Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton walks out of post SB interview

chad72

2 hours ago, radiogirl said:

You have never talked about your struggles on this site?  Your disabilities?  I was making a point of how grown men should act despite loss as an example to young boys. I cannot begin to tell you how much this post angered me. So, I will retire for the evening and politely ask you to please stay away from my posts when you choose to jab at me and my kids. 

Yes, I have brought up my disability in the past. I fully admit that. Why? Because it's something I was born with & intimately knowledgeable with. I usually mention it in my movie thread or when a life experience I dealt with is right on point with a topic being discussed. If I feel that I am about to take something in a new direction, I usually say "Slightly off topic", state my point, & then say "Okay, back on topic sorry for the detour folks. Thank you. 

"Jab at me or my kids" Huh? What? In what way have you been attacked by me exactly? Okay, I apologize if I harmed or hurt you in any way RG. No, I fully acknowledge I am no authority on what constitutes a perfect post nor am I an authority on the human condition & what people may not like about what I have to say on a topic. 

I have a difference of opinion on what Cam's post press conference action mean than you do which is perfectly fine. But to claim I took a jab at you is totally unfounded. 

Friends don't always see eye to eye. This appears to be 1 of those instances. If you wanna hate me for what I said, that entirely your prerogative naturally. I can take it. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yes, I have brought up my disability in the past. I fully admit that. Why? Because it's something I was born with & intimately knowledgeable with. I usually mention it in my movie thread or when a life experience I dealt with is right on point with a topic being discussed. If I feel that I am about to take something in a new direction, I usually say "Slightly off topic", state my point, & then say "Okay, back on topic sorry for the detour folks. Thank you. 

"Jab at you or my kids" Huh? What? In what way have you been attacked by me exactly? Okay, I apologize if I harmed or hurt you in any way RG. No, I fully acknowledge I am no authority on what constitutes a perfect post nor am I an authority on the human condition & what people may not like about what I have to say on a topic. 

I have a difference of opinion on what Cam's post press conference action mean than you do which is perfectly fine. But to claim I took a jab at you is totally unfounded. 

Friends don't always see eye to eye. This appears to be 1 of those instances. If you wanna hate me for what I said. That entirely your prerogative naturally. I can take it. 

No. Just no.  

1 minute ago, radiogirl said:

No. Just no.  

No. just no what. My view of what was said in our previous exchanges? 

Have I claimed your POV is stupid or without merit? Have I said your thought process is fatally flawed? Okay, perhaps I misconstrued what you said or read something into what you said that you did not mean. Have I referred to your children in a derogatory fashion in any way, shape, or form? No. Have I ever conveyed the false impression that you are not an intelligent individual? No. You're 1 of the sharpest minds on here. 

40 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Cam graciously congratulated Peyton, with a smile on his face after losing the biggest game of his life. Answered questions but became annoyed by the fact that he could overhear a player from the other teams conference. I would love to see ppl sit there and listen to that with no problem.

Peyton walks off the field and doesn't congratulate anyone after the Saints SB and I'm sure everyone here didn't have a prob with it.

Its obvious ppl didn't like Cam prior to this. Those ppl feel like it's only one way to play this game. Those ppl won't even attempt to understand how he felt on that moment listening to Harris talk

Not sure why it won't let me unquote you

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

perhaps he didnt handle the situation the right way, but I feel will need to emphasize with the state of mind he was in and what just transpired. its not always black and white

Have you ever seen another superbowl losing qb act that way in the post game presser? 

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I can't argue with anything you said here NFLfan. You're not wrong. However, I have a slightly different perspective on Cam's press conference after the SB than most people do. Peytonator alluded to this in another post actually. When you get asked the same question over & over again. How do you feel right now & what could you have done differently?

It's not easy especially when Cam is feeling numb still trying to process what just happened like a near death out of body experience similar to being disoriented like what just transpired here? I ran into an Orange Crush buzzsaw & I can't even explain why the Panthers lost myself. 

