Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton walks out of post SB interview

chad72

48 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

If you wanna make the argument that Cam Newton's showboating during games that Carolina won contributed to some of the satisfaction that Bronco & Colts fans are feeling right now that's fair Brent. 

We all make mistakes Brent. I do, you do, my nephews...I don't expect Newton to operate flawlessly in the media. The Broncos gave Newton a dish of humble pie. The NFL game humbles everybody Cam is no exception. 

Mr. Newton just has a brass style that doesn't sit well with some fans that's all. The problem with being bold is if you don't back it up, the heat is headed your way. Look I'm pleased as punch that Manning won his 2nd ring. I love the guy. I just wanna make sure that some NFL fans [not you Brent] are NOT taking Cam's confident statements about his QB qualifications & athletic ability & engaging in false personal character assassination tactics. 

He's not "the biggest loser" at all. Just a guy who needs to hold his emotions in check, not let his ego write checks he might not be able to cash, & just gain wisdom thru experience which he will. Cam said some foolish things to be sure on his team's SB run, but he's not a bad guy or the anti-christ as some would prefer you to believe. 

He makes way to much money to act like such a child and embarrass his team, IMO. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I mean the unprofessional display by Cam Newton during the press conference was pretty damn disgraceful, is this what he wants to teach his role models? The thousands of kids that look up to him? That it's OK to be a sore loser?

A very good point SilentHill. Very good point indeed. In other professions this is not tolerated to be honest... Imagine if a school principal acted like this during a school board meeting, or a teacher.

Some will say that he is only 26, but I've been trained to be professional and not let my emotions go way before that. I've been in the classroom since I've been 24. 

When you work in the public, regardless of if it's for entertainment or to serve, you have people that look up to you. The job doesn't go away off the field or classroom. That's just not how it works.

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Yes, Nadine.   My husband, myself, my kids, and my grandkids were all yelling at the TV after that facemask.

What were we yelling...???   Sit his * down.   Take him out of the game.     And we were rooting for Denver, but that facemask was brutal, and we were afraid he was going to continue on and ruin Denver's chances with all the penalties he was getting.

No joke...

Talib makes it hard to root for that defense...

1 hour ago, Superman said:

And then that makes me wonder what the right amount of emotion is, and who gets to make that determination. I know what people want to see out of a franchise QB, but I don't understand why everyone has to be judged by that standard. 

The Super Bowl certainly is emotional but if you have a history of behaving like a cry baby cry and a gloater then be man enough to recognize you shouldn't be in the press room. 

2 minutes ago, radiogirl said:

He makes way to much money to act like such a child and embarrass his team, IMO. 

True, but earning a lucrative amount of money throwing a pigskin isn't necessarily indicative of intelligence, growth, & maturity in any profession really. It can be, but it's not mutually exclusive perse.  

Just now, southwest1 said:

True, but earning a lucrative amount of money throwing a pigskin isn't necessarily indicative of intelligence, growth, & maturity in any profession really. It can be, but it's not mutually exclusive perse.  

Completely disagree. I expect more out of my 12 year old at a football game. 

6 minutes ago, radiogirl said:

Nobody's burying him. They're saying what he did was ridiculous. And it was. The promotion director at my office is the biggest Cam fan I know. Today she said, "that little boy needs to grow up. I'm glad he lost. Hopefully he got knocked down a notch. What a baby."  Bam!  

Yeah I'm good with that. To me, the criticism gets out of control at times. And a lot of it seems based on the idea that there is one proper way to respond in every situation, with no regard for individualism. 

Cam is a young guy who is emotionally expressive, in victory and defeat. There are going to be some wince-worthy moments. I think we make far too much of them.

2 minutes ago, radiogirl said:

The Super Bowl certainly is emotional but if you have a history of behaving like a cry baby cry and a gloater then be man enough to recognize you shouldn't be in the press room. 

That wouldn't change anything though. If Cam chose not to go to the presser at all, the reaction would be even worse. And at the end of it, he walked out because he couldn't handle it. 

Sometimes we grow more in defeat than in victory. Hopefully Cam grows from this. Maybe he doesn't, but we'll have to see.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah I'm good with that. To me, the criticism gets out of control at times. And a lot of it seems based on the idea that there is one proper way to respond in every situation, with no regard for individualism. 

Cam is a young guy who is emotionally expressive, in victory and defeat. There are going to be some wince-worthy moments. I think we make far too much of them.

Emotionally expressive?  I say emotionally constipated and immature. He was on a national stage with millions of young, impressionable kids watching him. And, he acted like a 3 year old. Sorry. If I had acted like that on public television after a business loss, I would be without employment. Grow up!!!

