Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2015 draft class

CR91

Geathers - I hope he earns the starting spot and becomes at least a solid part of the D.

Dorsett - I'd like to see him play the slot position exclusively and perfect it. 

Anderson - I hope to see him bounce back to how he was pre-injury.

Good - He wasn't horrible in the few games he started. I would like to see him continue to develop into the right tackle of the future or at worst be a solid back up. I'd say that would be pretty good for a 7th round pick from Mars Hill.

Lastly, I'd like to see Smith just get on the field so we can see what he has to offer. I also wonder if he couldn't play safety if he doesn't work out at corner? 

IMO, I think we have seen all Parry has to offer. Which wasn't bad, and he could be a solid rotational player but the position will need to be upgraded in the near future. 

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

IMO, I think we have seen all Parry has to offer. Which wasn't bad, and he could be a solid rotational player but the position will need to be upgraded in the near future. 

He's a rookie. 

All of Dorsett, Anderson, Smith, Geathers, and Parry. Anderson was a stud before he went down. We found a gem with Henry. He should be back week 1 IMO, and he should pick right up where he left off. He was a beast against the run last year, and I think his pass rush will get better and better. I look for him to have a breakout year next season. Parry started off really well, then went downhill. I think part of that was just being a rookie, and part of it was playing without Anderson. He may not ever be a superstar or anything, but I think he should be much improved next season and I think he can be a really good starting NT.  Especially with Anderson and Langford on each side of him. Clayton Geathers should, IMO be starting next season next to Adams. Geathers can be the enforcer our D's been missing since my man Bob Sanders. I think he may have limitations in coverage, but he should be a force against the run and rack up a bunch of tackles. D'Joun Smith I honestly have no idea what to think. I mean none of us know what he'll be. I'll just say that hopefully he ends up beating out Butler and becomes a really good nickel corner. Then we have Phillip Dorsett. I think Dorsett will be one of the big breakout players in the league next season. This is a great class from what we've seen early on. Hopefully Grigson will repeat his success in this years draft.

Denzel Good completely slipped my mind. He started a couple games at the end of the season and showed some flashes IMO. It was obvious he was a rookie as he struggled here and there (Against Jacksonville maybe)?  But I think he showed he can develop into a good starting RT. Maybe even Herrerra can be decent backup ILB and special teamer if we cut Irving. Or cut DQ and start Sio. I don't see Josh Robinson even making the team next year. PS is his best shot with us IMO.

Think about this draft if we had taken La'el Collins and Ifo Ekpre Olomu in the 6th round instead of Herrera and Robinson. Ekpre Olomu was a very highly touted corner from Baylor entering the draft last year. He would have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but he had an injury. (ACL, MCL I think) He fell all the way to the end of the 7th. He's a guy who cold be one of the biggest steals of that draft when all's said and done. He's obviously no sure thing, but IMO when you can get a 1st round talent, and a 2nd round talent both in the 6th round, you take them. I personally think he's going to end up being a pretty solid nickel corner.

I'm the most excited for Geathers. He showed his ability to be an aggressive run defender in his limited action. I'm sure the way he knocked out Devonta Freeman in the Atlanta game made the coaches take notice.

This year he should be a much improved tackler and should be better in coverage. He'll probably start over Lowery.

With a healthy Luck, I'm excited to see how Dorsett will fit in with TY and Moncrief -- that is 3 guys who can run sub 4.4 forty yard dashes.  While I appreciate what Hasselbeck did for us last year, I don't think he had the arm to utilize the speed of all 3 of these WRs.  With a healthy Luck (and an improved OL to give him a little time to throw), I think we'll see some very explosive plays from Dorsett.  I'd also like to see us figure out how to run screen plays, because besides being a deep threat and a threat in the slot, Dorsett should be very dangerous on screens.

Geathers would be my number 2 -- I think he can turn into a real playmaker -- he seems to be around the ball a lot and he can run and hit -- I expect us to see a big jump in his performance.

Anderson, I just hope he can return to full health and stay that way -- if so, he should have a bright future.

Not getting my hopes up on all the others -- I liked what Parry did as a rookie, but don't think his ceiling is much higher than that (that said, I think he can be a good player in the league, as he was in his rookie year, I just don't think we'll see him get a whole lot better).  D'Juon Smith, I hope surprises, but I didn't really see much from him when he was healthy to suggest he'll be anything special.  I hope Denzelle Goode shocks me, but I also hope the team doesn't go into this coming season counting on him to be the answer at RT.

11 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

All of Dorsett, Anderson, Smith, Geathers, and Parry. Anderson was a stud before he went down. We found a gem with Henry. He should be back week 1 IMO, and he should pick right up where he left off. He was a beast against the run last year, and I think his pass rush will get better and better. I look for him to have a breakout year next season. Parry started off really well, then went downhill. I think part of that was just being a rookie, and part of it was playing without Anderson. He may not ever be a superstar or anything, but I think he should be much improved next season and I think he can be a really good starting NT.  Especially with Anderson and Langford on each side of him. Clayton Geathers should, IMO be starting next season next to Adams. Geathers can be the enforcer our D's been missing since my man Bob Sanders. I think he may have limitations in coverage, but he should be a force against the run and rack up a bunch of tackles. D'Joun Smith I honestly have no idea what to think. I mean none of us know what he'll be. I'll just say that hopefully he ends up beating out Butler and becomes a really good nickel corner. Then we have Phillip Dorsett. I think Dorsett will be one of the big breakout players in the league next season. This is a great class from what we've seen early on. Hopefully Grigson will repeat his success in this years draft.

He might be back by week 1..... supposing there are no set backs....

Also, where is the evidence that Parry went downhill? I think people just expect too much.... He was a rookie playing the starting NT role, I thought he did very well and continued to do really well all season, even with his partner in crime Anderson out.... 

Parry is fine and I think he will be even better in 2016 with a better understanding of how to prepare for a full NFL season along with a greater understanding of how to attack blocking schemes. If you want to play one gap he's a nice fit. I still would not mind picking up Billings as an upgrade over Kerr and he would probably provide just as much pass rush while being way more stout against the run. Definitely want to see Dorsett in his second year along with finding out what we have in Djoun and Tevin Mitchell. I am of the opinion Junior Sylvestre will be a good player so I want to see if he makes it through. Of course I want to see Henry Anderson.

38 minutes ago, krunk said:

Parry is fine and I think he will be even better in 2016 with a better understanding of how to prepare for a full NFL season along with a greater understanding of how to attack blocking schemes. If you want to play one gap he's a nice fit. I still would not mind picking up Billings as an upgrade over Kerr and he would probably provide just as much pass rush while being way more stout against the run. Definitely want to see Dorsett in his second year along with finding out what we have in Djoun and Tevin Mitchell. I am of the opinion Junior Sylvestre will be a good player so I want to see if he makes it through. Of course I want to see Henry Anderson.

May I add with the hopefully upgraded coaching staff it will show with good results. I think these guys you mention have the talent and that talent can be brought out by the new staff.