The wound of losing is still fresh & raw & I can't even process what went wrong myself. I do think he should have praised the Broncos defense for overwhelming him though because it did practically swallowing him whole almost all game long. 

This is the same reason why I gave Peyton a pass in 2013 when he refused to discuss what role his poor play contributed to the Broncos losing to Seattle that fateful night because I knew Manning was in pain still trying to come to terms with losing on the biggest stage in sports. I was disappointed in Manning when he used the team excuse vs individual player accountability mantra some 2 weeks later. If you own a loss, it tends to fade away. I expect Cam will do this in about 2 weeks giving Denver it's proper dues. 

I can appreciate your perspective. I don't completely disagree with you. I just think that on the biggest stage of his career thus far, he should have shown more maturity and grace. That does not make him a bad person. He wears his emotions on his sleeves. He has to learn to control them better. He'll learn. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I can appreciate your perspective. I don't completely disagree with you. I just think that on the biggest stage of his career thus far, he should have shown more maturity and grace. That does not make him a bad person. He wears his emotions on his sleeves. He has to learn to control his them better. He'l learn. 

Beautifully stated my friend. I agree 100%

Like most fans on here, I'm really happy for Manning who gets to go out on top. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I can't wait to see Manning's second ring. I hope Peyton works for CBS Sports later on because I associate him with dominating AFC squads across the league. Plus, I wanna get a window into how 18 dissects opposing secondaries & anticipates so many throws releasing the ball before the WR & TE makes his break on the route. 

Yeah I know. A master or magician never gives away all their secrets. LOL!

23 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Have you ever seen another superbowl losing qb act that way in the post game presser? 

Peyton walked off the field according to multiple articles I read and reports not shaking hands with Drew Brees or any of the Saints after the SB loss in '09.  He defended it  "I certainly know how it was three years ago when we won" Manning said at the time. "There's the stage being set up, and the celebration, and it's time for the Saints to celebrate. It's their field. They deserve the moment."

But some saw that as poor sportsmanship, Neither Cam or Peyton were wrong the more I think about it (back then or now), The media should be made to let the players calm down a bit from such an emotional high or low, It is often asking for (and hoping for in some cases) just something to put out in there articles/twitter/blog/facebook/whatever to make bigger story then it actually was to begin with.

17 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Peyton walked off the field according to multiple articles I read and reports not shaking hands with Drew Brees or any of the Saints after the SB loss in '09.  He defended it  "I certainly know how it was three years ago when we won" Manning said at the time. "There's the stage being set up, and the celebration, and it's time for the Saints to celebrate. It's their field. They deserve the moment."

But some saw that as poor sportsmanship, Neither Cam or Peyton were wrong the more I think about it (back then or now), The media should be made to let the players calm down a bit from such an emotional high or low, It is often asking for (and hoping for in some cases) just something to put out in there articles/twitter/blog/facebook/whatever to make bigger story then it actually was to begin with.

The question was have you ever seen a superbowl losing qb act like that in the post game presser conference 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

The question was have you ever seen a superbowl losing qb act like that in the post game presser conference 

I think it would have been even worse had Cam left the field without congratulating the Broncos. I cannot imagine what everyone would be saying today if he had done that.

2 hours ago, Blackhawk4 said:

You want it left alone? Then don't bring it up. You brought it up so it's here whether you want it to be or not. If you still didn't see it or somehow don't get it, there's plenty of pictures show he actually did "show class in defeat" to Manning. If you want more from him in showing class then that's on you, but don't act like he didn't show class in defeat.

You and others really need to drop this "X player would have dove for that fumble" nonsense like you know every thing. Just like every other person on this planet you don't know that. If you want to assume Luck would have and say "Luck probably would have dove for that fumble" then sure by all means go ahead, but don't act like you know for a fact he would have done it. 

Now he's acting like a child and embarrassing his team? Now we're just reaching for any hot take in sight. 

