Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Here ya go. Only QB to do this.

Moose Of Woe

2 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Wade Phillips was also the Bills coach in the late 90s, the last time this team actually made the playoffs. Got shafted in Buffalo too IMO, so I was happy to see Wade get a ring (he was involved in the Music City Forward Pass game).

The Music City Miracle, I remember that game and Wade being there. 

That was 1999. I remember since that was the Rams big year and I watched them every week. Weird season too where Jacksonville went 14-2 and only lost to the Titans twice.

Tennessee was so lucky to be in that Super Bowl to start with going back to the Bills game...even luckier the Rams didn't blow them out, like they were meant to do. 

15 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Hard to tell, honestly. Freeney and Mathis never had the benefit of an absurd interior line like DEN has. In fact, ours was terrible most years and we'd get run over. Freeney would often run himself out of plays while runners/QB's could just go down our throat, limiting he and Mathis often.

In the Dungy/Harrison HOF thread I mentioned this.  They few times the Colts had a healthy and talented DT, they were incredibly strong on defense.  But without it, teams would just run down the middle all day. 

7 minutes ago, Corndog said:

In the Dungy/Harrison HOF thread I mentioned this.  They few times the Colts had a healthy and talented DT, they were incredibly strong on defense.  But without it, teams would just run down the middle all day. 

Pretty much the reason we won the SB in 2006 was because of a big ol' Booger to clog up that middle!

Manning has a lot of, "he's the only one to do this."

Most recently 200 career wins.

Won SB with two teams

4 SBs with 4 different HCs

Multiple SB appearances with two different franchises.

The list goes on.  Congrats Peyton... go kiss your wife, and your kids, thank the man upstairs (not sure if he meant Elway or God or both) go drink a lot of Budweiser on Von Miller's tab and then retire.

5 hours ago, Bogie said:

I don't see Ware going anywhere. He and Wade Phillips were in Dallas together. That's one of Phillips' guys, and he's going to keep him around. 

Wade Phillips deserves praise for this Super Bowl. That man has drifted around the league for years as a defensive coordinator, and when he was in Dallas, we all know how bad he got shafted by Jerrah. Happy to see him and Ware get a ring, while Dallas imploded. 

If Manning comes back next year and tries to pull an Elway (back to back) I think Brock will get cut. 

You may be right, but they have Shane Ray and Barrett who are both really good. Ray was their 1st round pick so they'll want to start him some time pretty soon. And with all the key free agents they have to re-sign I just think there's a very high chance Ware is a cap casualty. Brock's a free agent, and he'll get a chuck of change IMO. Nothing major, but he still looked like he could be their answer long term IMO. They could sign him to a 1 year deal. I don't see any way Peyton's back.

16 hours ago, krunk said:

What was it something like 24-0 right before we gave up that stupid special teams TD? Talib wishes he could do T.Y. Like he did Philly Brown. Something about Denver brings out the best in us. We don't have any fear in our hearts when it comes to them. Kind of like how the Ravens view the Pats. Just not afraid of em.

Great post there krunk. Simple & yet so profound. True that. 

On 2/8/2016 at 11:49 PM, csmopar said:

In their prime, Mathis and Freeney were just as good. If not better.

That said, Von Miller is a BEAST

Agreed, but I felt like offenses figured out our weaknesses pretty quick, which is if you step up into the pocket, you'll be fine because our interior line always sucked.

On 2/8/2016 at 11:49 PM, Moose Of Woe said:

Absolutely nasty.

Ware is not as good as he used to be, but the guy has a brain like no other. He and Miller combined are flat out deadly.

The interior of the line prevents anyone from escaping up the middle. They have a field day every week. That entire defensive unit is LOADED. Depth is a concern, but when healthy they have no equal in the league.

only place no depth is safety after TJ ward & Stewart, once get Bolden & Bruton Jr off IR  next year that will improve, plus Bolden is really their returner , just cant stay healthy

Combo with a stiffing middle is great, Ware I give credit too also for turning around Miller after his drug use, he was 1 test away from full year suspension and Ware once signed mentored him

-that alone was great, not just from a football stance but for helping a troubled man

On 2/8/2016 at 11:44 PM, Moose Of Woe said:

Caqi-SVW0AEM8wL.jpg:large

But seriously, that D is nasty. They'll be back in it next season.

Much depends on signing so many a free agent, but some really dont want to play anywhere else, CJ Harris gave a real discount last year for extension and this year they got wolfe to extend late in season, Von Miller will get franchised to be worked out later

Mailk Jackson needs to be resigned, not sure of NT sly Williams status , know are other that are FA but just cant remember list i saw a month back

Then again No Manning , I couldn't care about the team

6 minutes ago, bayone said:

Much depends on signing so many a free agent, but some really dont want to play anywhere else, CJ Harris gave a real discount last year for extension and this year they got wolfe to extend late in season, Von Miller will get franchised to be worked out later

Mailk Jackson needs to be resigned, not sure of NT sly Williams status , know are other that are FA but just cant remember list i saw a month back

Then again No Manning , I couldn't care about the team

Love the pic. No matter how great the QB is it does take a Good to Great Defense to win it all too. When we won it we had Freeney and Mathis rocking and rolling with Bob Sanders laying people out.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Love the pic. No matter how great the QB is it does take a Good to Great Defense to win it all too. When we won it we had Freeney and Mathis rocking and rolling with Bob Sanders laying people out.

thing with that team was we couldnt stop the run at all, Texans late in tear got like 200 yards from Ron Dayne basically if remember right Post season comes all teams knew it so just kept trying to run, but Sanders our secret weapon v=came injury list in time and ERASED the run, 

teams didnt realize he could do that consistently so just kept trying to run and he stuffed them

Now bye

7 minutes ago, bayone said:

thing with that team was we couldnt stop the run at all, Texans late in tear got like 200 yards from Ron Dayne basically if remember right Post season comes all teams knew it so just kept trying to run, but Sanders our secret weapon v=came injury list in time and ERASED the run, 

teams didnt realize he could do that consistently so just kept trying to run and he stuffed them

Now bye

Jacks put 300 Yards rushing on us too but once Bob came back that stuff came to an end.

4 hours ago, 19colt said:

He may not succeed but Elway WILL take a run at Matthew Stafford. He may be happy with Brock but he won't settle for him. 

Stafford is under contract and I don't think he is the guy they would want ruining Kubiaks offense anyway

On 2/8/2016 at 11:48 AM, jvan1973 said:

Miller will get a new deal or get tagged.  

They are likely going to have to let some guys go in order to do it.  They have only 6.9M in cap space for this year.  

The only guys I can see that make sense for a cut are either Manning or Ryan Clady (given how much he's been injured.)

They also have a few other key players that are FA's as well.  

On February 8, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

Manning has a lot of, "he's the only one to do this."

Most recently 200 career wins.

Won SB with two teams

4 SBs with 4 different HCs

Multiple SB appearances with two different franchises.

The list goes on.  Congrats Peyton... go kiss your wife, and your kids, thank the man upstairs (not sure if he meant Elway or God or both) go drink a lot of Budweiser on Von Miller's tab and then retire.

That only QB with 200 wins record will go away soon enough if Brady plays a season or two more.