Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton fumble reaction

Tsarquise

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He choked.

He's also an egotistical person. Couldn't even handle the post game presser and had to walk out. 

That post game press conference was bad but why does the NFL put guys in that position?  He just lost the Super Bowl, the last thing he wants to do is get peppered with stupid questions.  

Just now, peytonmanning18 said:

That post game press conference was bad but why does the NFL put guys in that position?  He just lost the Super Bowl, the last thing he wants to do is get peppered with stupid questions.  

I agree. The NFL really shouldn't put people in this spotlight.

BUT if he was willing to accept the accolades he has to accept the criticism.

4 minutes ago, peytonmanning18 said:

Peyton Manning had to after getting blown out last time,  he didn't walk out. Even crybaby Brady didn't walk out. Cam thought he was untouchable and Von Millet knocked his ego down a peg or two

I think it was more of him hoping it would pop back up and he was envisioning taking off after that.

Honestly I think it was just a case of not realizing the game situation on his part. He was thinking of making a play instead of 'oh man I HAVE to get on this fumble or we are done'...

Just a dumb play honestly, not trying to rag on him, but that was just a time where he should have been thinking of keeping possession instead of making a play.

Peyton got steamrollered 43-8 two years ago..and he answered every last question

I dont expect Cam to be Peyton........

........but he didnt do himself any favors tonight....it will be a long spring and summer

I think he'll make some better statements tomorrow or Tuesday when they get back home

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Peyton Manning had to after getting blown out last time,  he didn't walk out. Even crybaby Brady didn't walk out. Cam thought he was untouchable and Von Millet knocked his ego down a peg or two

I'm not excusing Cam for acting like a whiny, 2 year old spoiled brat but I still don't think the losing team should have to do that.  If you're gonna dance and dab when things are going well then you better face the music when they aren't going well.  

He started to go for the ball, thought about it, and backed off. 

As for walking out on the presser, well, he's still a bit immature. If it's all going his way he'll smile and pose for the cameras until the cows come home. As soon as things go the other way it's like "leave me alone." Just needs to grow up.

6 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Give the guy a break. I for one love the attitude Cam shows. Nobody wants to see the scripted speeches everyone else memorizes. I love Cam and can't wait to see Luck and him battle for years to come. 

Nobody wants to see a bad loser and a bad winner either. Sportsmanship. That's something Cam can learn from players like Peyton.

I think there's a lot that goes into it.  From what I remember, Cam didn't really have an open shot at the ball and he'd be risking significant injury (eg. helmet to the shin, helmet to the hands) if he did dive for it.  Hard to say what he actually thought, but that's what I remember.

6 minutes ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

How about we build a defense like that in Indy and ride that pony to the post season every year?

To be fair, that's one of the best defenses of all time. Not many teams could build one that good. If the Colts build a D half as good as the Broncos I would be estatic. Anything better than that would be icing on the cake.

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

It kind of reminded me of Lucks superman touchdown against the Chiefs a few years back in the playoffs. Luck actually picked that fumble up though was the difference. Not that Cam would have scored a TD there, but Luck would have absolutely dove for that fumble. 

It's a risk though. Let's not forget Luck ruptured his kidney trying to make something of nothing 

It was hard to stomach watching all of the panther players dance around with towels on their heads when the teams they played against in the playoffs fell apart.  Tonight, they got their behinds handed to them on a platter by the better team. It might be a tough pill to swallow, and I'm sure Cam and the panthers will be back, but professional athletes get paid millions.  Acknowledge the better team and be gracious in defeat.

Edited by 21isSuperman
Language

24 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Let's be honest, though, we'd all % our pants too if we went through that pummeling tonight. No QB has a chance against that defense.

Me? I'd have cried and agree I would've wet myself. But the difference is he's the League MVP. How much grief did Peyton catch for that reason alone?

One or two times is understandable but to fold like that followed by his inability to address it like an adult is very telling to me.