I find it humorous with how some have a problem with Cam's attitude and celebrating. Aaron Rodgers discount double check and Tom Brady's cursing and yelling are just a couple of examples you all have seen countless times and yet not a peep from any of you on those celebrations. These guys are human. Them celebrating isn't ruining the game, it isn't ruining someone's kid and it sure as hell isn't hurting any of you. You've seen these guys be brief, snappy and sometimes even rude during a press conference. They're not going to be cold, calculated, emotionless robots. 

Now you guys are just trying to make me laugh. The morality high horse some are sitting on is comical right now. 

I don't think its being on a high horse to say that he acted like a cry baby. Facts are facts. 

Like I asked earlier, why did Cam have this problem but past QB losers didn't? 

Oh by the way, I do think Rodgers acts arrogant and you've never seen anyone here berate Tom Brady for acting like an ###? Really???? 

6 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I understand that some fans might wanna pile on Cam Newton due to some of his dabbing & touchdown celebrations & they wanna use his SB loss & post game press conference walk off as a mechanism to slam the guy. But, not me & here's why: 

Nobody really knows how they would react if they were in Cam's shoes as a young, franchise QB who just lost his 1st SB on natl. TV. He will learn from this experience how to cope with failure & be a professional. Cam's a good guy & 1 hades of a QB who will play in the SB again. Personally, I think the media is engaging in 'fake outrage' over this incident. 

No, it wasn't right leaving like that. But, it's really a question over what Cam does over his team's next playoff loss. Highly competitive people always have a problem with losing. I really see this as a blip on Cam's radar screen not a pouting trend overall. Losing with grace & humility isn't something you can learn from a book or another HOF mentor like Warren Moon. It has to be felt & endured personally by Cam first. He'll be fine IMHO. 

I'm confident in knowing how I would react in Cam's shoes.  I would be a tremendous jackarse

33 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I'm confident in knowing how I would react in Cam's shoes.  I would be a tremendous jackarse

I understand that Cam Newton has his detractors or fans who don't particularly care for what they perceive as flamboyant overconfidence. Was leaving the post presser early a good idea? No. Does every QB have their own style? Yes. Will Cam learn & grow from this experience? Absolutely. 

It's too easy to say Cam's a smug QB & throw dirt on him right now. Without struggle, there is no growth. Newton will be okay. The best thing about this whole experience is this: It reminded Cam that there is always somebody better than you on a football field. I don't think Cam is a bad guy & I don't kick a man when he's down. 

He's a good kid who just thought he was invincible. He knows better now. I'm sure Warren Moon is walking him thru this rough patch right now, a tremendous ally in Cam's corner. 

Bold assertions come at a heavy price especially if you lose in a SB. Cam will adjust accordingly in my estimation. 

8 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Have I claimed your POV is stupid or without merit? Have I said your thought process is fatally flawed? Okay, perhaps I misconstrued what you said or read something into what you said that you did not mean. Have I referred to your children in a derogatory fashion in any way, shape, or form? No. Have I ever conveyed the false impression that you are not an intelligent individual? No. You're 1 of the sharpest minds on here. 

You were incredibly disrespectful basically telling me I shouldn't air my personal laundry on this site. I was making a point comparing a 12 year old boy dealing with hard life issues acting better than a grown man over a game. Others saw my point and you completely missed it. So no just no meant I don't want to respond to you after you said something so rude and off the mark. 

12 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Wow, this is getting juicy...

It's funny that  Cam defenders are saying how silly those who think he acted like a cry baby are, and yet defending him in an equally silly way...

classic colts forum...

yeah I don't get the intensity in this thread.  Also don't get why people are so super irritated with Cam and feeling like anyone who isn't super irritated with Cam is a 'defender'

Some of us saw it as a mistake on his part but not really warranting this reaction.

I think he must be one of those guys that people love to hate.

19 minutes ago, Nadine said:

yeah I don't get the intensity in this thread.  Also don't get why people are so super irritated with Cam and feeling like anyone who isn't super irritated with Cam is a 'defender'

Some of us saw it as a mistake on his part but not really warranting this reaction.

