis any less because he's not there anymore? He still continued contribute to the community from Denver. Indy had a higher television rating in the SB than Denver. There is literally no animosity other than the ones who make it up in their heads that there was bad blood when he literally had a broken neck, was owed a ton of money and in his mid 30's and we had the number 1 pick on a once in a generation QB and a 2-14 team to completely rebuild. We beat him 3 of 4 times, he went to two SBs and won one. Now we have Luck entering his prime while Peyton can't throw a ball. Literally can't get any more win win than that.