25 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its really incredible that Luck played as well as he did against that crazy good defense. Gives me hope...

Luck is very good, that's why.   

People here seem to think Hasselbeck was the better option.   

I laugh at all of them.   

We're very close to winning it all. 

59 minutes ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

How about we build a defense like that in Indy and ride that pony to the post season every year?

That's where our focus needs to be. It will keep Luck from doing a lot of the dumb stuff he does trying to carry the whole team on his shoulders. He will minimize that stuff once he understands he doesn't have a need to put the whole thing on his shoulders.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think there's a lot that goes into it.  From what I remember, Cam didn't really have an open shot at the ball and he'd be risking significant injury (eg. helmet to the shin, helmet to the hands) if he did dive for it.  Hard to say what he actually thought, but that's what I remember.

Risk injury?  the SB was in the line lol.  He lowers his shoulder and takes on linebackers in the regular season, I think diving on the ball to keep a drive alive to win the SB is worth the risk.

im not sure what exactly what he was thinking, but it was odd as hell.

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

It kind of reminded me of Lucks superman touchdown against the Chiefs a few years back in the playoffs. Luck actually picked that fumble up though was the difference. Not that Cam would have scored a TD there, but Luck would have absolutely dove for that fumble. 

Yes, Luck was the true Superman that day. haha

10 hours ago, IinD said:

I think it was more of him hoping it would pop back up and he was envisioning taking off after that.

Honestly I think it was just a case of not realizing the game situation on his part. He was thinking of making a play instead of 'oh man I HAVE to get on this fumble or we are done'...

Just a dumb play honestly, not trying to rag on him, but that was just a time where he should have been thinking of keeping possession instead of making a play.

Yeah , I think he somehow was thinking about doing something more than just diving into the pile and recovering it. I really doubt he was afraid of the subsequent contact like Sims insinuated.

i think this is a lot of over reaction.  he is 6'5 and diving on the ground for lose balls is not something he is any good at

big guys fall on it, little guys pick it up and run.  whats the rule for tall and lanky?

his height played a role in that little miss step too, he couldnt get low enough to get it 

20 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Yeah , I think he somehow was thinking about doing something more than just diving into the pile and recovering it. I really doubt he was afraid of the subsequent contact like Sims insinuated.

yeah it is stupid to argue that cam was scared.  he puts his body on the line every single game.

ball got away from him, he took a bad step and couldnt get down on it.

10 hours ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

gonna be hard to do.  miller is the corner stone of the D and he was the second overall pick.  we wont be able to buy a pass rush like that in FA

with the way things just played out there is zero chance miller will leave denver.  

34 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

gonna be hard to do.  miller is the corner stone of the D and he was the second overall pick.  we wont be able to buy a pass rush like that in FA

with the way things just played out there is zero chance miller will leave denver.  

But we could make it a priority and build it over time. O line and defense are my top priority. Luck is good enough with time to make average receivers look good. No need to break the bank on weapons for the offense. And I have no interest is seeing record setting offenses that lose in the playoffs like I lived through in the Manning years. Thank you Polian for the Buffalo Bills 2.0.

Cam Newton played absolutely horrifying in that game. He should be required to give back his MVP and it go to Carson Palmer for his terrific comeback season. 

That was the worst MVP quarterback performance I have seen since Rich Gannon in 2003 and his epic meltdown in the Super Bowl. 

Cam Newton is officially our new Rich Gannon. Some will compare him to McNabb but I don't think that's fair, cause McNabb was a lot nicer person, and he still kept that SB a tight game to the very end despite having a coach who don't know how to manage a clock. There is no excuses for Cam at all for this game. 

16 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

To be fair, that's one of the best defenses of all time. Not many teams could build one that good. If the Colts build a D half as good as the Broncos I would be estatic. Anything better than that would be icing on the cake.

Let's be real, a cake without icing is just wrong.