He's a successful quarterback....rich.......good looking......has a bit of a dooosh factor.  Just comes with the territory.

11 hours ago, Blackhawk4 said:

You want it left alone? Then don't bring it up. You brought it up so it's here whether you want it to be or not. If you still didn't see it or somehow don't get it, there's plenty of pictures show he actually did "show class in defeat" to Manning. If you want more from him in showing class then that's on you, but don't act like he didn't show class in defeat.

You and others really need to drop this "X player would have dove for that fumble" nonsense like you know every thing. Just like every other person on this planet you don't know that. If you want to assume Luck would have and say "Luck probably would have dove for that fumble" then sure by all means go ahead, but don't act like you know for a fact he would have done it. 

Now he's acting like a child and embarrassing his team? Now we're just reaching for any hot take in sight. 

Just now, BrentMc11 said:

@Blackhawk4:  I said leave it alone because you did not like my analogy.  How about you not come back with foolish replies?  I came back with what I said because of said foolishness.

It is a common theme that he DID NOT act a leader in defeat.  Your tone is angry.  Say something that is worthwhile.

You are young and obviously in tune with today's' undisciplined kids.  Yes, Cam is a 26 yr-old kid.  He showed he was a loaf...so be it.  We get places in life loafing through it.  Whatever.

Very unhappy that 2 moderators tried to bait me.  Warning points for both.  "Citizen's Arrest.  HA!

Ok Supe, just making a point...we were over our little 'spat.'

I will continue to post my thoughts here.  I am game if you need to talk leadership in any thread....if not, you can leave it alone.

53 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Funny thing...I think Cam is a very good QB.  He got his team to the biggest stage.  He simply failed miserably handling the situation after the game.  The loafing was obvious.

In all of my years of watching I think this Denver team has a Top 5 Defense of all-time so basically Cam was doomed coming into this game. I even Posted before the game Denver should've been favored and couldn't believe how everyone thought Carolina would roll in this game. I thought maybe I was crazy for a minute picking Denver to win haha the way everyone was saying Cam would roll.

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Really?  Really?  Stop the digs and read your responses again.  I think you are smart enough to understand. You are/were disrespectful.  Enough said......

50 minutes ago, BOTT said:

He's a successful quarterback....rich.......good looking......has a bit of a dooosh factor.  Just comes with the territory.

Yeah, just ask Johnny Manziel how that is working for him.  Of course his ____ factor is exponential to anything Cam has ever done.  Hoping Cam get his emotions together.  He is talented enough to take his team to multiple Super Bowls.

10 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

For as rough as cam's pout-fest was, I'm surprised more isn't being made of talib's antics as well...

Definitely seems to be a double standard between QBs & other positions...

At least cam's just a gloatful winner/pouty-faced loser, & not a complete thug/punk like talib... 

Talib was a TOTAL punk in that game!

3 minutes ago, radiogirl said:

Talib was a TOTAL punk in that game!

Talib is very dirty. This Denver Defense is much like how the Raiders used to be in the 70's/early 80's. They are nasty and mean. Look what they did to our QB, nobody hurts Luck and they did but Luck beat them at least. I only rooted for Denver in this SB because of Peyton and Peyton only. Was just sick of people of calling him a choke. 

7 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I believe I had said that the facemask was almost criminal.  No sense at all twisting ones head around....

When I saw that happen it made me want to stop watching the game.

He assaulted another player on National TV and we all just kept watching

Made me question myself

I don't understand why there is not a rule right now to remove someone from the game for doing that.

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

Made me question myself

I don't understand why there is not a rule right now to remove someone from the game for doing that.

I felt the exact same way.  I was shocked!

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

Made me question myself

I agree.  I said earlier maybe a targeting ejection.

