Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sign RG3 TO PLAY BACKUP NEXT YEAR "IF" HASSELBECK RETIRES?

jshipp23

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RGIII will have another shot to start in the league. There are several teams looking for a spark at QB, and he does have the talent.

Now as far as backup for the Colts I could see a Drew Stanton reunion for a quality veteran backup behind Luck. I also think we should keep Freeman as well.

10 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Some team is going to overpay to get him and it's not going to be the Colts.

I'm thinking he has to sign a pretty modest contract. I don't think teams will be standing in line to over pay RG3.

On 2/8/2016 at 6:33 AM, UKColt13 said:

No. Just no.

Josh Freeman please.

This. Josh Freeman could be one of the best backups in the league, if not the best, if he's back to near the top of his game. I think his fall from grace has really helped him grow up and despite being around for what seems like forever he's only 28 (January birthday).

RG3 will get signed by a desperate team that needs a QB, and he'll be the starter....For a while anyways. Who knows maybe he goes somewhere and plays well. Or he goes to Dallas to be the backup, and eventual starter after Romo's inevitable injury. But all of the following teams will most likely look into him to be their starter.....Houston, Cleveland, San Francisco, LA Rams, and Philadelphia. Then teams like Buffalo may look into signing him to come in and compete for the Job. My guess is he goes to one of Houston, Cleveland, or the LA Rams and starts the season as their starting QB. I think Cleveland drafts Wentz so probably Houston or LA. Philly will re-acquire Foles IMO.

6 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

This. Josh Freeman could be one of the best backups in the league, if not the best, if he's back to near the top of his game. I think his fall from grace has really helped him grow up and despite being around for what seems like forever he's only 28 (January birthday).

Agree 100%. Plus we wont have a 3-4 million dollar cap hit for our backup QB like with Hasselbeck. Freeman looked good at the end of the season. I think he's still under contract too.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:06 PM, COLTS449 said:

RG3 will get signed by a desperate team that needs a QB, and he'll be the starter....For a while anyways. Who knows maybe he goes somewhere and plays well. Or he goes to Dallas to be the backup, and eventual starter after Romo's inevitable injury. But all of the following teams will most likely look into him to be their starter.....Houston, Cleveland, San Francisco, LA Rams, and Philadelphia. Then teams like Buffalo may look into signing him to come in and compete for the Job. My guess is he goes to one of Houston, Cleveland, or the LA Rams and starts the season as their starting QB. I think Cleveland drafts Wentz so probably Houston or LA. Philly will re-acquire Foles IMO.

Buffalo does not need to have a competition for the starting QB position. EJ Manual is the starter and will stay the starter.

35 minutes ago, Andretoindy said:

tyrod taylor is the starter until proven otherwise 

You are correct. I wasn't thinking I guess.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Buffalo does not need to have a competition for the starting QB position. EJ Manual is the starter and will stay the starter.

Brain froze.