25 minutes ago, Superman said:

I can make the decision to leave something alone on my own. Just like you can.

I really don't understand why having a discussion about something we disagree on has to lead to you trying to shut me or anyone else down. If you disagree, fine. If you want to discontinue the discussion, fine. That's your decision. Me 'leaving it alone' is not.

22 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

OK....it is recess Sup.  Indeed you do.    

Every day I see you doing this( in bold) and I have not done it for years...OK  maybe to a Patriot fan...HA!

You baited me.  That is against the rules.

Goodnight Colts Fans.....

9 minutes ago, radiogirl said:

Completely disagree. I expect more out of my 12 year old at a football game. 

Your 12 year old son didn't just lose the SB on an internationally televised stage, the biggest in professional sports & 1  less than stellar decision to walk off a post press conference Q & A session & a series of boastful assertions leading up to the San Francisco game, doesn't mean that Cam Newton won't emerge a better person & QB in say 6-8 months. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Ha, I get that, but Cam didn't have anything to say...

Other than his awkward body language of course...

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

That wouldn't change anything though. If Cam chose not to go to the presser at all, the reaction would be even worse. And at the end of it, he walked out because he couldn't handle it. 

Sometimes we grow more in defeat than in victory. Hopefully Cam grows from this. Maybe he doesn't, but we'll have to see.

He shouldn't have been there after this loss. This isn't the first tantrum and taunt. Maybe he will grow from it. Personally, I'm not holding my breath.  

8 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I like both of these QBs who participated last night

Truth be told we went to bed because we did not really care...but preferred Peyton of course.  It was a school night.  Nothing is more important than life.  That is why I rarely get into these kind of arguments with forum members...let alone 'someone else.'

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Your 12 year old son didn't just lose the SB on an internationally televised stage, the biggest in professional sports & 1  less than stellar decision to walk off a post press conference Q & A session & a series of boastful assertions up to the San Francisco game, doesn't mean that Cam Newton won't emerge a better person & QB in say 6-8 months. 

No. My son just endured a horrific divorce that tore his whole family apart and who doesn't make millions of dollars should act like a grown up.  So, you're right, southwest, I should expect more from a socially awkward boy struggling with life than a professional athlete. There are a ton of quarterbacks that have lost a Super Bowl that didn't act like a whiner baby. Give me a break, SW. 

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Your 12 year old son didn't just lose the SB on an internationally televised stage, the biggest in professional sports & 1  less than stellar decision to walk off a post press conference Q & A session & a series of boastful assertions leading up to the San Francisco game, doesn't mean that Cam Newton won't emerge a better person & QB in say 6-8 months. 

He has learned his lesson and will come back a bigger and better man for being a baby.  HMMM!  I wish him the best.

8 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Your 12 year old son didn't just lose the SB on an internationally televised stage, the biggest in professional sports & 1  less than stellar decision to walk off a post press conference Q & A session & a series of boastful assertions up to the San Francisco game, doesn't mean that Cam Newton won't emerge a better person & QB in say 6-8 months. 

I can't believe I responded to this. Ridiculous on so many levels. 

Just now, radiogirl said:

No. My son just endured a horrific divorce that tore his whole family apart and who doesn't makes millions of dollars should act like a grown up.  So, you're right, southwest, I should expect more from a socially awkward boy struggling with life than a professional athlete. There are a ton of quarterbacks that have lost a Super Bowl that didn't act like a whiner baby. Give me a break, SW. 

Okay. I don't understand what your son's divorce has to do with Cam Newton's press conference. But I will let that go. I hope your son lands on his feet & feels better soon. Take Care RG. 

I'm not here to change your mind on Cam. Just give you my perspective on Newton's loss. That's all you are free to disagree with me of course. That's perfectly fine. 

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So what. I would too. He just lost the biggest game of his career. I doubt he wants to answer a bunch of * trying to get a story out of his misery

Coming from the much younger generation huh CR91???.....Cam has a job to do, and so do the legitimate media organizations.  Reporters from all over the world to see what the MVP of the league has to say....good or bad.  Millions of dollars spent for one of the best sports in the world.  He says "I don't want too participate."

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

Coming from the much younger generation huh CR91???.....Cam has a job to do, and so do the legitimate media organizations.  Reporters from all over the world to see what the MVP of the league has to say....good or bad.  Millions of dollars spent for one of the best sports in the world.  He says "I don't want too participate."

You basically get humiliated in national TV for the championship, would you be in the mood to get criticized by a bunch of people just trying to poke the bear

Just now, Buck Showalter said:

Wow, this is getting juicy...

It's funny that  Cam defenders are saying how silly those who think he acted like a cry baby are, and yet defending him in an equally silly way...

classic colts forum...