We turned it off at the half.  We are old and a school night :(

14 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Okay. I don't understand what your son's divorce has to do with Cam Newton's press conference. But I will let that go. I hope your son lands on his feet & feels better soon. Take Care RG. 

I'm not here to change your mind on Cam. Just give you my perspective on Newton's loss. That's all you are free to disagree with me of course. That's perfectly fine. 

Okay. I don't understand what your son's divorce has to do with Cam Newton's press conference. But I will let that go.....really?

You'll let that go?  This is what I take issue with.  You saying my post had nothing to do with what was being discussed, but you will let it go?  Oh...okay....thank you so much for cutting me some slack.  You're a giver!

How did you miss my point when others clearly saw it?

She was highlighting how a 12 year old, despite having faced difficulties that would rock many, is able to act in a mature way. She spoke using a life experience which is something we all do as our perspectives are shaped by life's experiences.

Not sure how you missed it.....but whatever!  

44 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Made me question myself

Yeah. That was quite a low moment... I've never had respect for that man. Each time I see him on TV it gets worse. 

Cam probably never realized how his actions would start such a heated debate. 

Whether they like it or not, celebrities whether in sports or entertainment, are looked up by many as role models.One could argue that technically they aren't responsible for what others think, but it comes with the territory. Anyone who is in a high profile career has to be aware of their actions and act accordingly. 

Thee has been mention of Cam Newton needing to grow up emotionally. He's been in the NFL several years now, and has a newborn son. It's about time he learned some maturity. He's a parent now and need to be more responsible.

59 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Made me question myself

It was no doubt a dirty play.    But the football of yesteryear was like that nearly every game.   At least it's a penalty now

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It was no doubt a dirty play.    But the football of yesteryear was like that nearly every game.   At least it's a penalty now

Yes it was just like Otis Sistrunk's head slap.  Amazing that some got concussions.....Because it was legal I did that in my first pee wee game....and got a penalty. :)  

13 hours ago, Blackhawk4 said:

I find it humorous with how some have a problem with Cam's attitude and celebrating. Aaron Rodgers discount double check and Tom Brady's cursing and yelling are just a couple of examples you all have seen countless times and yet not a peep from any of you on those celebrations. These guys are human. Them celebrating isn't ruining the game, it isn't ruining someone's kid and it sure as hell isn't hurting any of you. You've seen these guys be brief, snappy and sometimes even rude during a press conference. They're not going to be cold, calculated, emotionless robots. 

Now you guys are just trying to make me laugh. The morality high horse some are sitting on is comical right now. 

And the difference is Aaron Rodgers faces the music. 

Also, Brady catches a ton of heat for his yelling. I've made numerous comments on the matter as well as plenty of others.

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I understand that Cam Newton has his detractors or fans who don't particularly care for what they perceive as flamboyant overconfidence. Was leaving the post presser early a good idea? No. Does every QB have their own style? Yes. Will Cam learn & grow from this experience? Absolutely. 

It's too easy to say Cam's a smug QB & throw dirt on him right now. Without struggle, there is no growth. Newton will be okay. The best thing about this whole experience is this: It reminded Cam that there is always somebody better than you on a football field. I don't think Cam is a bad guy & I don't kick a man when he's down. 

He's a good kid who just thought he was invincible. He knows better now. I'm sure Warren Moon is walking him thru this rough patch right now, a tremendous ally in Cam's corner. 

Bold assertions come at a heavy price especially if you lose in a SB. Cam will adjust accordingly in my estimation. 

you can't know that.   

And you're wrong. cam IS an butt hole 

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Cam probably never realized how his actions would start such a heated debate. 

Whether they like it or not, celebrities whether in sports or entertainment, are looked up by many as role models.One could argue that technically they aren't responsible for what others think, but it comes with the territory. Anyone who is in a high profile career has to be aware of their actions and act accordingly. 

Thee has been mention of Cam Newton needing to grow up emotionally. He's been in the NFL several years now, and has a newborn son. It's about time he learned some maturity. He's a parent now and need to be more responsible.

Amen!