Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I can't dislike Russell Wilson after this letter

chad72

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks dgm for your complements about RW @ WI & promoting his future success even if he had been drafted by Jimmy & Grigs. 

I'm glad I'm not the only 1 who had no idea who that white guy in that NFL Bose headphones commercial was. I feel better now knowing that I wasn't the only person with no clue that he was a rap artist. SW1 appreciates you saying that more than you know. :thmup:

Never heard of him...don't listen to much music at all..and when I do it isn't anything on that end of the spectrum. I didn't even know there were white rappers....and certainly didn't know they were famous enough to get their own commercials....but I'm more of talk radio/sports kind of radio listener. There isn't a time I cant find something interesting to listen to even if its just high school sports. Funny thing is if my wife saw that commercial she would know both of them....the rapper because she listens to all kinds of music and Russell because he is dating Ciarra...Sierra...whoever she is (I think she is an artist too).

As for Wisconsin they have produced some good players...and I remember Russell when he was at NC State. He just was very smooth on the field...didn't get flustered...and has a deceivingly big arm despite his size. What topped it off for me was when I saw him on that Gruden thing and how intelligent he came across and dedicated to the game....I was sold. I was hoping we would take him in like the late 2nd or 3rd rd. Even after getting Luck I would have been ok with drafting him...I liked him that much. Reminded me of a young Drew Brees...with better wheels. All in all I think he will have a fine career.

1 hour ago, Corndog said:

How can people really hate Russell Wilson?  Did I hear he does too many endorsements?  Really!?  Most people here love Peyton and he reminds me of Ricky Bobby from Talladega Nights when he does the commercials.  Not a knock on Manning, just honesty.  RW is a top notch QB and he's a classy one.  He didn't walk out of the press conference after the heartbreaking loss to the Patriots last Superbowl.  His team mates absolutely love him and always say what a great leader he is, despite being young.  When the Seahawks played the Colts a few years ago, I said Wilson vs Luck is the Brady vs Manning for the future of the NFL and I still believe that.  But Luck has some catching up to do.  

Back on subject, really classy letter from Russell Wilson and it seems like he learned a lot from Peyton Manning, not only on how to play the game, but how to carry yourself and be a leader. 

who is saying he does too many endorsements?

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Never heard of him...don't listen to much music at all..and when I do it isn't anything on that end of the spectrum. I didn't even know there were white rappers....and certainly didn't know they were famous enough to get their own commercials....but I'm more of talk radio/sports kind of radio listener. There isn't a time I cant find something interesting to listen to even if its just high school sports. Funny thing is if my wife saw that commercial she would know both of them....the rapper because she listens to all kinds of music and Russell because he is dating Ciarra...Sierra...whoever she is (I think she is an artist too).

As for Wisconsin they have produced some good players...and I remember Russell when he was at NC State. He just was very smooth on the field...didn't get flustered...and has a deceivingly big arm despite his size. What topped it off for me was when I saw him on that Gruden thing and how intelligent he came across and dedicated to the game....I was sold. I was hoping we would take him in like the late 2nd or 3rd rd. Even after getting Luck I would have been ok with drafting him...I liked him that much. Reminded me of a young Drew Brees...with better wheels. All in all I think he will have a fine career.

I understand dgb. I pride myself on my music versatility & I can handle anything from Big Band to Heavy Metal & everything in between, but rap & hip hop aren't my personal favorite music choices. I can see the appeal of sports talk radio too because you can tinker with other things while your listening to it since it doesn't demand a person's undivided attention. 

Yeah, RW has become beloved everywhere he's been. He just have this drive to succeed at whatever he does, he lifts his teammates up vs dragging them down, he isn't consumed with being a superstar just earning the respect of his peers by putting the work in, & he has this disarming nature about him where he can match whatever level of sophistication or low key demeanor a reporter or interviewer is sending his way. 

Plus, RW even surprised me with how well he played the QB position after talent had to be traded away due to his new salary & he turned into a better pocket passer behind an offensive line in flux. I didn't think RW would exceed my expectations & he did. He still uses his feet to rescue himself frequently, but now, this year I see him trying to break runs less & make plays from the pocket with short moves & sliding in the pocket or just outside it to make more 1st down throws. A huge leap forward. Gotta give it up to ya Russ & admit I was wrong or pleasantly surprised. 