I just read the last two pages on this...  and I'm like :mindblow:    haha

I'm not a Panthers fan,  I'm not a Cam fan,  and at the end of the day  I'm not losing any sleep over his behavior.   I thought it was a bit pathetic, but I also understand he was devastated by the loss.

Before the game started last night, after watching several hours of Super Bowl week interviews and stories, etc..   I said to my family ~ the best thing that could happen to that young man would be to lose today, get knocked down a few notches, and hopefully bounce back a better person.     :dunno:   Could happen.

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Okay. I don't understand what your son's divorce has to do with Cam Newton's press conference. But I will let that go. I hope your son lands on his feet & feels better soon. Take Care RG. 

I'm not here to change your mind on Cam. Just give you my perspective on Newton's loss. That's all you are free to disagree with me of course. That's perfectly fine. 

What RG was saying is grown men should act more professionally and maturely that a 12 yr-old boy regardless of the situation. Our kids went through a very tough  tough situation....and still act better than Cam newton.  He is truly a juvenile in a man's body.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You basically get humiliated in national TV for the championship, would you be in the mood to get criticized by a bunch of people just trying to poke the bear

What questions are humiliating?  Some are stupid questions, but the fans have every right to know???  Humiliating it is not!!!

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So what. I would too. He just lost the biggest game of his career. I doubt he wants to answer a bunch of * trying to get a story out of his misery

1.  He just won the NFL mvp. He is the face of the nfl. 

2.  He wants to dance and brag and showboat when he wins,  but he can't handle a loss.  Goes towards his maturity, humility, sportsmanship, and character. Look at Luke keuchly and Josh Normans interviews. They were not being childish. 

3. Those "*s" are there for a job, you can't fault them. Part of cams job is to provide interviews after a game, win or lose. If he can't handle that,  don't play. He knows it's his responsibility and refused to own it. 

4. He is a role model that many kids look up to.  Does he represent, right then and there,  how we want our kids to grow up and be like? I know I would not want mine to.  I am a very competitive person,  too much to some people.  But I have never been called a sore loser. I own up when I lose and don't pout around, nor do I rub it in or overly celebrate when I win.  

Those a just a few but primary reasons I dislike him.  This one situation epitomizes why he is someone I can't respect. 

27 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

OK....it is recess Sup.  Indeed you do.    

Every day I see you doing this( in bold) and I have not done it for years...OK  maybe to a Patriot fan...HA!

You baited me.  That is against the rules.

Goodnight Colts Fans.....

Brent if you think I was baiting you, I apologize. It was not my intention to do so. I thought we were just discussing Cam. Yes, we disagree, but that doesn't mean I'm trying to irritate you.

What I take exception to is being told to leave it alone. You can be done with the conversation, but telling someone to leave it alone makes it seem like if you don't approve of me being part of the discussion, then I'm not allowed. Whatever, I probably took it the wrong way. Like I said, it was not my intention to make anything personal.

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

2.  He wants to dance and brag and showboat when he wins,  but he can't handle a loss.  Goes towards his maturity, humility, sportsmanship, and character. Look at Luke keuchly and Josh Normans interviews. They were not being childish. 

3. Those "*s" are there for a job, you can't fault them. Part of cams job is to provide interviews after a game, win or lose. If he can't handle that,  don't play. He knows it's his responsibility and refused to own it. 

4. He is a role model that many kids look up to.  Does he represent, right then and there,  how we want our kids to grow up and be like? I know I would not want mine to.  I am a very competitive person,  too much to some people.  But I have never been called a sore loser. I own up when I lose and don't pout around, nor do I rub it in or overly celebrate when I win.  

Those a just a few but primary reasons I dislike him.  This one situation epitomizes why he is someone I can't respect. 

So you want someone to do a job on your expense

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Suck it up and do your job!  Other QB's interviewed after a SB loss acted humbly and with class. Not so much last night. 

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Spot on!  Fantastic post!

22 minutes ago, radiogirl said:

No. My son just endured a horrific divorce that tore his whole family apart and who doesn't make millions of dollars should act like a grown up.  So, you're right, southwest, I should expect more from a socially awkward boy struggling with life than a professional athlete. There are a ton of quarterbacks that have lost a Super Bowl that didn't act like a whiner baby. Give me a break, SW. 

Sorry to hear,  but great point. 

3 minutes ago, radiogirl said:

Suck it up and do your job!  Other QB's interviewed after a SB loss acted humbly and with class. Not so much last night. 

Yea giving generic and depressing answers. That really helps them feel better about losing

6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I spent a whole lotta time....saying what you said in one post.  Thank you for saying it better than I did.