Dgb, I always get a kick out of couples who listen to drastically different musical artists probably because I wanna know the point in the relationship where the guy finds out this difference & says to himself "It's a darn good thing I found you attractive & charming before you revealed what you liked to listen to because if someone told me I would marry a rap lover & I'm a country lover I would have told them they were bleeping insane. LOL! "

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks dgm for your complements about RW @ WI & promoting his future success even if he had been drafted by Jimmy & Grigs. 

I'm glad I'm not the only 1 who had no idea who that white guy in that NFL Bose headphones commercial was. I feel better now knowing that I wasn't the only person with no clue that he was a rap artist. SW1 appreciates you saying that more than you know. :thmup:

I also did not know who he was. I still don't know him. When I read Bott's post a day or two ago, I was going to ask "What is Macklemore?" I thought it was a company. Lol. 

Last year there was a rapper that performed in the Super Bowl. I did not know who she was. My sister who is only a year and a half younger than I could not believe I did not know her. 

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I also did not know who he was. I still don't know him. When I read Bott's post a day or two ago, I was going to ask "What is Macklemore?" I thought it was a company. Lol. 

Last year there was a rapper that performed in the Super Bowl. I did not know who she was. My sister who is only a year and a half younger than I could not believe I did not know her. 

That's a much better guess than mine. I was like what's a Macklemore? An ancient olympic wrestling move or a new candy bar? 

Don't feel bad. There's a lot of artists my younger nephews like that I've never heard of either. You're not alone NF. I completely get your confusion. 

17 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I understand dgb. I pride myself on my music versatility & I can handle anything from Big Band to Heavy Metal & everything in between, but rap & hip hop aren't my personal favorite music choices. I can see the appeal of sports talk radio too because you can tinker with other things while your listening to it since it doesn't demand a person's undivided attention. 

Yeah, RW has become beloved everywhere he's been. He just have this drive to succeed at whatever he does, he lifts his teammates up vs dragging them down, he isn't consumed with being a superstar just earning the respect of his peers by putting the work in, & he has this disarming nature about him where he can match whatever level of sophistication or low key demeanor a reporter or interviewer is sending his way. 

Plus, RW even surprised me with how well he played the QB position after talent had to be traded away due to his new salary & he turned into a better pocket passer behind an offensive line in flux. I didn't think RW would exceed my expectations & he did. He still uses his feet to rescue himself frequently, but now, this year I see him trying to break runs less & make plays from the pocket with short moves & sliding in the pocket or just outside it to make more 1st down throws. A huge leap forward. Gotta give it up to ya Russ & admit I was wrong or pleasantly surprised. 

Dgb, I always get a kick out of couples who listen to drastically different musical artists probably because I wanna know the point in the relationship where the guy finds out this difference & says to himself "It's a darn good thing I found you attractive & charming before you revealed what you liked to listen to because if someone told me I would marry a rap lover & I'm a country lover I would have told them they were bleeping insane. LOL! "

Indeed. I met this Christian woman who volunteered with teenagers at her church and so on and then I get in the car and she is listening to all these rap songs etc and knows all the words. I was like "WHAT!!!". It was funny. Personally I don't listen to much music anymore. Probably in the last 5 to 7 years I just stopped listening. Not enough interested me and I found that music would cause such strong emotional effects that I didn't like it and thus without it I have a much more positive control over my feelings and emotions without it. Certainly I listen to it occasionally and recognize a few newer songs and of course older music but I find myself listening to news radio and talk radio or a sports cast. She on the other hand is practically dancing in her seat or I find her getting sad singing to a song that reminds her of someone etc...but she knows every word it seems to every song...streams music almost all day. We are very opposite in that...and I love watching movies etc and she doesn't...kinda funny. But we work very very well together and fit like a puzzle piece.

As for Russell....he is very PR savy...whether he is calculated or authentic I can't say but he definitely is very aware of his brand etc. I heard him say in an interview that he is just a small town boy from Richmond, VA. Small town?!!! Its like 1.3 million people if you take the greater metro area.....so yeah...he is very consciouncous of his image. That said so far I haven't seen to much negative. Helping cancer kids and numerous non-profit stuff....keeps his nose clean. Appears to be a good kid. Hope he stays that way.